It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Emergency Broadcast Message

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This popped up from one of my friends on my Facebook timeline:

I guess they were watching TV yesterday when that weird message came through. Normally I'd write it off as just another strange thing but considering everything that's happening in the world right now, maybe we shouldn't write off things like this as having no meaning.

Did anyone else see anything like this or maybe catch the whole message? It seems it was cut off pretty quick from the description. They are in Louisville, Kentucky, so I figured maybe there is someone from the area on ATS that saw something as well.

Strange broadcasts like this have always intrigued me. With everything going on with Syria and N. Korea, it's probably best to pay attention to everything, no matter how weird sounding at the moment.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hmm, sounds a bit weird. I would likely believe this to be some sort of a hack, and was cut off air. I think, most TV providers have a bit of a lag time, on air, even when it says LIVE TV, but who knows. We had our monthly Emergency broadcast last night while watching TV.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I am a few hours north in indianapolis, when was it posted because it's 1pm right now and 11 hours ago would have been 2 am, I had the tv on until about 1 am and didn't see or hear anything.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxitsTtimexX

I am a few hours north in indianapolis, when was it posted because it's 1pm right now and 11 hours ago would have been 2 am, I had the tv on until about 1 am and didn't see or hear anything.

I made this OP right after I saw the post, so about 11 hours earlier than the time of the OP.

ETA: About 1:30 am eastern.

edit on 12-4-2017 by underwerks because: Was thinking in west coast time lol

edit on 12-4-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The inner circle is truly a commanding presence. is most likely what was going to be said.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Most likely referring to a game

The Inner Circle was composed of the most powerful members of the Brotherhood of Nod, second to Kane in authority.

cnc.wikia.com...

or a recent reference to trump

Among this group, there has developed a sort of inner circle to Trump's inner circle, people whose jobs allow them to be outside the traditional political and policy chains of command. What unites them is their unfettered access, disdain for the
conventional way of doing things, and a fierce, almost filial, devotion to the boss.

time.com...

The Inner Circle (1991)

Showing one plot summary
The true story of Ivan Sanchin, the KGB officer who was Stalin's private film projectionist from 1939 until the dictator's death. Told from Sanchin's view, the sympathetic but tragically flawed hero maintains unwavering faith in his "Master" despite the arrest of his neighbors and his involvement with their daughter, his wife's affair with the chilling State Security chief Lavrentii Beria and her tragic decline, and the deadly political machinations within the Kremlin he witnesses firsthand.
- Written by Martin H. Booda

www.imdb.com...

The Inner Circle (2009)

Set in New England, five teenage girls living in a boarding school, discover a secretive practice. It is unexpectedly performed by a group of older nuns, and it affects the girls' belief system.

www.imdb.com...

Hitler’s Inner Circle: The 10 Most Powerful Men in Nazi Germany
www.warhistoryonline.com...

THE INNER CIRCLE

A vital part of the San Francisco harbor defenses, this network of concrete stairs, tunnels, and pillboxes was codenamed the "Inner Circle."
THE VIEW FROM POINT BONITA
The Inner Circle was located on the rocky heights above the Point Bonita lighthouse. From here, the minefields at the entrance of the Golden Gate were monitored 24-hours a day.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I'm in Louisville, but I do not have cable so I didn't see it. I can't speak on the weird message, but if it was around noonish, then the emergency broadcast system is tested every Tuesday at noon.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I had a terrible day at work too. I was betwen brain seizure and resignment. Spell check?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Hmmm. I guess "inner circle" could mean a multitude of things. I wish I had the entire message. There's no way to really make out what is being talked about without more context.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I'm in Louisville, but I do not have cable so I didn't see it. I can't speak on the weird message, but if it was around noonish, then the emergency broadcast system is tested every Tuesday at noon.

It was around 1:30 am last night from the facebook post. I don't think the time on posts is exact, so somewhere around then.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
These EBS are creepy as hell, visual and aural nightmare. Maybe one of the reasons I don't watch TV anymore.

