It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spicer claims Hitler never used chemical weapons

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Every post is so dripping with pseudo-intellectualism that you're starting to read like a parody account at this point. A word of the day calendar is a poor replacement for a valid argument.
edit on 4/11/2017 by Monger because: added words

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

Every post is so dripping with pseudo-intellectualism that you're starting to read like a parody account at this point.

Then I guess it's a good thing your opinion is about as useful as an a-hole on my elbow.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Taggart

a reply to: Taggart

The lengths you go to defend Trump and Co are baffling.

Zyklon B is a chemical, it was used as a weapon.
You can try twisting it all you like, Spicer will probably be gone over this, why defend him?

Because you unscrupulous puritans are dogmatic to the point of absurdity. You use minor quibbles and hair-splitting, all of it derived from sources hostile to the administration, as avenues from which to deflect from their main points, which you neglected to touch on so you could play amateur historian. You guys are crooks and frauds, who, if you were placed in the same position, would melt under the pressure.

The only people splitting hairs are those who are saying Hitler did not use Chemical weapons. He did.

A minor technicality that is being used to pretend that Spicer forgot about or is lying about gas chambers. Its an absurdity.

How is it a technicality?

"You had someone as despicable as Hitler didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."

Except he did, and he done a lot worse than Assad, surely you agree with that.
To somehow suggest Assad is worse than Hitler is quite simply wrong, there have been a number of people you can compare to Hitler, Assad probably wouldn't make the top 10.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Thanks for ditching the flowery language for a bit at least and communicating like a modern human being and not like a villain from a Jane Austen novel. Good to know you can drop the affectation when it suits you.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Spicer said something stupid.

It's a given.

But if people are going to call him a holocaust denier and a Nazi, then I'd have to place those people at the same level of idiocy.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

"You had someone as despicable as Hitler didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."

To somehow suggest Assad is worse than Hitler is quite simply wrong, there have been a number of people you can compare to Hitler, Assad probably wouldn't make the top 10.

It is obvious he meant chemical munitions. To suggest that Spicer forgot about, is ignorant to, or is denying gas chambers is beyond even my conceit, but it is the going rate in this thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Thanks for ditching the flowery language for a bit at least and communicating like a modern human being and not like a villain from a Jane Austen novel. Good to know you can drop the affectation when it suits you.

Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
So explain the gas chambers then Spicer

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'd like to be clear that I don't think he's either of those things. It's certainly an interesting thing to say on the world's stage, as somebody with some level of historical literacy.

It was profoundly stupid thing to say and he's comically inept, but I don't think he's literally Hitler.

Great fodder, though, as somebody who has made an effort to stop worrying and learn to love the Trump administration for the # up of historical proportions that it is.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

It is obvious he meant chemical munitions. To suggest that Spicer forgot about, is ignorant to, or is denying gas chambers is beyond even my conceit, but it is the going rate in this thread.

He brought Hitler in to it, not us.
He said EVEN Hitler didn't use chemical weapons, implying Assad is even worse than that for doing so, without evidence that it was even Assad that used them.
Even if Assad used them, he'd still need to go a long way to be worse than Hitler.

"You had someone as despicable as Hitler didn't even sink to using chemical weapons." He did, but he also just murdered people by the million, done experiments on people, flattened large parts of Europe and set up murder camps.

Like I said, it's not even close when comparing the two, so why even bring Hitler up? oh to get sympathy to go to war in Syria by using emotive language for dummies.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think he probably meant that Hitler never lobbed a bunch of chemical weapons out there in the middle of a residential area. But regardless of what he meant, that was a pretty stupid thing to say. But i would also recommend people recall how many times in the last eight years the democrats used the word nazi or compared some groups suffering to that of the jews in WWII. It happened more than once...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The general and traditional definition of a chemical weapon is a toxic chemical contained in a delivery system, such as a bomb or shell.

The Convention defines chemical weapons much more generally. The term chemical weapon is applied to any toxic chemical or its precursor that can cause death, injury, temporary incapacitation or sensory irritation through its chemical action. Munitions or other delivery devices designed to deliver chemical weapons, whether filled or unfilled, are also considered weapons themselves.

Brief Description of Chemical Weapons

I'd say the chance that Spicer used the traditional and general definition of a chemical weapon to formulate his point is far greater than the chance that he forgot Hitler used gas chambers.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The going rate of the thread is, we could replace Spicer with a brussel sprout, and come out ahead.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TiggersTheMan

The going rate of the thread is, we could replace Spicer with a brussel sprout, and come out ahead.

Even a crown of broccoli could come up with a better insult.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

originally posted by: icanteven

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

You are splitting hairs here in a desperate attempt to defend Spicer's idiotic remark. Hitler DID use gas against his people in the gas chambers and he DID deploy gas in tactical situations. Just because the situation in Syria isn't a one-to-one comparison between Hitler and Assad doesn't mean that Spicer's words are in any way truthful.

Ok. I have to say it. Do you have proof that Hitler used homicidal gas against the Jews in concentration camps? Or are you just regurgitating what you've been told?

There's never been a shred of forensic evidence to prove there was. In fact, Simon Wiesenthal, a Holocaust survivor, writer, and former "Nazi-hunter" has stated that the homicidal gas chambers were a myth. That's an eyewitness account.

You are wrong. From the Simon Wiesenthal Center Responses to Revisionist Arguments website:

"The use of gas chambers by the Nazis is proven by a wide array of evidence. Testimony by the perpetrators themselves as well as the first-hand accounts of prisoners, especially members of the "Sonderkommando" (groups of inmates forced to remove the dead from the gas chambers and dispose of their bodies) constitute only a part of the evidence."

