It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just in Iwakuni base in Japan will cancel air show, big news poss. air strike on NK April 28

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

They frequently get canceled when tensions increase like they have recently. They have better things to do than sit around showing off for the public, especially the RC-135s. There aren't many of them flying, so they are in high demand in several areas.

I'm near Offutt and things seem very quiet.

edit on 2017-04-11T21:19:46-05:002201711America/Chicago4 by c2oden because: i'm near, not right by.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Several of their RC-135s are deployed, with at least one in maintenance being upgraded, and at least a couple probably in maintenance. There were two in the UK until a couple weeks ago, there's still at least one there as of today. There's usually at least one in Japan or Korea as well too. There are only 3 RC-135S, 17 RC-135V/W, and 2 RC-135Us flying active missions. The S is designed to monitor missile tests, the V/W is designed to monitor various signals, and the U is designed to map radar systems. They deploy for 2-3 months at a time, if not longer.
edit on 4/11/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

(post by DickBrisket removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
A friend in japan jst posted this on facebook.

this.kiji.is...

Translated;

Rice, mentioning North Korea attack
Explanation to the Japanese government this month

Around the North Korean nuclear and missile issue, the US government mentioned the possibility of taking a military attack on North Korea according to China's response in the US-Japan high-level talks in early April before the US-China summit talks Thursday, I learned. Use the expression "strike (attack)", it was also described as this policy is playing cards US President is transmitted to the Xi Jinping Jintao of China. Several Japanese and US diplomatic sources revealed. It seems that there is an aim to cooperate in Japan and the United States to urge China to concrete behavior.

The Japanese government has already informed the US side "concerns that Japan could be targeted with South Korea if it attacks" (Government sources) and concern.

ETA; google translated and I doubt "Rice" is Susan.

edit on 4 11 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Well it makes sense to keep the base locked down right now. After all allowing anyone to enter for the air show may not be the best idea.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Just in on the TV here that the famous air show on Iwakuni base will be canceled this May due to the involvement with the situation of NK. It also said about and air strike on April 28, but I couldn't quite catch all what was being detailed about.
Anyway, something serious is going down. Wife says to stock up on food and water. We live south of Iwakuni base, sure hope the NK subs ain't got them missiles pointed this way.

Cross your finger and hope that no false flag happens against China and China is actually on your side ending NK. If not, every action causes a reaction.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: c2oden

Several of their RC-135s are deployed, with at least one in maintenance being upgraded, and at least a couple probably in maintenance. There were two in the UK until a couple weeks ago, there's still at least one there as of today. There's usually at least one in Japan or Korea as well too. There are only 3 RC-135S, 17 RC-135V/W, and 2 RC-135Us flying active missions. The S is designed to monitor missile tests, the V/W is designed to monitor various signals, and the U is designed to map radar systems. They deploy for 2-3 months at a time, if not longer.

Did not know that. The air show at Offutt would have very difficult to get to even if it wasn't cancelled. The interstate leading to the base from downtown Omaha is closed. Rebuilding a bridge.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Stay On Topic Please.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The next new moon is the 26th!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
The next new moon is the 26th!

If this is true, I bet Kim Jung will strike first. The world needs to be ready for that.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The base's website says nothing about the airshow being cancelled. In fact there is an airshow meeting scheduled for tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I wonder how much those Chinese girl scout cookies cost?

I read where it cost $12,000 to equip each US soilder, but it only cost $1,700 to equip each Chinese soldier. Half of that was his weapon and the next expensive part was his helmet.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Speaking of awesome air shows.

Um....zaph.... ...???....
When do you think Edwards will start up having airshows again?

...i miss them....

They were awesome.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Speaking of awesome air shows.

Um....zaph.... ...???....
When do you think Edwards will start up having airshows again?

...i miss them....

They were awesome.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CT_Flyboy
The base's website says nothing about the airshow being cancelled. In fact there is an airshow meeting scheduled for tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing that

I hope to attend
but the other day on the news said that it would be in the making not have it

again thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Somehow this seems to be an exact analogy to the world situation:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Not for at least a couple more years. They're too busy right now to have people running around the base.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Why the f#ck would they publicly announce the exact day for an airstrike? This is not how you fight a war. Surprising the enemy is key for a successful attack. Next thing they start playing Battleships. Firing at A3. Ha you missed. Doh. My turn. Firing at F4. Damn you hit my Dreadnought.

Maybe Obama is acting as a tactical adviser?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join