It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New U.S. law - You can not stare at me or speak to me in public.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I'd back you up in this.

Other people's ingenuity in making themselves a pain in the derriere knows no bounds. No matter how much I toned down my 'look' I was always fair game for gawkers and passive aggressive comment makers. Especially during tourist season. A whole city full of delights for the eye and who got all the attention?

Well, me. *

Please do a crowd funding thing so that we can speed up the production of a cloak of invisibility. Better yet, a teleportation device.

* (Perhaps you could have a word with the other fellows where you are. German tourists were always the worst. They'd somehow combine staring unpleasantly with not acknowledging that I was there. I've lost count of the number of times I was jostled by them. My housemate nearly got mown down by a couple of dozen of them when he was trying to play fetch with the dog).

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Now that the SJW and snowflakes have spoken.....anyone else?

Yes. Any law that results in mass arrests is antithetical to the Founders' vision. Just saying.

Yet there were mass arrest during those riots before and after President Trump was elected.

So are you saying those mass arrest were unconstitutional?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

a reply to: lordcomac

Lets see... well if I MUST judge you as you have asked me to then I would say.....since you call yourself a LORD of some sort I would say you love yourself probably more than others..... so I am guessing you are a jerk.

Oh, yes- I like myself more than I like you.
For sure.

Then again, id wager a week's pay that most people like me more than they like anyone who wants to lock up people for looking at them.

I suppose you would think I'm a jerk, though. I mean, I did read and reply to your thread on a public forum, which is basically the same as talking to you in public without consent.

Call the cops, lock me up. Probably a five year minimum, right?

You didn't really think this through much, now did you?
edit on 12-4-2017 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Are you that guy from Blue Velvet?

How's anyone supposed to find dates and potentially have children with this kind of law?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Wait until you read my next thread:

Multiculturalism does not work and the solution.

You think I am hated now .....wait.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

a reply to: lordcomac

Lets see... well if I MUST judge you as you have asked me to then I would say.....since you call yourself a LORD of some sort I would say you love yourself probably more than others..... so I am guessing you are a jerk.

Oh, yes- I like myself more than I like you.
For sure.

Then again, id wager a week's pay that most people like me more than they like anyone who wants to lock up people for looking at them.

I suppose you would think I'm a jerk, though. I mean, I did read and reply to your thread on a public forum, which is basically the same as talking to you in public without consent.

Call the cops, lock me up. Probably a five year minimum, right?

You didn't really think this through much, now did you?

Actually you are a troll and a jerk since you know the law has not passed but yet you ask that I call the "cops"

A troll for sure.....

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap
Are you that guy from Blue Velvet?

How's anyone supposed to find dates and potentially have children with this kind of law?

Not sure what you mean by "Blue Velvet"?

Dating? Most people do not know how to date..... look at the divorce rate. If people knew how to properly date why is two out of three marriages end in divorce? The date comes before the proposal.

Having children.....ohhhhh don't get me going on this one. Another time.... another thread.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
I'd back you up in this.

Other people's ingenuity in making themselves a pain in the derriere knows no bounds. No matter how much I toned down my 'look' I was always fair game for gawkers and passive aggressive comment makers. Especially during tourist season. A whole city full of delights for the eye and who got all the attention?

Well, me. *

Please do a crowd funding thing so that we can speed up the production of a cloak of invisibility. Better yet, a teleportation device.

* (Perhaps you could have a word with the other fellows where you are. German tourists were always the worst. They'd somehow combine staring unpleasantly with not acknowledging that I was there. I've lost count of the number of times I was jostled by them. My housemate nearly got mown down by a couple of dozen of them when he was trying to play fetch with the dog).

I am an American living in Germany so making any statements concerning Germans even though it is true and I will be called a racist.

We live in a sick world and ATS is helping in exposing it.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Lol! Don't you #ing look at me!!!

Having children? I guess that will be against the law when you make the rules for us all to live by. I think we are watching the evolution of insanity when i read your 10 threads a day on here. No time for children or relationships when you spend so much time authoring the craziet # i've ever read in my life. I don't know how, but you continually amaze me with your rhetoric.

Hoozah!! The king of trolls!!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
If you are a misanthrope, perhaps you might consider living where there aren't people to offend you? Alone? Off the grid? Do business remotely via a private web connection?

It's the surest way not to be offended by others. That or start your own cult where you are the leader and can control what everyone else thinks and how they act??

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

We live in a sick world and ATS is helping in exposing it.

hmmm...I would add to that...inadvertently

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

It's the surest way not to be offended by others.

I might have misunderstood this thread...but I doubt the OP is complaining about him being offended.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This sort of law is actually a very old sort of thing. Policies like this used to be common. When I say "used to be common" I mean centuries/millennia ago.

The catch? It was for royals/aristocracy only. In pre-western Hawaii it was punishable by death for commoners to look the royalty in the eye.

So as policies go, it's what used to be called 'primitive.' The reality was that it was part of a toolkit of practical ways for small numbers of elites to enforce social terror on the majority of commoners to maintain control over them despite them having no rights etc, and so in a way pretty smart actually. But what was right about calling it primitive was that it was part of what stifled the future development of the society as a whole and kept them all living in the stone age.

Freedom of speech and association was a successful development in large part because it was an amazingly successful policy in terms of increasing the general prosperity and development of society.

In this era of propaganda, we can still say what we choose to, but the free market of ideas and free association are both fatally sabotaged by organized efforts to divide us by controlling what we think and setting us against each other. If it wins out, we're all headed back to the tribal village again where sh**head elites are happy enough to rule a stagnant, miserable society where, elite or common, human potential remains untapped and lives are utterly wasted.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

And the law will never pass, because it's insane. And you think I'm the troll, here

Sounds like you need to go spend a few weeks somewhere that has more trees than people, the fresh air might do you some good.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Aliensun

I gave you that star because I have seen that EXACT statement many times when walking through NOGO zones in Germany and at a cafe, bus stop, even a taxi driver.

You know that quote comes from the movie The Taxi Driver?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: AboveBoard

It's the surest way not to be offended by others.

I might have misunderstood this thread...but I doubt the OP is complaining about him being offended.

You are right and you have not misunderstood.

I am not offended.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 11andrew34

BUT what IF that "primitive" law had apply to everyone and NOT only to royals? What would that society have turned out to be?

Much better than what we have today....

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

a reply to: Aliensun

I gave you that star because I have seen that EXACT statement many times when walking through NOGO zones in Germany and at a cafe, bus stop, even a taxi driver.

You know that quote comes from the movie The Taxi Driver?

I did not know that.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
No one wants to speaak to you or look at you anyway, dumbarse

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
If you are a misanthrope, perhaps you might consider living where there aren't people to offend you? Alone? Off the grid? Do business remotely via a private web connection?

It's the surest way not to be offended by others. That or start your own cult where you are the leader and can control what everyone else thinks and how they act??

I am looking for solutions for the general population....not for me.

I am fine where I am at...... I don't see this sick crap except on TV.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join