It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ohio Supreme Court Justice gets DUI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
On January 31, 2005, Ohio Supreme Court Justice Alice Resnick was pulled over on I-75. Police received numerous calls about the Jeep she was driving weaving between lanes and nearly sideswiping another car. After finally apprehending Resnick, she was charged with DUI and registered a BAC of .216, 2 1/2 times the legal limit in Ohio.

www.daytondailynews.com
Resnick, 65, of Toledo was arrested and cited with driving under the influence and failure to stay within marked lanes. Her attorney, Sheldon Wittenberg, entered a not guilty plea on her behalf, Bowling Green City Prosecutor Matt Reger said.

The Jeep pulled off I-75 and stopped at a BP gas station in Wood County, where a state trooper and a Bowling Green police officer approached the driver, who turned out to be Resnick in her state-owned 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. She told them she was a state supreme court justice, and declined to take a standard roadside sobriety test, according to the officers' reports.

His report says the officers caught up with her a few miles south on I-75, witnessed her weaving in the lane and stopped her — a stop that's recorded in a 90-minute videotape made from the state patrol car.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems apparent that those we hold to more accountability in government should also be setting a clear example of following the law. It is also disturbing that Resnick seems to feel a sense of being above the law, even though she is seated in the highest position of the Judicial branch in the State of Ohio. I feel the State Troopers did a fine job in arresting Resnick despite her so-called high authority.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Banshee]

join