It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Exists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is a short piece of literature that was sent to my email and I figured that everyone here should read it to.

After Sept. 11th, one company invited the remaining members of other
companies who had been decimated by the attack on the Twin Towers to share
their available office space.

At a morning meeting, the head of security told stories of why these people
were alive... and all the stories were just:

the 'L I T T L E' things.

As you might know, the head of the company survived
that day because his son started kindergarten.

Another fellow was alive because it was
his turn to bring donuts.

One woman was late because her
alarm clock didn't go off in time.

One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike
because of an auto accident.

One of them
missed his bus.

One spilled food on her clothes and had to take
time to change.

One's
car wouldn't start.

One went back to
answer the telephone.

One had a
child that dawdled

and didn't get ready as soon as he should have.

One couldn't
get a taxi.

The one that struck me was the man

who put on a new pair of shoes that morning,

took the various means to get to work

but before he got there, he developed

a blister on his foot.

He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid.
That is why he is alive today.

Now when I am

stuck in traffic,

miss an elevator,

turn back to answer a ringing telephone...

all the little things that annoy me.

I think to myself,

this is exactly where
God wants me to be

at this very moment..

Next time your morning seems to be

going wrong,
the children are slow getting dressed,

you can't seem to find the car keys,

you hit every traffic light,

don't get mad or frustrated;

God is at work watching over you.

May God continue to bless you

with all those annoying little things

and may you remember their possible purpose.

Pass this on to someone else, if you'd like.
There is NO LUCK attached.
If you delete this, it's okay:

God's Love Is Not Dependent On

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
awww that's a sweet post!! good one.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think the 3000+ that DID die, don't agree with that email ...

Apart from the bulkload of people that got warned not to go in that day, there are some lucky sods that were late for work or had other things going on.

But hey, remember what buildings we're talking about, its a building that can house 10's of thousands of people, chances are good there are a couple that are late for work, mis work, skip work, have other things to do, are sick or had other things that made them elsewhere at the time of the disaster.

If the survival of those few is to thank to god, then what on earth did those 3000 that died do wrong?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
If the survival of those few is to thank to god, then what on earth did those 3000 that died do wrong?

They were too punctual?
All hail coincidence!!

If not for that tragedy as many people would have been given warning slips for being late instead.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Several things.
1. Yes, it is a blessing when the little things save you from the cruel reality of life.
2. Who said that all those dead wern't greatful to be there? Most Firemen wern't there to do JUST a job. It was something they beleived in, and some of them were God-fearing. How many people died with a calm look of assurance of God taking care of them, whether they lived or died, with a prayer on their lips? If there is a God and he wants your worship, he got quite a few worshipers because of that day.....it's like assuming knowing all of God's motivation, lol...
3. Think about this, everyone gets an email about not going to work, for either the true reasons or for others, how many would NOT go? How many would think it spam and never read it? What would security do? We got the warning when the Twin Towers were BOMBED by TERRORISTS when I was a kid. People STILL WORKED THERE AFTERWARDS. You work somewhere that's a target of terrorists, you shouldn't be suprised when it's targeted by terrorists, yet again. Your death's on your own head, as much as I widh it wasn't. A few years before the Titanic sank, there was a book about a giant ship called the Titan. It held the same general size, same dimensions, approximately the same ammount of passengers, and basically the same death. Also, some paper put in print that not even God could sink this ship. That is enough for me right there, I wouldn't have gone. What do you kneed, an Angel? We put people on medication for listening to angels, lol... We get warnings, rather clear ones all the time. We don't follow them because we think that they are not rational or are not the warnings we seek on a daily basis. Death Imminent could be spelled in the clouds and we'd assume we are seeing things...
4. The peopel that were saved wern't particularly right with God either. Maybe those that were saved from it are needed for toher things, if they try. Who knows? I'd have to follow around and watch their lives unfold.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
....And after my emotional high from reading that is gone..logic rears its ugly head in my face, as always.

1. The existence of a personal God is unlikely.
2. Out of the thousands that worked at the trade centers, it is naturally probable that some of them wouldnt make it to work on time.
3. Being the emotional, pattern-seeking creatures that we are, it is obvious that we would want to find meaning in personal events in our lifes, where no apparent objective meaning exists.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
it is more than highly unlikely that there would be a personal god!it would be like a miracle! i mean he would like have to sympathise with our crappy sittuation right? he would like have to know how it feels to be lonely right? to be forgotton? to be hated? to be hurt? to be killed ? and made fun of? ooh man i cant even emagine this ever happening, good thing i dont have to!!! god came up with it himself! he would come as a man to take away the sting of death for us, he would forgive those who asked, he would let himself be killed for their sake! he would sympathise , he would feel, he would be flesh and would pay with blood, we have a personal god and his name is jesus! god works in everyones life everyday and when its your time to go you will go!!!! and when its your time to stay there is nothing you can do to fight it! look at the people who attempt suicide like 10 times! you are here for reasons, you are here with decisions to make, you are here for a time and when that hour is up then so shall you be!!!!! there are no coincidences! only choices!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I totally agree with thematrix.
Its just a matter of probability.
Whenever there's a tragedy( large or small) there's always a percentage of people that escape because of whatever personal reasons.
It wouldve been a miracle if EVERYONE wouldve died on such a large scale. Every single person who worked there.
Every tragedy leaves survivors.

top topics

join