It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mattis Press Conference 4-11-17

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

Syria and Russia doesn't allow anybody to enter the country to either help the victims of the attack or to investigate the gas attack.

That to me said it all.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It sounds to me he wasnt referring to the intelligence regarding syrias decision to use chemical weapons on its own citizens. But that hes referring to the battle damage assesment intelligence after the bombing.

He estimates 20 percent damage to the syrian airforce. But he was trying to explain that they are still analyzing how much damage the strikes did to the syrian airforce. Things like aircraft readyness etc. If they blew up 20 percent of syrias fighter bombers and jets how does that effect their combat readyness to launch jets and fightets in general. Theyre trying to ascertain whether this bombing grounds their entire airforce or if the bombing left syria with 3 to 5 jets elsewhere they can still potentially launch etc. What the syrian airforces readyness is after the strike. Thats what they are still analyzing.

He wasnt backtracking on the initial intelligence that lead to the decision to bomb syria..
edit on 12-4-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
They know that most of us don't really buy their stories with holes in them, they just don't care. And hope that all the water that the story doesn't hold drowns the ones that don't buy it.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

We'll only know who's telling porkies (lying?? or what do you mean by porkies?)--until a full investigation has happened? There hasn't been a full investigation. Seems people these days want things done in real life in the same amount of time it takes their 1 hour murder mystery on TV to be solved. There wasn't time to fully investigate, so if the ball was in the Russians/Syrians hand, they weren't given time before USA jumped to conclusions and bombed without a full investigation. These things take time.

Yes sorry, porkies = Lies

You can't fully investigate before every event, sometimes you need to strike whilst the iron is hot which means they would need enough credible evidence to support their actions for which they are quite confident they have, just because me, you and everyone else hasn't seen that evidence you can't just claim it doesn't exist.

But what i would be saying is fine, make sure you provide that evidence when a full investigation into the entire scenario starts otherwise on their head be it.

But I'm confident enough that they made the right decision because of
1.The Syrian Government decided to bomb the same location where the Chemical attacks happened the very next day.
2.The strikes were fully supported by several big countries which now includes china.
3.After today Putin will not co-operate and allow a full investigation.
4.The UK has today found evidence of a chemical very much like Sarin that was used and has also pointed the finger at the Syrian Gov.

So to me it's the Russians and Syrian Gov that are lying through their back teeth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join