It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X27 the Mother of all Night Vision

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I came across this piece of technology that I thought was amazing. Although there is no mention of price, this baby will cost a fortune.

The X27 is reviewed amongst all the top of the line night vision technology, but as always ATS you decide and provide feedback on your findings. It has an amazing 5,000,000 ISO which makes finding UFO easier.

The Mother of all Night Vision Technology

I wonder when this will be available to the public, that's if the military allows it.
edit on 11-4-2017 by TheEnlightenedOne because: My two cents

edit on 11-4-2017 by TheEnlightenedOne because: More content

edit on 11-4-2017 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheEnlightenedOne

Jeebus!!

That looks like noon!!!

Crazy cool!!

So much for the cover of darkness!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I know, it's not until they pan to the stars that you know is night. Pretty cool indeed.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I can't seem to find a price on this anywhere. That probably means I can't afford to buy it. Bummer.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I can't seem to find a price on this anywhere. That probably means I can't afford to buy it. Bummer.

Fill it out Chief and let us know what they quote you...

www.x20.org...

BTW - check the disclaimer at the bottom....need to roll with the Big Boys to purchase this. Then again, give it about 8-10 years, it'll be on Craigslist.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Is it graphene based??

That would explain a lot. Only available to the big boys because its cutting edge.

Still cool as all get out!!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Some here may be interested in the Sony A7s. It has some pretty impressive low light performance... vimeo.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Only available to the big boys because its cutting edge.

They've® been working on color night vision for years. I've seen some of the prototypes, it makes all the difference in the world. That, plus the really good ones don't wash away your sense of depth, I would expect the smaller ones will be used for helo pilots.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It's about $70K with accessories if the info on previous threads is correct....

Think long and hard before even spending the money on the Sony A7s......unless you live next to A51 you will probably be disappointed with your several hundred dollar NV purchase fairly quickly so this, at multiple thousands, is just for those that need it.
edit on 12-4-2017 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Holy hell.

That is a STAGGERING improvement over systems that I have seen footage from before. I would LOVE to know what precise mechanism allows this... absolutely amazing.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This would have been so much better when I was flying around at night. The monochrome image and the 40 degree circle of vision was something you had to train to get used to. Even then a lot of visual illusions made landing at night very difficult.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well, that was jaw dropping.

I'm stunned.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

::sells car and house::

...is this enough...for a downpayment?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Now that is what I call a technological leap!!!

Pretty amazing stuff.....And I thought EO Tech's zoom IR scope was impressive.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
He spent too much time looking at the ground while I wanted him to spend more time looking at the sky!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I looked at them on another site. 10 megapixel, 4K, full color night vision.

Reminded me of a telescope. They said it will take a "wide variety" of lenses. Yeah, UFO hunting would be a blast. Maybe get a better look at a triangle! lol

I see some astronomy clubs pitching in to get one. Rent it out to other clubs kind of like large telescopes.

The full color and 4K thing is just amazing.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Video comparing x27 against other technologies with lots of relevance to our interests.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

I'm sold!!!

Where do I hand over my money??

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

If these claims are even remotely accurate - we might all have similar capabilities in the not too distant future...

Graphene sensors 1000 times more sensitive than CCD/CMOS would be useful for lots of things.
edit on 14-4-2017 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

I saw that on phys.org. There is graphene oxide on silicone to enhance light gathering. Haven't posted it because waiting for applications.

Yeah, "lots of things"

new topics

top topics

join