Thank God they can't pull this off in laptops.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I tried to complain about myliftetime website on fb last night and it gave me the same try again error I Thought I was being silenced on my disdain for ads lol, but maybe something else was going on at the same time..... or maybe nothing.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I tried to complain about myliftetime website on fb last night and it gave me the same try again error I Thought I was being silenced on my disdain for ads lol, but maybe something else was going on at the same time..... or maybe nothing.

-Alee

You never know. At this point in history it's probably best to watch everything. Maybe its some kind of "activation" message or something?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It sounds like, if he is being honest, that this was a hack. Hacks into the EAS have been done before. It can be unnerving to see a message like that crawling across your tv but it looks like it was quickly corrected.

Wired reported on hacks of the EAS back in 2013:
www.wired.com...

Hell, the other day in Dallas the emergency siren system was hacked turning all the sirens on at 10 o'clock at night.

This is not to say more nefarious groups can't be responsible for this type of hack just I would think they would be able to control the system for more than a few seconds like is described in the facebook post.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bphi1908
It sounds like, if he is being honest, that this was a hack. Hacks into the EAS have been done before. It can be unnerving to see a message like that crawling across your tv but it looks like it was quickly corrected.

Wired reported on hacks of the EAS back in 2013:
www.wired.com...

Hell, the other day in Dallas the emergency siren system was hacked turning all the sirens on at 10 o'clock at night.

This is not to say more nefarious groups can't be responsible for this type of hack just I would think they would be able to control the system for more than a few seconds like is described in the facebook post.

I forgot about the sirens being hacked recently. I wonder if it could be someone testing our emergency systems? If this happens a couple more times this may be something to watch..

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
it was a message for you
nobody else
just you

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: alsee
it was a message for you
nobody else
just you

Someone should tell the people that are sending it I don't have a TV

Email works better

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I was watching TV last night at 2AM here in Michigan and the test alert went off, it startled me at first and then I saw it was just a test.
No voices though.
Funny thing is, it went off a second time 10 minutes later.
edit on 12-4-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Most likely referring to a game

The Inner Circle was composed of the most powerful members of the Brotherhood of Nod, second to Kane in authority.

cnc.wikia.com...

or a recent reference to trump

Among this group, there has developed a sort of inner circle to Trump's inner circle, people whose jobs allow them to be outside the traditional political and policy chains of command. What unites them is their unfettered access, disdain for the
conventional way of doing things, and a fierce, almost filial, devotion to the boss.

time.com...

The Inner Circle (1991)

Showing one plot summary
The true story of Ivan Sanchin, the KGB officer who was Stalin's private film projectionist from 1939 until the dictator's death. Told from Sanchin's view, the sympathetic but tragically flawed hero maintains unwavering faith in his "Master" despite the arrest of his neighbors and his involvement with their daughter, his wife's affair with the chilling State Security chief Lavrentii Beria and her tragic decline, and the deadly political machinations within the Kremlin he witnesses firsthand.
- Written by Martin H. Booda

www.imdb.com...

The Inner Circle (2009)

Set in New England, five teenage girls living in a boarding school, discover a secretive practice. It is unexpectedly performed by a group of older nuns, and it affects the girls' belief system.

www.imdb.com...

Hitler’s Inner Circle: The 10 Most Powerful Men in Nazi Germany
www.warhistoryonline.com...

THE INNER CIRCLE

A vital part of the San Francisco harbor defenses, this network of concrete stairs, tunnels, and pillboxes was codenamed the "Inner Circle."
THE VIEW FROM POINT BONITA
The Inner Circle was located on the rocky heights above the Point Bonita lighthouse. From here, the minefields at the entrance of the Golden Gate were monitored 24-hours a day.

www.angelfire.com...

Nice theory but read the exact words he posted above. NOPE. incorrect on your idea.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
The inner circle is truly a commanding presence. is most likely what was going to be said.

Or it said The Inner Circle Is Truly In Command.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join