It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just in Iwakuni base in Japan will cancel air show, big news poss. air strike on NK April 28

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Just in on the TV here that the famous air show on Iwakuni base will be canceled this May due to the involvement with the situation of NK. It also said about and air strike on April 28, but I couldn't quite catch all what was being detailed about.
Anyway, something serious is going down. Wife says to stock up on food and water. We live south of Iwakuni base, sure hope the NK subs ain't got them missiles pointed this way.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Those are sure interesting times ahead. I think it sounds logical to cancel an airshow sheduled for an airbase that possibly takes part in a military campaign. But how did they come up with the exact date of April 28th?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BenSisko
Those are sure interesting times ahead. I think it sounds logical to cancel an airshow sheduled for an airbase that possibly takes part in a military campaign. But how did they come up with the exact date of April 28th?

That part I couldn't quite catch. But it is interesting why they said such a date. I understand at the moment there is a lot of activity going on at the base there. But I haven't heard any planes overhead that would be coming in from Okinawa. We usually here them. Anyway, as more news comes in, I'll post about what I hear.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Can't find anything on this, anywhere.
I checked twitter, google, and even the marine corps website.

Interesting if true!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Japan is not the only place canceling air shows

Offutt 2017 air show canceled

A news release said demand for the airmen to provide global intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance is growing, leaving inadequate time to organize the annual event.

[journalstar.com...]
Looks like the military has better things to do than have air shows this year.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

yea wwiii.

air shows will come later

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

They recently rotated aircraft, including the F-35B to Iwakuni. The Marine pilots are probably doing more training, as they familiarize themselves with the area, as they prepare to deploy later this year on the Bonhomme Richard. There's also an annual exercise with South Korea ongoing as well.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It's only going to get worse. The Air Force is about to have to ground anything not deployed for at least two months. Offutt frequently cancels though. This is the third time in five years. It's home to STRATCOM, and the RC-135s.
edit on 4/11/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Why the f#ck would they publicly announce the exact day for an airstrike? This is not how you fight a war. Surprising the enemy is key for a successful attack. Next thing they start playing Battleships. Firing at A3. Ha you missed. Doh. My turn. Firing at F4. Damn you hit my Dreadnought.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks, it just looked like interesting timing to me if both are canceled, but I'm just a guy in my mom's basement who doesn't know better.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

It's called "disinformation".

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

They frequently get canceled when tensions increase like they have recently. They have better things to do than sit around showing off for the public, especially the RC-135s. There aren't many of them flying, so they are in high demand in several areas.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Why cancel it?

Dont we always see training exercises before a big event?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Because the aircraft are needed for other things, such as airspace protection, or monitoring activities around the area.

Training exercises are ongoing, whether something is going to happen or not.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well, for you and your families sake, I hope that NK does not start shooting at you guys. They got enough problems with Radiation over there from those power plants. They do not need more.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Why the f#ck would they publicly announce the exact day for an airstrike? This is not how you fight a war. Surprising the enemy is key for a successful attack. Next thing they start playing Battleships. Firing at A3. Ha you missed. Doh. My turn. Firing at F4. Damn you hit my Dreadnought.

Because it's likely BS , even if they did it to make NK nervous, a jittery bully with Nukes and delusions of grandeur will almost guarantee a first strike against SK and Jp. both reachable.
edit on 11-4-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Good to see you Rickymouse.

And yeah, I agree. We've got enough problems with radiation as it is.

peace

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
a reply to: Idreamofme

No room for a roommate here. Tell your mom that I'm moving in with her next week

I know it's off topic, but I can't help noticing your username totally matches this post. LOL

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join