It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a fan of science, but the Big Bang doesn't seem realitstic to me.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
So the whole future universe existed on less than the head of a pin.

And life wasn't present, but then there it was.

And dark energy and dark matter make up 95% of all matter but we cant see it. OK. Really?

I suspect we live in a computer simulation so all of the rules of physics do not apply.

The universe might be expanding too quickly but that might be a product of a simulation.
edit on 12-4-2017 by droid56 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2017 by droid56 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I guess this might turn into a chicken and the egg question but....who hit the enter button on the computer to start the simulation???
Would it be a computer big bang or a sentient being??

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm kinda on the same page as you. Not necessarily with the simulation part, but I find the big-bang just as implausible as creationism. This whole "universe is a simulation" idea kinda wreaks of creationism, just from a different source.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I don't see how the big bang isn't plausible.

If a black hole can suck energy/light/matter in to point nothing can escape it.

The the big bang is the beginning of the cycle.

Cause/effect.

Birth to death.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I'm skeptical of the big bang theory. Seems impossible that everything came from a single point.

In the future, people will probably look at the big bang theory like they do the flat earth believers of past centuries.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

The big bang theory says that there existed quantum fluctuations in the beginning. Quantum states are defined by measurements (observer effects). Therefore, the initial quantum fluctuations took the only states that were guaranteed to be eventually observed (measured).

JMHO.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I can't believe it is possible to figure out how the universe was really formed from the dinky spot of dust we live on. They have made it up, it may be partly true, but probably not. It is consensus of the time that forms reality, not truth. So if everyone is conned into believing something that is impossible to figure out for sure, then it is reality. Once it is deemed reality, you have to prove it is false, none of us can possibly do that at this time.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'm kinda leaning toward the whole universe was created as thought, like a dream. The one source of thought split itself to smaller less conscious beings to learn and grow into and train their consciousness to be as powerful as the original.

I think the part of the universe we occupy and observe is expanding. However there is more that we are unable to see that is contracting, forming a taurus.

I think people like Nassim Haramein, Wallace Thornhill, Walter Russell, Tesla, and Rupert Sheldrake are more on the right track than mainstream physicists. Hence the reason we still rely on oil.

link   

A short blob from a chapter of a book that I will never finish.

What about the Big Bang

The Big Bang theory, up until this point, had never able to explain what banged, why it banged, and what was going on, to cause the bang. The theory looked right if you ran the expanding universe in reverse so that all matter was scrunched into a small theoretical point; but try that sometime and see how far you get. The Big Bang looked like the real deal on a theorist chalk board or computer simulation but what were the conditions for the bang and what caused the “BANG” had never been answered.

BRANES:

You could think of Branes as some sort of energy string that has been stretched and flattened into a huge sheet of raw multifaceted energy that can have several dimensions connected to its' X-Y-Z (Plus “T” for time) dimensional surface.

At the time no one on earth knew how many Branes there were, only that at least one Brane has been theorized and finally found to actually exist due to the CERN experiments and some very smart people who delved into such matters.

We now know the total extra-dimensional universe (s), or everything that is, could be likened to a package of Brane printer paper; only the sheets almost never touch. If and when they do touch due to an imbalance of the Dark Matter/Energy gravity wave fields, you get “BOOM” an a new universe is born much like the place we see all around us. In other words this prior hidden dimension where all gravity leaks through into the multiverse has so much energy present on the surface of just one of the Branes it is almost incalculable even though there are those on earth who try calculate the power of its' energy field to this very day. Simple really, when the Branes touch “the much heralded BIG BANG” starts another universe which will inflate from the point of their contact into another blister bubble universe that inflates to an average of 93 billion light years and continues on from there..

Put another way our universe is but one page in a book which is bound together by our local Brane . . . our page is not the only one and that is for sure. Every page represents another universe . . . pages are not supposed to interact with another . . . each page is a universe unto itself...... two pages in this theoretical book can not touch unless one has a frequency key....We now know when Branes touch all mathematical hell breaks loose..... but a new universe is born unto the multiverse....

