It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A laundromat encounter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
My very old washing machine made big noises when I tried to wash a cetain heavy item so I decided to go to a laundromat for the first time in many years. It was a towel like sheet that covered my couch for a few years that was there to prevent my beloved now gone cat Squeeky from poking tiny holes in the couch's fabric when she groomed.

There was an old woman there doing her laundry who limped about. I started talking to her and found out she was in my province because her 60 year old son had died of cancer and she was there with another son to settle the will. She told me her husband had died of cancer 2 years ago, and she was living in a seniors home subsidized by the government.

I told her I wished my province could provide me with the same assistance since I am also a low income senior though I am not as old as her 80 years.

So I was about to leave, when she limped over to me, and handed me a typed out strip of paper with her name and address. She said, if you ever need help, here's where you can reach me.

I thought, how sweet of her.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56
That is sweet. You should go see her one day just to see how she is doing, assuming it is not too far to of the way. She would probably love the company. Who knows, both of you could end up having a new friend. Thats the beautiful thing of when we get back out into the world and meet new people, new experiences could also follow.

I was sorry to hear you finally put squeaky down last month. It would be something if you visited this nice lady and found out she may also have a cat that could be similar. Not every encounter is a chance encounter. It is possible there is a purpose here, or just another step towards something positive.

Who knows, maybe she has kittens that can pick up squeaky's legacy on your throw

Here is to a possible new friend!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

But, seems everyone she knows is dying of cancer...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

But, seems everyone she knows is dying of cancer...

Trust me, when you are 80 years old, most of the people you have known are dead...of something or another.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I assume when you said you live in the province that you live in Canada. Now I would also assume that Canada and the USA is the same as the UK in as much as the governments like to keep all claims procedure secret or as difficult to find as if everyone who could claim (many,many don't either through pride or ignorance) did claim the system would be near collapse.
They like to brag from time to time that there is so many millions unclaimed but you try to claim it and they then put all obstacles in your path.
Having had a couple of relatives and friends who worked in the system I could tell you a few downright lies they tell just to put you off claiming.
That said it might be this woman has better information on how you can claim certain things.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I agree, very sweet of her.
Sort of a 'pay it forward' type of incident?

I told her I wished my province could provide me with the same assistance since I am also a low income senior though I am not as old as her 80 years.

I hope that you find some assistance and maybe you could begin with a correspondence type of friendship that could lead to her sharing details or shortcuts that she may have been able to find in her province that my work in yours.
Good luck!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This is ironic for me, as I met a few weeks ago, a guy named Gary. He got into a Trump debate with a couple of regulars, and I had to come to his defense. The two Hillary supporters were starting to get all heated and it was just ridiculous.

Anyways, Gary and I got to talking, and he has cancer, possibly brain cancer too. Even knowing this, I thought, wow I really like this guy. He's intelligent, thoughtful, and alone. I would take anytime I could to have gotten to know him better for the great conversation alone.

Sadly, I haven't seen Gary in weeks. I hope he is ok!

My advice: It never hurts to have true friends, sometimes it can make a world of difference, even if only for a little while 😀

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

My best friend across the street has cancer, the same variety his brother succumbed to. His girlfriend passed last year, a year before that her ex husband died, then right after that, her son. Her sister languished in a hospital for months with tubes, finally passing just this year. Now my friends dad (who's 98) is having difficulty down south. I am house sitting and feeding his cat for him while he's away visiting.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear that Intrptr.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

I'm sorry to hear that Intrptr.

Its okay, really. As you grow older this happens to everyone you know. Death is part of life. Loss is part of love.

top topics

join