It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Echo sounding sound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Win 7 Home Edition, Xonar Essence STX Audio Centre which I have uninstalled and then resinstalled. The computer has built in hi def. Everything is played through a Denon AV Sourround Sound Recevier - AVR 905 which I've had for tyears. No cables have been unplugged and repluged.

Every time I play something lie audio and video of any kind its got a echo sounding noise that over rides everything. All was ok up until last night when I went to listen to an online podcast.

All my settings in the Xonar sound card and Receiver are at factory default when I first tried to troubleshoot the problem. I have now changed every conceivable setting including in every combinations I can think of in an attempt to get this going.

I have always managed to fix my audio problems eventually but this has got me stuffed.

BTW, does anyone know if the MISSING 411 - THE MOVIE has got any sound in it at all?

thanks for all help.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Wouldn't be from a microphone?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Wouldn't be from a microphone?

Well yes I think so; as there is a built in microphone in the computer. The Sound card has a microphone. I dunno if they are both the same microphone though? How would I be able to tell?

thanks

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Post removed because of ignorance and lack of acknowledgement by OP.

Not sure what you meant there but it what you meant is what I think you meant then my apologies but I cannot be on the computer all the time and I do not have anything on my computer that tells me someone has replied to one of my posts.

thanks for your effort and time anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

its got a echo sounding noise that over rides everything

Targeted Individual of a sound frequency operation ???

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

step one - turn off the denon unit and get a set of earphones or external speakers - and plug them direct into the 3.5mm output from the computer - and listen to an auidio file - does echo still persist ?

if so - no idea - if not

step two :

pair another computer to the denon - and play a audio file - if ech still there - its the denon thats faulty - warranty , repair or bin ?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Turn off the input.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Sounds like your comptr. mic is on

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Windows audio control sound effects ?
Turn em off
Sound Devices
Locate the one used in the chart
Properties
Enhancements
All should be blank (no check marks)
Try that

Also check the devices audio mixer in Windows

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

step one - turn off the denon unit and get a set of earphones or external speakers - and plug them direct into the 3.5mm output from the computer - and listen to an auidio file - does echo still persist ?

if so - no idea - if not

step two :

pair another computer to the denon - and play a audio file - if ech still there - its the denon thats faulty - warranty , repair or bin ?

Then Denon, bin it? goodnes gracious me,do you how much that cost

What i did was reinstall the Xonar Essence STX Audio Centre software from the CD and that seemed to fix it a fair bit. I had been reinstalling the driver from the stored software in a holding folder.

Good idea to pair with with another puter though but I havent got one but I will keep that in mind, thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Sounds like your comptr. mic is on

I was wondering that, How do i turn it off? where is it located?

thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx
Turn off the input.

A little more info would be great thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill

its got a echo sounding noise that over rides everything

Targeted Individual of a sound frequency operation ???

Targeted Individual of a sound frequency operation ??? Certainly is on Friday and Saturdy nights with a bit ole Credence CR.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Hey AZB... Lower right task bar most likely... Prob rt click it open for settings, headphones, speakers etc... The echo-reverb can happen mix picked up sound from speakers and feeding them back into the computer.

In guitar amps for example... Feedback is also created when the guitars pickups act as a mic and pickup the speakers in a loop...

Lower volume devices can loop as well, although it loops back and the delay creates your "echo"...

Windows go to either Audio settings or rt click task bar speaker icon and choose setting... Good luck... MS

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Hi people. thanks to all ontributors for feedback.

i have fixed this problem. I reinstalled the Xonar card by re installing the drivers from the CD and not from the stored files in a dedicated folder.

I left it over night and its right now. Not sure what fixed it got there.

thanks

top topics

join