One old earth theory guesstimated the Branes would touch every trillion earth years or so and then be repelled back apart to start the whole unending cycle over again.

link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I know the feeling it is like thinking about mirrors. It feels toobroad to grasp.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
I'm kinda leaning toward the whole universe was created as thought, like a dream.

I don't see thoughts or dreams spontaneously becoming reality. Only ideas that result from the combinations of other ideas in nature spontaneously come into being....like an egg and sperm (ie... the DNA combinations they carry) combine and form a unique human.

Ideas from minds don't spontaneously manifest...but ideas from nature do. Our existence did not result from ideas in minds. Or there's no evidence of that, at all, that I can discern.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
So the whole future universe existed on less than the head of a pin.

And life wasn't present, but then there it was.

And dark energy and dark matter make up 95% of all matter but we cant see it. OK. Really?

I suspect we live in a computer simulation so all of the rules of physics do not apply.

The universe might be expanding too quickly but that might be a product of a simulation.

So your a creationist thinking god was bored and wrote a video game?? And you can't believe in science and creationism is more realistic ????
edit on 4/13/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
ive always had an issue with the one off nature of the big bang theory. i just cant wrap my head around it being a one time event which led me to start theorizing on random things. got me thinking about black holes and would if they grow orders of magnitude with every bit of mass they pull in. for example if there were 2 black holes with a gravity well of say 1 light year across and if they merged would u maybe get a gravity well thats 10 light years across. so maybe we have a very young universe and over time with merging of galaxies and many super massive black holes that at some point they maybe start to actually have a massive effect on space time, slowing down the expansion until u reach a tipping point and suddenly everything starts pulling back in on itself and collapsing faster and faster as more and more black holes merge until u end up with everything back on that pinpoint where it goes "bang" again. just a random thought process i had recently with nothing to back it up. its fun to theorize though.
edit on 13-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Basically our whole existence is empty space. 99.99% of an atom is empty space. This is scientific fact. What keeps us from seeing that empty is space is the way our brain decodes reality. I think that empty space is not quite empty but is conscious.

Everything you can see or can't see in our existence is consciousness. Our minds are at a level where we can only perceive 3d reality. When you meditate and balance the right and left hemispheres of your brain you start to tap into the wider reality. Our bodies are proven to put off an electromagnetic field that expands from our heart past our bodies. When you tap into that field by expanding your consciousness it starts to overlap with other peoples field whether they know it or not.

This is where psychic phenomena starts to happen. Personally I have had countless psychic experiences, and they usually happen when i meditate often. This is also why I think simultaneous inventions happen. www.cracked.com...

Or where this guys chi power comes from.

I think there are plenty of examples, i think people just chose to ignore them.

I'm not going to pretend that I know more than Tesla. - “The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

Also no you don't see thoughts or dreams spontaneously becoming reality. But you do see every creation ever invented being a well planned out thought or dream before it was ever created in our physical world.
edit on 13-4-2017 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

link   
Does it really matter?

I mean, the Universe has been here for:
a. 14.5 trillion years
b. Forever
c. Both of the above
d. None of the above
e. All of the above

Essay question: How does your answer affect your paradigm?

edit on 4/13/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
Actually if the universe is a simulation it's simulated laws of physics would still apply only the laws of physics in whatever plane of existence our simulation was being run from would not apply

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Maybe if everyone realized that we really actually were all one consciousness, we could stop killing and raping each other?

Maybe we could get a long and work as a team instead of rich pinning poor against poor.

Big Bang theory perpetuates the idea that, "this is all just kinda pointless so *&^% it lets party."

Rather than, we have a responsibility to our fellow humans and the earth to do what we can to help them.

It completely rips spirituality out of the picture and is where the term YOLO comes from. Not only is it backwards but it's created to control the world view of humanity.

edit on 13-4-2017 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Your OP is why there is a difference between a "fan" of science, and a "student" of it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join