"Documents including blueprints of the killing installations as well as orders for construction materials and Zyklon B (the deadly hydrogen cyanide preparation used for gassings at Auschwitz and Majdanek...carbon monoxide exhaust was used at other camps) survived the war as did some of the actual gassing facilities themselves. Photos clandestinely taken by prisoners of Auschwitz-Birkenau even show the disposal of corpses removed from the gas chamber. The manufacture, distribution and use of the deadly gas was clearly demonstrated at the "Zyklon B Trial" in March 1946, Hamburg, Germany. Two of the defendants, Bruno Tesch and Karl Weinbacher, the owner and a major executive of a company that manufactured the gas were sentenced to death after notes of their trips to Auschwitz disproved their contention that they were unaware that the poison was used to kill inmates."

"Jean-Claude Pressac, a one-time skeptic of the gas chambers, had undertaken a careful study of Auschwitz in which he analyzed a wide variety of camp documents, photos, reports and blueprints. Pressac, who had at one time been intrigued by the Holocaust-denying theories of Robert Faurisson, concluded that his original skepticism could no longer be supported in the face of the evidence. In 1989, the Klarsfeld Foundation published his study, Auschwitz: Technique and Operation of the Gas Chambers, in which Pressac demonstrates the use of the gas chambers of Auschwitz-Birkenau in the murders of hundreds of thousands of people."

Source: motlc.wiesenthal.com...

I can debate this information with facts, but this thread isn't about Holocaust facts as it is about Spicer's comments and comparison to Assad.

I respect your view, but I won't derail this thread.

Then don't ask for proof of something and make a statement, only to claim "sorry, won't derail" when your claim is debunked.

It's preposterous that you literally just asked for proof and then turn around and say "just kidding guys" when proof is given.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I think he probably meant that Hitler never lobbed a bunch of chemical weapons out there in the middle of a residential area..

You may be right but does it need saying again that Hitler did worse? A lot worse.
He created his own residential areas, put people in them and murdered them in a variety of ways.

I'm repeating myself so this may be my last post on it.

Why even bring up Hitler?Why compare to Hitler? To gain sympathy to go to war. That's all.
Dangerous emotive language.

I'll leave it with this

"Spicer apologizes, doesn't want to distract from Trump's attempts "to destabilize the region"
edit on 11/4/2017 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: icanteven

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

You are splitting hairs here in a desperate attempt to defend Spicer's idiotic remark. Hitler DID use gas against his people in the gas chambers and he DID deploy gas in tactical situations. Just because the situation in Syria isn't a one-to-one comparison between Hitler and Assad doesn't mean that Spicer's words are in any way truthful.

Ok. I have to say it. Do you have proof that Hitler used homicidal gas against the Jews in concentration camps? Or are you just regurgitating what you've been told?

There's never been a shred of forensic evidence to prove there was. In fact, Simon Wiesenthal, a Holocaust survivor, writer, and former "Nazi-hunter" has stated that the homicidal gas chambers were a myth. That's an eyewitness account.

You are wrong. From the Simon Wiesenthal Center Responses to Revisionist Arguments website:

"The use of gas chambers by the Nazis is proven by a wide array of evidence. Testimony by the perpetrators themselves as well as the first-hand accounts of prisoners, especially members of the "Sonderkommando" (groups of inmates forced to remove the dead from the gas chambers and dispose of their bodies) constitute only a part of the evidence."

"Documents including blueprints of the killing installations as well as orders for construction materials and Zyklon B (the deadly hydrogen cyanide preparation used for gassings at Auschwitz and Majdanek...carbon monoxide exhaust was used at other camps) survived the war as did some of the actual gassing facilities themselves. Photos clandestinely taken by prisoners of Auschwitz-Birkenau even show the disposal of corpses removed from the gas chamber. The manufacture, distribution and use of the deadly gas was clearly demonstrated at the "Zyklon B Trial" in March 1946, Hamburg, Germany. Two of the defendants, Bruno Tesch and Karl Weinbacher, the owner and a major executive of a company that manufactured the gas were sentenced to death after notes of their trips to Auschwitz disproved their contention that they were unaware that the poison was used to kill inmates."

"Jean-Claude Pressac, a one-time skeptic of the gas chambers, had undertaken a careful study of Auschwitz in which he analyzed a wide variety of camp documents, photos, reports and blueprints. Pressac, who had at one time been intrigued by the Holocaust-denying theories of Robert Faurisson, concluded that his original skepticism could no longer be supported in the face of the evidence. In 1989, the Klarsfeld Foundation published his study, Auschwitz: Technique and Operation of the Gas Chambers, in which Pressac demonstrates the use of the gas chambers of Auschwitz-Birkenau in the murders of hundreds of thousands of people."

Source: motlc.wiesenthal.com...

I can debate this information with facts, but this thread isn't about Holocaust facts as it is about Spicer's comments and comparison to Assad.

I respect your view, but I won't derail this thread.

Then don't ask for proof of something and make a statement, only to claim "sorry, won't derail" when your claim is debunked.

It's preposterous that you literally just asked for proof and then turn around and say "just kidding guys" when proof is given.

Wow, thanks for the cheap shot. No, I wasn't "just kidding" about what I said and can easily debate the topic after someone provided a response, but in hindsight I realized that this topic could spiral way off course.

My post was specifically directed at krazysh0t bc of his history of parroting whatever he's told.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
All I can say is..WOW, how f'n stupid is this guy, Israel must be overjoyed.
Look for more SNL skits..these utter buffoons just keep stepping in it..then tracking it through the house..unfreakin believable.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

So chemical weapons are not compounds?
What is your point please?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Would it make any difference? what's that saying..hard to fly like an eagle when surrounded by turkeys.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join