It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft Activity Over My House this Moring.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
aircraft activity over my house, is not that unusual. i live about a mile from Eglin AFB outer ranges and 30 or so miles from the main gate.
also Pensacola NAS home of the Blue Angels is just about the same in the other direction.

what is unusual is that this morning aircraft are flying over my house and they seem pretty low.
i'll try to explain, even though Eglin is close and a testing, and a practice range area, most of the time they fly out over the gulf, or the other direction, or if i can hear them they sound is distant. you can hear them bombing and firing the mini guns all the time (AC 130 Spectures from Duke), or some times other aircraft.

Sometimes when the Blues are practicing or having a air show they fly down the beach which is just about 15 miles from here. when the farm was running and most of the land was cleared and we could stand on the back dock of the egg plant and watch them but now it all grown up and you can't see it.

the sound reminds me of the last time i was down around Eglin and heard the F35. those are by far the loudest aircraft i've heard. and i've been on Eglin doing service calls when aircraft have taken off. anyone that's been on Eglin knows that the one runway runs right beside the main drag on base or it did back then.

and the blues only sound that loud when down low. now i've looked to see if there is a show and if they are at NAS now, all i found was a show scheduled for NAS New Orleans, LA | New Orleans Air Show on the 22nd and 23rd.

i tried to go our and see if i could see what they were, but it is cloudy and over cast a spots here and there you can see through, all i saw was just one way up and even with my binoculars couldn't see it that well.

to tell you the truth only times i've ever heard them sound like this, is right before a some sort of... well i guess strike or mission would be a better word than war. it happen in the gulf war, the war on terror and iraq.

posting this knowing that Zaphod58 is in here all the time and maybe the best bet to find out, as i write this one just flew over. looking out the window looks as if the sun is coming out. so maybe i can see and rell what they are now.

maybe just the blues practicing.

edit on 12-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The French are visiting. Patrouille de France are making a rare US appearance, and went down to Pensacola with the Blues when they got home the other day. They were scheduled to do a demonstration for them.
edit on 4/12/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

thanks, i never found anything that said that while i searched. now looking at their site there is a facebook post that wasn't there earlier.

but you know what that was dated the 9th and today is the 12th. said their show was for yesterday, , did they change that.
anfd then there is this, dated the 10TH

The French team is scheduled to fly from 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday before the Blue Angels fly at 11:30 a.m., said Joe Hontz, spokesman for the Blue Angels.
French flight team to fly before Blue Angels at Tuesday practice

but yeah i lean towards it's the blues.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

They may have, depending on weather, or they're doing familiarization flights and taking members of each team up in their aircraft, if the French have two seat versions with them. They do a lot of swapping aircraft when two teams meet up like this.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i just caught a glimpse of one just now and it did look like a F/A 18, didn't get a good look before it went behind the trees.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

They're probably flying the French pilots around in their two seaters. Let them get a chance to put them through their paces.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There is also another Air show coming up in the area two weekends from now at Tyndall AFB. I have been seeing a lot of Ospreys and even a few A-10's running up and down the coast while fishing the past few weeks.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
A lot of F-5's in the air around this time of year too...Tells me some big wigs are in town as a lot of the older officers and generals love flying the old F-5 around this area.

top topics

join