It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan becomes first country in Asia to ban eating of cat and dog meat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I'm all for eating meat I just don't think animals should suffer until they become dinner.

Yeah, it makes no sense, really. The more stressed the animal is prior to death, the more lactic acid builds in the meat, making the meat stringy and speeding up decomposition. Good meat needs to be properly handled, bled out, allowed to hang for a time, the entire process needs to be performed with an eye towards the final quality of the meat. Even a yearling elk will produce poor quality meat if it's been gut shot, improperly bled, or otherwise mishandled.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

what the hell is a backstrap?
i looked it up and i saw something that said its like a super awesome cut...

you made it sound bad so i must have looked at the wrong thing

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's the run of meat along the outside of the spine of an animal. Even birds have them. They are the choicest portion of any animal and, if they turn out tough, stringy, or tasteless you can bet the whole critter is garbage and not worth much beyond using as a filler meat for sausage or as trap bait.

There is an old saying which isn't exactly true, but is still somewhat accurate: the only animal that will eat a dead coyote is another coyote. They live on the edge of feast or famine, eat things that are beyond rotten, and are usually lousy with parasites so the only real value in them is in bounties and pelts (depending on the condition of the fur.)

I take it you've never hunted or butchered before?
edit on 12-4-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
People here needs to watch Cowspiracy and Earthlings asap, maybe after that compassion growns a little.This planet will have a future if we respect every life form including ourselves. But i'm happy zeitgeist is coming little by little in those parts of the world.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No man. I'm a city boy. Never even been camping. I can't butcher anything. When it comes to survival I will be one of the first to be coyote meat

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

What a ridiculous law preventing the consumption of dogs and cats. Why the # do they think their lives are more important than a lamb, pig, or cow etc?

I absolutely agree with animal welfare issues, swift stress free killing and all the rest of it, but banning the consumption of animals which are not in danger of extinction?
Ridiculous.
...I've eaten dog, was tasty enough, haven't knowingly eaten cat but wouldn't have any problem if it was killed quickly and treated humanely before slaughter.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I was rabbit hunting last month and someone had poached a 10 point buck. They cut the back straps off and left the rest of the animal. It was a fresh kill I just missed them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join