It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK government sets migrant free and gives $33k after attempted rape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

A migrant convicted of attempting to rape a woman was awarded £27,000 ($33,600) compensation

Kurdish citizen Bashdar Abdulla Qarani entered the UK in 2005, and was found guilty of a series of offences, including theft, battery, and carrying a knife

Immigration authorities were, however, unable to prove his nationality due to Qarani’s lack of documents, and the 36-year-old was once again released

This week, deputy High Court judge Philip Mott QC ruled Qarani’s lengthy detention was in breach of his human rights and granted the man £27,000 in compensation.

Source
This is a perfect example of the absolute insanity going on with the migrants.

A migrant man living in the UK was convicted of various crimes, including attempted rape, and was subsequently sentenced to prison. There was one big problem, though; he didn't have legal documents proving his identity... So he was released from prison and awarded $33,600 in compensation for his rights being violated. How were his rights violated, you ask? Well, he had been arrested and held in detention for sexual crimes. Yep.
I just can't fathom how someone can try to rape a woman and not only get off scott-free, but be awarded tens of thousands of dollars in compensation as an apology for being arrested just because you don't have legal identification. This is precisely why every country needs to know who is entering and who is living there.

Well, if you wanna rape women and get paid to do it, just sneak into the UK without legal documents.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm gonna go with my first prediction on ATS. In 5 years there will be civil wars broken out in Europe over this migrant crisis.

Is it just me or does it seem we see a new terror attack once or twice a week over there now?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

A migrant convicted of attempting to rape a woman was awarded £27,000 ($33,600) compensation

Kurdish citizen Bashdar Abdulla Qarani entered the UK in 2005, and was found guilty of a series of offences, including theft, battery, and carrying a knife

Immigration authorities were, however, unable to prove his nationality due to Qarani’s lack of documents, and the 36-year-old was once again released

This week, deputy High Court judge Philip Mott QC ruled Qarani’s lengthy detention was in breach of his human rights and granted the man £27,000 in compensation.

Source
This is a perfect example of the absolute insanity going on with the migrants.

A migrant man living in the UK was convicted of various crimes, including attempted rape, and was subsequently sentenced to prison. There was one big problem, though; he didn't have legal documents proving his identity... So he was released from prison and awarded $33,600 in compensation for his rights being violated. How were his rights violated, you ask? Well, he had been arrested and held in detention for sexual crimes. Yep.
I just can't fathom how someone can try to rape a woman and not only get off scott-free, but be awarded tens of thousands of dollars in compensation as an apology for being arrested just because you don't have legal identification. This is precisely why every country needs to know who is entering and who is living there.

Well, if you wanna rape women and get paid to do it, just sneak into the UK without legal documents.

It shows the absurdity regarding the UK justice system,

The problem with situations like this is that it is at epidemic levels esp in paces like London where illegal immigration and over stayers are riff, yes I have witnessed situations where someone is arrested and claims to be Romanian yet all information given does don't lead to a port of entry of course this person does not have any documentation, do more digging after hours of work to find the person illegally entered and is in fact from Algeria, however in the time needed to obtain this information the person has long since released for it all to happen again when that person is arrested again in the future... See the problem...

Needle in a haystack is the best way to describe the situation in many European cities, people with what is zero identity that are ghosts in the system, send em back they cry (But to where????) Algeria, Pakistan,Tunisia,Morocco,Afgan,Ghana,Eritrea, The democratic republic of who the #astan???.... Take your pick you may just get lucky..

RA

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Arm the law abiding citizens and watch the problem sort it's self out

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yes, it's a mad world. However, the court is compelled to make awards if the defendant is being dealt with inappropriately. The fact is that he should have been deported long ago, but he's probably got a good human rights lawyer.

I worked with a councillor who confided a problem with migrants not revealing their origin. If you don't know where they have come from, then you cannot deport them. All you do is keep quiet.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Without doing any research on the topic, I believe it is very likely that the damages ordered were not due to the sentence he received as a result of being convicted of the crimes. He most likely finished his sentence on those charges and was held for an additional period of time for immigration purposes. I can only assume that not only couldn't the gov't prove he'd violated any immigration laws, but that they didn't even have cause to hold him therefore. Thus the resulting damages.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Don't bring your logic and rational discourse in here, this is about mooslams dammit.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is less to do with coddling muslims and more to do with a pen pusher #ing up paper work somewhere.

As someone who is trying to get my foreign girlfreind over for a long term visit I can tell you UK immigration is full of useless #wits who belong working in McDonalds not in such a important position.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Who are the lawyers representing such cases, and what is the fee basis?

Lets see a list of the names, so we can publicly applaud their efforts.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

You mean the lawyers who are helping to enforce the rule of law, the very thing that all of Western Culture is based on?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Yes, the very same.

Lets see who these guardians of justice are, and lets find out how little they get paid for their trouble.

Surely if they are 'enforcing the rule of law' they would want the publicity!

Heavens, people might think they benefit from wearing a cloak of anonymity.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

Don't mention benefits.

Spinal problems stopped me working some years ago but in January my benefit was cut off.

Probably to pay for the govts legal bills because of continuous incompetence like this. I'm not even a criminal but in this new upside down, backwards country I'm starting to see how it might pay off a lot better.

Adding... Can anyone point me to a "human rights" case in the UK in the last ten years where the "person" being defended was actually worth defending???
edit on 11-4-2017 by Tulpa because: I'm rubbish

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Hit me up if you need help/advice. I'm OISC registered.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Thats the trouble with *human rights* ....... Not everyone has them

It is a system weighted heavily toward one person who, whilst receiving their rights

infringes on another's ability to have their *human rights*

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The legal system is a joke, this is as retarded as being sued by some f-wit who broke into your house and hurt himself.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Without doing any research on the topic, I believe it is very likely that the damages ordered were not due to the sentence he received as a result of being convicted of the crimes. He most likely finished his sentence on those charges and was held for an additional period of time for immigration purposes. I can only assume that not only couldn't the gov't prove he'd violated any immigration laws, but that they didn't even have cause to hold him therefore. Thus the resulting damages.

How could they pay him anything if he couldn't prove who he was? The same logic that made him eligible for this payout should simultaneously invalidate him.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

It's insane.

Same with the USA.

Deported multiple times with crimes on top and still released?!

UK should just pick a country to drop him off in if he doesn't say where he's from. Or the jungles of New Guinea.

WHat rights does he have anyway as a stateless non entity?

Actually, threaten him that he might be able to be charged with espionage and executed.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

In the US, and I'm assuming the UK, it is illegal for the gov't to lock someone up without cause. The burden is on the gov't. If they can't carry that burden then, under circumstances, that person's rights have been violated. What is provable in a court of law is a lot greater than what is needed in journalism or the internet.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

How could they pay him anything if he couldn't prove who he was? The same logic that made him eligible for this payout should simultaneously invalidate him.

It used to be the case that Britannia ruled the waves. Now Britannia waves the rules.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Wow that is crazy, and a slap in the face to the ones who were victimized by this scum.
Not only did they pay him.. how on earth did they justify that amount??

I have a friend right now who has not been able to get hired for a year and his medical license is under review due to a vindictive employee who lied and filed a completely false police report on him. Even though he has proof he was nowhere in the vicinity and did not do anything else they claim, he can't get hired and may never be hired in his field again. Went to a hearing and was only offered a few thousand, with about half of that going to his lawyer!
This is in the US, so we are totally rewarding the offenders too

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join