It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annon things heating up?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Apparently the subs have probably got their orders, as the broadcasts out of north Korea put out a load of coded digital stuff, that looked like it was meant for them.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Im gonna guess that DPRK doesn't have exotic communication modalities for their old Briggs & Stratton subs... let alone advanced encryption. So chances are that their sub commanders would leave the navy yard with instructions and not phone home until mission end.

This is a good time to mention that DPRK's best subs still only have a range of 1,500nm. We aren't gonna see these things out in the middle of the Pacific without a support vessel or tanker nearby. They are considered "coastal" subs for this reason. These subs would be a big problem to any enemy vessels near DPRK's coastline since they are able to silently sit on the sea-bottom and snipe anything that floats by, while staying nearby to the nearest BP/Shell station for fuel and snacks.

a reply to: KiwiNite

edit on 11-4-2017 by SoulOfCeres because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulOfCeres

!500 nm,? depends on the capacity of their diesel tanks, and the speed. Plus who knows where fuel is stashed on a myriad of pacific atolls.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

There's still speculation as far as I can tell. Have you seen anything?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

!500 nm,? depends on the capacity of their diesel tanks, and the speed. Plus who knows where fuel is stashed on a myriad of pacific atolls.

Sang-O Class moves at 7-9knots. Pyongyang to L.A., direct trip, no stops, at top speed, would take about a month.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

A fishing boat could fuel them up anywhere in that vast ocean. The Nazi U boats were cruising for weeks at a time if not months and that was old tech.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

The most common Nazi U-Boats (Type VIIC) could run 17knots when surfaced and had a range of 8,500nm. Yes, even those old WWII era subs have better spec than the junk DPRK is operating.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Which Anonymous?.

If you look around on YT you can find like...5 or 6 channels...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

So Lil Kim builds subs that have worse specs than a second world war Nazi sub? that doesn't make much sense.
Didn't they grab an American one back in the day with its crew?

edit on 11-4-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
ASW aircraft very busy circling the coast off of LA

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Probably "routine". Or a "lost sub". Who knows anymore. The Navy hasn't spoken a word about last night's weird sub incident, it's likely they won't speak about this one. (whatever it is) Sure feels like something is up, but my bet is that things will be seemingly perfectly fine again by morning.

"Everything is normal and fine!" That's what were are going to hear right down till the nukes start flyin LOL. Annoying, isn't it?
edit on 12-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22119818]Wookiep[/post

I think we are going into lockdown mode quite fast now, that's probably what its all been about.You tube is getting financially censored. MSM has been on lockdown for a while.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I was surprised when I heard they had a fleet of subs.
Heres what wiki says....

Note: According to news.bbc.co.uk... "The North Korean military is in possession of a fleet of about 70 submarines, comprised of approximately 20 Romeo class submarines (1,800 tons), 40 Sang-O class submarines (300 tons) and 10 midget submarines including the Yono class ...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

They're just not very good subs.

Edit: Ok, so I just noticed their Romeo class subs have considerably better range of 14,0484km at a speed of 9 knots. (They can go 15 knots for shorter distances). This means those Romeos can pretty much make it to anywhere on one tank of gas.

So if there IS a DPRK sub hiding off our Western coast, it would almost certainly be a Romeo.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-4-2017 by SoulOfCeres because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2017 by SoulOfCeres because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I can find about 10 YouTube channels that have "Anonymous" in their names.

I can't figure out which one is the real one...

It all begins to look like "click-bait" if you try to make sense of it.

Maybe "Anonymous" should break into the airwaves like "Eyes Only" did in that cheesy "Dark Angel" TV series.

...Wait, I don't have a TV...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Thanks! I dont know much about submarines, but im getting an education today!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join