It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try telling everyone that YOU got hit by a deer on April Fools Day...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I felt this thread was more appropriate for this forum rather than the, "jokes, puns, pranks" forum.
I came across this today and lol'd! Just something on the lighter side. You can laugh assured knowing that the "victim" is physically ok, dispite a few bumps and bruises.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Deer love some Canadian back strap!! That guy is lucky he wasn't in season or that doe would have had his head mounted on the wall and his ass in a crock pot!!
edit on 12-4-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I've had some near misses but never got knocked over by a deer. You have to watch the young bucks, they can get kind of frisky and charge you.

Great video, someone actually got a video of it happening. S&F

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I've had some near misses but never got knocked over by a deer. You have to watch the young bucks, they can get kind of frisky and charge you.

Bucks in rut are down right violent.....I have had to scare a buck off before so I could get out of my climber. Turns out that doe gland sauce during rut is not a good idea if you have no plans on shooting him.....

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks! I see youre a yooper, so youre no stranger to some of the shenanigans of the Whitetails around here. I thought it was pretty odd because the setting looks rather urban. But then again, ive seen Whitetails go into panic mode when they get lost in an urban setting.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: rickymouse

Bucks in rut are down right violent.....I have had to scare a buck off before so I could get out of my climber. Turns out that doe gland sauce during rut is not a good idea if you have no plans on shooting him.....

I don't use any of those scents, it is like hanging a target on your back. You better not be putting that stuff around if you are not alert. I have gotten my share of deer, I usually won't shoot anything less than four points, and only if it is a big four pointer. If I am going to have to clean and cut it all up, I better get at least a hundred twenty pounds of meat from it. Shooting bambi...you are really lucky if you get fifty pounds out of them. Deer taste best if they are about four to seven years old to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real

Thanks! I see youre a yooper, so youre no stranger to some of the shenanigans of the Whitetails around here. I thought it was pretty odd because the setting looks rather urban. But then again, ive seen Whitetails go into panic mode when they get lost in an urban setting.

Deer walk around in town here. We had Turkeys living in the city of Negaunee last summer and fall, they got relocated because a couple of people were worried they would cause accidents. Actually though, people were paying more attention and less accidents were occurring because everyone slowed down.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I generally don't use any scent, either for baiting or masking my own smell. I was a younger man in those days and bought into the whole "smell" movement at the time. I can tell you I have been hunting/guiding for decades and that smell thing is just marketing used to sell products. As long as you hunt smart and play the wind you will be OK. Any strange smell will make the big bucks spook. They didn't get that way from being stupid. I find it best to rub local sap or pine all over your clothes before hunting and leave all hunting clothes outside and don't wear them for anything but hunting....Those little things will be more help then a $300.00 scent lock outfit.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Actually, the poor guy gets hit, because a dog is chasing that deer.

Had to be one heck of a WTH moment.

Hubby hit one, one time on his golf cart. Yeah, I didn't believe him either, until I saw the hair on the front. Hubby got a few broken ribs out of the deal. Deer, apparently nothing.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Like a human caught staring into the antlers.

That'll learn him!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Thats great to get the cause! Thanks! The article I read about this didnt mention a dog either. It makes more sense now that we know the deer was running scared!
Apparently, this was a young deer, and didnt realize the damage an angry doe can do to a dog...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Lmao!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I'd believe it. Been hit myself, have hit them also.

Just the other night driving home a group of 4 of them were standing on the side of the road. Lot's of White Tailed deer here where I live.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

There are tons of great videos online of attacks and encounters while bucks are in rut or does protecting fawns.. It's quite entertaining....to watch.

Being an avid hunter all my life I have had some not so fun close calls myself. While I carry a firearm all the time even while bow hunting, sometimes the caliber isn't enough to stop the animal on top of not just wanting to kill for no reason. I have had some of the craziest close experiences while bow hunting Elk....A deer is nothing compared to a angry bull Elk crashing through Aspen timber...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

There are tons of great videos online of attacks and encounters while bucks are in rut or does protecting fawns.. It's quite entertaining....to watch.

Being an avid hunter all my life I have had some not so fun close calls myself. While I carry a firearm all the time even while bow hunting, sometimes the caliber isn't enough to stop the animal on top of not just wanting to kill for no reason. I have had some of the craziest close experiences while bow hunting Elk....A deer is nothing compared to a angry bull Elk crashing through Aspen timber...

Elk are mean...worst animal I EVER crossed paths with was a Moose....

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Elk are mean...worst animal I EVER crossed paths with was a Moose....

I haven't really hunted that far North so I haven't had the pleasure....I have heard they can be a handful and I would be carrying a bigger caliber for a Moose hunt that's for sure.

I did get to go on an exotics hunt for Cape Buffalo in SW Texas about ten years ago....It was high fence preserve but that animal is a beast...I would hate to run into one protecting young or in rut.
edit on 12-4-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I had a doe come pretty much half way through the windshield when I was living in Sask. We weren't hurt but the deer was toast..car written off.
They mostly travelled along the iced up river but occasionally climb up the bank and cross the road.
There are lots of them.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

My little brother got ran over by the mailman on April fool's day once.

No one believed me either.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I used to think deer were adorable.

They still are cute, but I now call em overgrown rats.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
As long as the deer didn't say, "Don't get weird." as he ran over him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join