It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emanuel: No H.S. Diploma unless you go to college or enlist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: casijones

This guy is a SCUM BAG with his "no fly no buy" list, "never let a good crisis go to waste".

So he wants to guarantee more money to colleges, universities and banks (via loans/debt) which provide astronomically priced diplomas in a terrible job market.

Or be forced to join a for-profit war machine which is attacking nations in the Middle East for the benefit of Israel.

He should be arrested, tried and deported.
edit on 12-4-2017 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Rahm Emmanuel was drunk, sitting on his toilet late one night and came up with this wonderful idea.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I think this is fantastic. The more the left does and says stupid things, the less I have to worry about ragging on them. They provide their own fodder for abuse. All you need to do is sit back and point. Though at some point, it will just become sad and you will feel sorry for them. Bless their hearts.

some news for you
not everyone on the left thinks like this.

i lean way left and i think this is a dumb ass idea

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
(((sigh)))

Idiocy. Just plain, and simple minded idiocy.

(((smdh)))

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i can only conclude that few respondants to this thread actually comprehended what he really said

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

requiring all high school seniors who want to get a diploma to show that they have post-graduation plans by providing written proof that they have been accepted — not merely applied to — by a college,

they better make college free then
edit on 4/12/17 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

My take is Emanuel, like most leftist, is anti-American.

The idea current accomplishments should be based on future accomplishments is asinine.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: network dude
I think this is fantastic. The more the left does and says stupid things, the less I have to worry about ragging on them. They provide their own fodder for abuse. All you need to do is sit back and point. Though at some point, it will just become sad and you will feel sorry for them. Bless their hearts.

some news for you
not everyone on the left thinks like this.

i lean way left and i think this is a dumb ass idea

You're probably not "way left" to the party elite then.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yeah, I would rather throw them in private prisons.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Why does Rahm Emmanual hate kids who are too stupid for college (or just not academically inclined), too unhealthy for a variety of reasons for the military, and can't pull a job in time to graduate high school because they lack work experience?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I guess he's got a big enough purse to pay tuition for those who don't?

"ENLIST or ELSE"

Maybe he'll hand out little pocket knives to the youth?

edit on (4/12/1717 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm not surprised considering the source and his ideology. The Progressive ideal is a two class society with the middle class being replaced by government employees. In that mindset only the Progressive elite would have any power and only their lapdogs would have a decent lifestyle.

Anyone not in lockstep would live in poverty off of handouts and making it so they can't even get a H.S. Diploma would play into that. The poor and minorities would forever be kept underfoot with no power and no way up. It would be our way or the highway.

Looks like his ilk no longer see a reason to hide who they truly are.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Just about covers it, I should think.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

If you look at the statistics, Chicago pretty much is that kind of town. The middle class has all but been eliminated there.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

This is crap. The only way this ever flies is when college is free. Hell, even just the application fee to fake-comply with this jackass proposal is too much for some family budgets.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

What this amounts to in my mind is denying a full H.S. education to those who need it the worst and keeping them trapped at the bottom. It certainly exposes the lie that Progressives want to help the poor and inner city minorities and paints a clear picture as to why they never do anything other than make their situations worse.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Rahm Emmanuel was drunk, sitting on his toilet late one night and came up with this wonderful idea.

Well, thats where my grandpa came up with some of his best thinks. He had a bookcase in there, TV tray and a coffee mug of pens and highlighters. We called it the bat cave.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
GED also?

I can see the conversations...

We think you qualify for our college but you need your GED to be accepted and enrolled.

But they won't give me my GED unless I am enrolled.

Well you can't be accepted and enrolled without the GED.

repeat...

Same with regular diploma...show us or no acceptance...see above

In the long run it should create many more dropouts.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

And dropouts get government handouts and vote for the politicians who promise to ensure those keep flowing and make then people receiving them made at the greedy rich who always have more than their fair share.

It's not the undereducated person's fault they don't have enough sense to understand it all. All they know is others have more and they are perpetually with less because they're stuck on government checks.

It does make it a LOT easier to keep them voting the way you want though instead of having to persuade them your ideas are good ones.
edit on 12-4-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
What this amounts to in my mind is denying a full H.S. education to those who need it the worst and keeping them trapped at the bottom. It certainly exposes the lie that Progressives want to help the poor and inner city minorities and paints a clear picture as to why they never do anything other than make their situations worse.

originally posted by: ketsuko
And dropouts get government handouts and vote for the politicians who promise to ensure those keep flowing and make then people receiving them made at the greedy rich who always have more than their fair share.

Very hard truths.
edit on 4/12/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join