It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan becomes first country in Asia to ban eating of cat and dog meat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Good for them, for at least trying to change.

I just wish we had stiffer penalties here in the US against animal abuse.

I can't speak for for cats but dogs exchange chemical signals with humans as readily with their own species. This either caused or is the result of our relationship. A relationship that allowed us to excel beyond our competitors thanks to the force multiplier of the added senses. So even if you aren't worried about the similarity in chemical function (see prion diseases associated with consuming animals of similar biology), one could argue that we would be sorry teammates for eating them.

It is also worth noting that a lot of people around the world in between omnivorous (carnivorous reflects biology, not preference) and the hardcore veganism of the Janes, consider eating mammals a bad idea given the association of eating nervous tissue (which is also in muscles) and the link to mental and movement disorders.

My two cents as a former copious eater of flesh prior to my movement disorder.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It may also be worth noting that the movement may be less about animal rights and more about getting tourists to look passed the "yokels still eating pets."

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't think I have ever eaten domesticated dog or cat meat. I have eaten lion and coyote though. I suppose eating coyote is almost the same as eating dog. The coyote is best cooked really well and made into bbq pulled meat to make sandwiches out of.

The lion I ate one day at a dinner from an predominant organization I used to belong to. it wasn't worth the eighty bucks a pound they paid for it. I liked the rattlesnake better than the lion. We got about two ounces of the lion each, it reminded me of pork roast or something like that. I guess it is hard to get.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
In all of my years of hunting and skinning, I have never once heard an endorsement for coyote meat with any kind of sauce! I always heard it tastes spoiled no matter what, so most just use the meat to bait traps if you do that sort of thing.

As for the lion, you are mostly paying for the costs of shipping it effectively. The heat of their habitat makes it costly to race the clock when it comes to meet. That is why most just peel the hide for later tanning and selling to Yuppies around the globe.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollslayer
In all of my years of hunting and skinning, I have never once heard an endorsement for coyote meat with any kind of sauce! I always heard it tastes spoiled no matter what, so most just use the meat to bait traps if you do that sort of thing.

As for the lion, you are mostly paying for the costs of shipping it effectively. The heat of their habitat makes it costly to race the clock when it comes to meet. That is why most just peel the hide for later tanning and selling to Yuppies around the globe.

They usually have the bbq coyote at the wild game feed at the local gun club here in the winter. I usually take the daughter and grand daughter and their BFs. They have some good cooks there. Coyote can have a parasite and you have to make sure to cook it really well or it can cause problems in humans. I guess any carnivore can get this parasite. It can actually effect a person's thinking if they get infected with this, and the chemicals the parasite make can also cause problems. Cooking well is supposed to detox the chemical along with killing the parasite. It is something like an amoeba or something.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

The price of dog and cat meat just went up!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What to say.

Different cultures.

In the west cat's and dogs are man and womans best friends. Where owners sometimes eat their food.

In the Far East cats and dogs are man and womans best dinner.

Sick IMO.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
If I get hungry enough I will eat everyone who has posted here so far.....Just saying.

Oh by the way if I go first you have my full permission to eat me as well....Enjoy!!

Best post ever.
Save some for me.
And I would eat dog or cat. Why not?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
What to say.

Different cultures.

In the west cat's and dogs are man and womans best friends. Where owners sometimes eat their food.

In the Far East cats and dogs are man and womans best dinner.

Sick IMO.

Part of this revolves around the terms 'domesticated' and 'pets'. I don't eat mine or other's pets.

Also, part of the law affects people dragging or running their animals along while on their scooters, which is dangerous and abusive. I won't even show or link to pics. It is a common practice and needs to stop.

edit on 12-4-2017 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If I get hungry enough I will eat everyone who has posted here so far.....Just saying.

Oh by the way if I go first you have my full permission to eat me as well....Enjoy!!

I usually only eat vegetarian animals, unless I cook the hell out of them. So unless you smell like a vegetarian, someone else can chew the meat off your bones.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

With all the posters in here there should be enough to go around.....lmao

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I usually only eat vegetarian animals, unless I cook the hell out of them. So unless you smell like a vegetarian, someone else can chew the meat off your bones.

Fruit smoothie each morning loaded with Kale....I better keep my eye on y

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sounds like the Burger Pony in Taipei is safe. For now.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I read an article several years ago about the torturous process in killing of these animals for food and it broke my heart.

Have you looked at the lives of the animals slaughtered in the us for flesh?
There is not one animal that will not be loving and give their affection the same as dogs and cats if given the chance.
They think we are friends while we bring them hay and they come running to us and then we slaughter them.

Cows have best friends and become stressed when they get seperated look into their lives.
I have watched cows scream all day and night for their babies that have been taken away.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Richsac89

No, I actually have friends from over there....you need to travel a bit around the world you know...
and if you're ever in India, DO NOT TELL people there you eat cows.... they'll probably kill you.
edit on 12-4-2017 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

You can make a documentary about any animal and make it look nice in an attempt to sway people to become vegans....

I however am already a member of PETA....

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals....

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm all for eating meat I just don't think animals should suffer until they become dinner. I've seen some awful stuff that goes on in slaughter houses and stuff.

I hunt and I fish and I make sure the game I take suffers as little as possible.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

a reply to: SeaWorthy

You can make a documentary about any animal and make it look nice in an attempt to sway people to become vegans....

I however am already a member of PETA....

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals....

What are you saying animals are not nice all but dogs and cats

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Mountain lion's not bad, not a fan of coyote, though. We shot them for the bounty and the furs when I was a kid... tried cooking a backstrap once, wouldn't make that mistake again unless I was in a true bind. Rattlesnake was a staple growing up, most versatile meat I've yet run into.

I really don't care what Taiwan does, but if I lived there, I reckon I'd not be very happy about this law. Seems like folks ought to be able to raise and eat whatever animals they wish, of course aside from other people.

For whatever it's worth, I've eaten burritos made from dog meat. A fact I found out later, when the dude that had the roach coach with the best burritos in town was busted for serving dog meat. He claimed he was only serving it to his migrant worker clientele that lined up outside his brick and mortar restaurant in the wee hours of the morning every day, but I'm fairly sure the "this meat has a different texture, hmm" chile verde burritos we loved buying in high school from his wagon weren't beef or pork. At the time I figured it was horse meat, which *shrugs* whatever... I'm not picky as long as it's cooked and tastes alright. But the local news was pretty adamant that he was serving us all dog. Again, not real sure why that disturbed people other than it being a prime example of false advertising.

edit on 12-4-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
a reply to: Richsac89

No, I actually have friends from over there....you need to travel a bit around the world you know...
and if you're ever in India, DO NOT TELL people there you eat cows.... they'll probably kill you.

Big Fat Fibber. Beef is eaten there. Just dont invite the Hindus to a BBQ.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join