It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump caught blatantly lying about whether he knew Steve Bannon before the 2016 campaign

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
How can you trust someone about something big and important when they can't tell the truth about small and insignificant things?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
politician lies. stop the press.

Oh please, Trump has been a pathological liar long before November 8th. He's not a politician, he's a con man who lied his ass off to get into the White House.

Yeah, Obama is a far bigger liar than Trump could ever be.

How many people needlessly suffered – in far too many cases seriously, because of the Obama lie: “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.”?

How many people had their healthcare significantly downgraded and up-priced because of the Obama lie: “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.”?

How many MILLIONS of jobs were lost and lives irreparably harmed because of the Obama lie: “Obamacare is not a tax.”? [Obamacare was passed by Democrats in Congress without one Republican vote as a “tax” and upheld by the Supreme Court because it was a “tax”.]

Benghazi was caused by a You Tube Video.

Obama lied when he said he’d never emailed Bill Clinton’s wife on her unsecure server. He lied when he said he didn’t know she had one.

Obama lied when he swore that he didn’t use the IRS to spy on and harass conservative groups [an investigation that has now been re-opened].

Obama lied when he said that by taking $900 billion out of our children’s future he could fix the economic mess caused by liberals in Congress bullying lenders into making bad loans to their penniless liberal constituents under guise of the CRA. 95 million eligible workers were forced out of the workforce.

Right up to today… Obama lied about Syria having disposed of all their chemical weapons.

If we’re going to have a discussion about presidential liars, we can’t leave out the worst liar of them all – Barack Hussein Obama.

edit on 12-4-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama has no legacy other than failure.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Source me a link where a Trump supporter is denying the fact that he's lied/is a liar and I'll quit the internet.

I think you're missing the point, because this has nothing to do with politics. I think YOU have to put the politics aside..

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
How can you trust someone about something big and important when they can't tell the truth about small and insignificant things?

Because it's right there like you said.. small insignificant is exactly that.. insignificant.

That's a terrible argument.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: underwerks

Because it's right there like you said.. small insignificant is exactly that.. insignificant.

That's a terrible argument.

No, it isn't. Whether insignificant or not, it's still a lie. And that's what this is about. A lie is a lie is a lie..

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So by your logic, if I told you a white lie, it would render me incapable of telling the truth when it matters?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
All these pages yet No one is addressing the elephant in the room that their is no conflict in the statements whatsoever

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Swills

Source me a link where a Trump supporter is denying the fact that he's lied/is a liar and I'll quit the internet.

I think you're missing the point, because this has nothing to do with politics. I think YOU have to put the politics aside..

Actually, as a Trump supporter, I'll answer your question this way: I do not believe President Trump is a liar as in that being his default mode. Actually, I have found him to be quite honest for a (admittedly new) politician.

The term "lie" is hard to define and can differ from person-to-person, much like the term "know", as I detailed earlier in the thread.

To me, a real lie must have the elements of premeditation, calculation, and an intent to mislead. Personally, I use that term very rarely and only when the "lie" I'm talking about fits that description.

Maybe I get Trump more than others just because I've been in real estate and development my entire adult life and have known my share of lesser Trumps.

Bottom line -- I do not think Trump is a congenital liar. I think he's an honest person by nature and have seen no evidence to even remotely challenge that sentiment.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

So by your logic, if I told you a white lie, it would render me incapable of telling the truth when it matters?

Not incapable, just unlikely.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

" Why would Trump lie about something he knows full well is on record? How could he forget? Dementia or perhaps just makes up his reality like he tweets every morning. what's the point? "

So People like You , and a few Others will have something Absolutely Meaningless to Get their Panties all up in a Bunch about .

link   

originally posted by: omniEther
All these pages yet No one is addressing the elephant in the room that their is no conflict in the statements whatsoever

To be fair, it all comes down to how one interprets the term "know".

I might know you exist, might have met you a time or two, but still NOT "know" you, right?

Trump supporters are going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, Trump-haters are going to call this the worst affront to humanity ever.

In the end, it's not going to matter one way or the other...

link   

Of course not. It just makes it harder to trust anything you say after I catch you in a lie.

Trump has established a pattern of lying. I don't trust him!

And to be perfectly honest, I don't trust people that accept his blatant BS.

www.dailywire.com...#
edit on 12-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

One statement says Bannon didn't join his campaign until late. The other statement says he's known him for many years..

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

a reply to: SBMcG

One statement says Bannon didn't join his campaign until late. The other statement says he's known him for many years..

Basically. Again, the statements aren't contradictory depending upon how President Trump was using the term "know".

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Well, that's the reality of it so I guess you find this all very funny Trump supporters voted in a pathological liar?

The last several presidents have all been terrible pathological liars. What concerns me most is how Trump is a total 'powder keg.' too.

He did a complete 180° on Syria and barely anyone raised an eyebrow.

He can do pretty much whatever and no one would think, "Odd. That's out of character. What's really going on?"

I'm of the opinion we were meant to have a powder keg as president in these intense times. And I am very concerned about that.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

I might know you exist, might have met you a time or two, but still NOT "know" you, right?

Trump supporters are going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, Trump-haters are going to call this the worst affront to humanity ever.

What it really boils down to is what he gets done. The right claiming that the left lies was unconvincing to the left then and the opposite is unconvincing now. Waste of time. So far his greatest achievement is the appointment of Justice Gorsuch. I suspect that he will get another two Justices appointed before too long. Plus 100 federal judge appointments. That alone will have significant effect for the next 30 years. Lies? Who cares.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Wow, if this is a "lie" that gets coverage, Trump must not be telling too many. It was so vague anyone calling this is a blatant lie, is grasping hard. At worst it was a misspeak, and a pretty irrelevant one at that, just something else to waste our time with I guess.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Trump lied again what else is new

I think that his 100 millionth lie in his life

Probably his 90 millionth since the start of his campaign

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: SBMcG

What it really boils down to is what he gets done. The right claiming that the left lies was unconvincing to the left then and the opposite is unconvincing now. Waste of time. So far his greatest achievement is the appointment of Justice Gorsuch. I suspect that he will get another two Justices appointed before too long. Plus 100 federal judge appointments. That alone will have significant effect for the next 30 years. Lies? Who cares.

You sir, are 100% correct.

The leftists continually pounding the false narrative that Trump is an habitual liar on the level of Bill Clinton's wife or Obama will make absolutely no difference in the end.

The Supreme Court is going to be a 7 - 2 conservative Trump court for the next 25 years or so, and the lesser Federal Courts are going to be stacked to the rafters with conservative justices taking away the last vestige of entrenched power the Left had.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

OMG, a politician lied? This is unprecedented.

Maybe it's horribly conditioning from society, but I'd be dumbfounded if one of these politicians started telling the truth.

As for this instance it seems pretty trivial.

Of course we expect politicians to lie. But to lie in the face of evidence you know exists; that's a sign of mental instability.

dementia or psychosis...take you pick

Especially over something trivial, I am gonna go with psychosis for the win.
edit on 12-4-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join