It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROPOSAL: Refugees can become paid volunteers in European Foreign Legion?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: galien8

So your idea is use immigrants as cannon fodder?? Seriously you think its a good idea to have immagrants killed for wanting to enter the country???

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Why would you make the language English? The only EU nation who's language is English is Ireland.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Loyalty or oppression
That was 70 years ago, why fight for europeans, most of these people want to fight europeans.
Colonial powers have all been ousted mostly

Its a different world now than then

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
You want to give them weapons?!

Nevermind about organizing them!

Not only but train them to fight and send them back to take over their own homeland?

That always ends badly. See Bay of Pigs, Cuba.

Edit: The insurgents in Syria are not made up of Syrians. The Syrian people as well as the military support their government. You think Assad would remain this long without that support?
edit on 12-4-2017 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hahahaha ...... yea right .
They dont even have the balls to stay and defend their own countries . They damn sure wont defend europe or anyone else .

Theyd have a higher fast surrender rate than the french army .

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have a better idea, why don't we train them in whatever capacity is needed, then send them back to their own countries to make them better places

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Christ on a bike,this idea is every sort of stupid there is. The pic in first post is a coconut tree not a date tree,and as mentioned, you agree with the dead end of stupid street to give them weapons and organize them?
Not good.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Isn't that what the U.S. is for?

Time for Europe to pull their own weight. Certain countries do, most do not. If you are offended by this comment, you are likely from a country not it pulling their share.

.....Did I hurt feelings?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I don't think the military "Foriegn Legion" idea flys - the French FL has a long history and is a very sophisticated engine.

I do think 'migrants' should contribute to the country they are in, rather than simply dwell in a camp or detention centre.

Perhaps they could be employed on 'public projects' while they await assessment.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: galien8
-language English

Interesting idea, but do you really think the French will allow any European organisation to have English as the primary language, especially with the UK leaving the EU.

There are 24 official languages in the EU and many more across Europe as a whole. German is the one that is spoken by most due to Germanys population.

Why not take the model of the UK Gurkha batallions, where single ethinic groups can be formed into fighting forces but take the base language of their hosts. Their hosts also providing the officers. In this way language is secondary.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

The economic refugees should run along back where they came from (they might need some assistance in leaving, in case they've gotten a little bit too comfy.)

These what you call economic refugees are actually climate change refugees, there is no food, no water, to few rain fall, no housing, no work, no future locally enough, they are locally "overpopulation" sometimes there are wars too for the last resources, understandable they come to Europe. We got to deal with them

PS: Sometimes temperatures above 55 degrees Centigrade over there due to climate change

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

They come to welfare states and you think they want to work or even sacrifice their lives?

Yes or they don't get asylum

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Why would Africans be loyal to europeans, seems illogical in every dimension of its being.
Even the european community is split amongst itself, why would Africans want to join a childrens circus

join The Legion "march or die" or don't get asylum

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

So your idea is use immigrants as cannon fodder?

no, as Legionairs "March or Die" material

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

Why would you make the language English? The only EU nation who's language is English is Ireland.

because they already talk some basic english from books, comics, films and TV and INTERNET

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Not only but train them to fight and send them back to take over their own homeland?

No they are never send back to fight in their own countries! This must be garantuee or only voluntary

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Hahahaha ...... yea right .
They dont even have the balls to stay and defend their own countries . They damn sure wont defend europe or anyone else .

Theyd have a higher fast surrender rate than the french army .

...we will show how we Africans can fight!... ...and I'll show you where The Iron Crosses grow...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
By 'refugees', I take it you mean the MILLIONS of fake-refugees that are flooding into Europe from 'moderate' majority-Muslim countries.

Try organising them, good luck with that.
Then ARM THEM?!?!?! That would take an EXTREMELY low IQ to even begin to consider such a move.

Jihad is NOT a 'right wing conspiracy', is a very real DEMAND that is ordered to ALL muslims (don't try and say that's false, I KNOW you haven't EVER read a Quran, it's in there, DOZENS of times)

The new Muslim army you are seeking to create is MORE THAN 100% likely to rape, murder, rape, pillage, rape, destroy and rape EVERY non Muslim society it encounters.

Just like ALL muslim forces have done throughout history.

Pointing out facts and stating the obvious is NOT racist or bigoted.

I was born in Oman, both of my parents were born in Saudi. Islam is FAAAAAR more hateful and intolerant than nazism or the kkk could ever dream of being.

Again, not racist, not wrong either.

DO NOT work toward creating a massive Muslim army, Hitler was a kind loving gentleman compared to mohammed, even compared to 'moderate' muslims.
edit on 13 4 2017 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvanB
I have a better idea, why don't we train them in whatever capacity is needed, then send them back to their own countries to make them better places

HALELUJAH []:-)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Isn't that what the U.S. is for?

Time for Europe to pull their own weight. Certain countries do, most do not. If you are offended by this comment, you are likely from a country not it pulling their share.

.....Did I hurt feelings?

...and everybody had a date, and everybody pulled his weight...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join