It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spicer claims Hitler never used chemical weapons

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

That one gets my Derp Award.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
lesmisanthrope

In accordance with The Geneva Protocol of 1925, Nazi Germany refrained from the tactical use of chemical and biological weapons in war, possibly due to the personal experiences of Adolf Hitler as a sergeant in the Kaiser's army where he was gassed by British troops in 1918.[33]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lengths you go to defend Trump and Co are baffling.

Zyklon B is a chemical, it was used as a weapon.
You can try twisting it all you like, Spicer will probably be gone over this, why defend him?

edit on 11/4/2017 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So when Spicey said that Hitler didn't use chemical weapons to kill his own people, do you think he was suggesting the German Jews weren't actually German or weren't actually people in general?

A slip like that can really make a guy think. It's probably safe to say that the Spicester is in the Bannon camp and not the Kushner camp, haha.

What a #ing debacle. I've decided to let go of my incredulity and just enjoy the show at this point. People not fit to run a discount grocery store are running the most powerful nation on Earth and it's kind of hilarious on a weird #ed up level I didn't know existed before now. First it was funny, then it was scary, and now we're back to funny. #ing rollercoaster ride of an administration.

Lol @ the human pretzels in this thread contorting themselves to defend this #, top quality entertainment.
edit on 4/11/2017 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

I just think he said something stupid.

I won't sugar-coat it.

I say stupid things at least 20 times a day, but not on national television.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Swills

I mean, I thought the same thing when a certain president order a drone strike that killed a 16 year old US citizen. Remove them from office.

Well the current president ordered a ground assault that killed that 16 year old's eight year old sister, so..

www.theguardian.com...

Whatever you think of her father or the people she was put into the care of, Nawar al-Awlaki was an 8 year old American child and the POTUS ordered her dead, directly or not.
edit on 4/11/2017 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Maybe it's time for a replacement press secretary.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

You are splitting hairs here in a desperate attempt to defend Spicer's idiotic remark. Hitler DID use gas against his people in the gas chambers and he DID deploy gas in tactical situations. Just because the situation in Syria isn't a one-to-one comparison between Hitler and Assad doesn't mean that Spicer's words are in any way truthful.

Ok. I have to say it. Do you have proof that Hitler used homicidal gas against the Jews in concentration camps? Or are you just regurgitating what you've been told?

There's never been a shred of forensic evidence to prove there was. In fact, Simon Wiesenthal, a Holocaust survivor, writer, and former "Nazi-hunter" has stated that the homicidal gas chambers were a myth. That's an eyewitness account.

You are wrong. From the Simon Wiesenthal Center Responses to Revisionist Arguments website:

"The use of gas chambers by the Nazis is proven by a wide array of evidence. Testimony by the perpetrators themselves as well as the first-hand accounts of prisoners, especially members of the "Sonderkommando" (groups of inmates forced to remove the dead from the gas chambers and dispose of their bodies) constitute only a part of the evidence."

"Documents including blueprints of the killing installations as well as orders for construction materials and Zyklon B (the deadly hydrogen cyanide preparation used for gassings at Auschwitz and Majdanek...carbon monoxide exhaust was used at other camps) survived the war as did some of the actual gassing facilities themselves. Photos clandestinely taken by prisoners of Auschwitz-Birkenau even show the disposal of corpses removed from the gas chamber. The manufacture, distribution and use of the deadly gas was clearly demonstrated at the "Zyklon B Trial" in March 1946, Hamburg, Germany. Two of the defendants, Bruno Tesch and Karl Weinbacher, the owner and a major executive of a company that manufactured the gas were sentenced to death after notes of their trips to Auschwitz disproved their contention that they were unaware that the poison was used to kill inmates."

"Jean-Claude Pressac, a one-time skeptic of the gas chambers, had undertaken a careful study of Auschwitz in which he analyzed a wide variety of camp documents, photos, reports and blueprints. Pressac, who had at one time been intrigued by the Holocaust-denying theories of Robert Faurisson, concluded that his original skepticism could no longer be supported in the face of the evidence. In 1989, the Klarsfeld Foundation published his study, Auschwitz: Technique and Operation of the Gas Chambers, in which Pressac demonstrates the use of the gas chambers of Auschwitz-Birkenau in the murders of hundreds of thousands of people."

Source: motlc.wiesenthal.com...

I can debate this information with facts, but this thread isn't about Holocaust facts as it is about Spicer's comments and comparison to Assad.

I respect your view, but I won't derail this thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Well, regardless of whether he does or not, my point was that no one called him a racist, xenophobe, etc., as your post states. That was my only point in responding.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hitler used gas on his people, German Jews and other undesirables. Hitler also used gas against concentration camp victims from many other countries. This is all well known and widely accepted historical fact.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Monger

I just think he said something stupid.

I won't sugar-coat it.

I say stupid things at least 20 times a day, but not on national television.

How soon will Trump replace him... Trump says enough stupid things he doesn't need a spokesperson doing the same.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

you must be kidding ? what are you ? a 10 year old boy ? I mean really ? I think you need to learn some history for sure !!! And btw. Spicer is a joke for being a respectable person.
edit on 11-4-2017 by alexpmi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com... ushpmg00000009

I was obviously trying to make a point about the heinous acts that Assad had made against his own people last week using chemical weapons and gas, and frankly, I mistakenly used an inappropriate and insensitive reference to the Holocaust, for which, frankly, there is no comparison. And for that I apologize. It was a mistake to do that,” he said.

Did you not know, Sean, that there were gas chambers where the Nazis brought Jews and others ... to slaughter them in these poison gas chambers at Birkenau near Auschwitz and other death camps?” Blitzer asked. “Yes, clearly I’m aware of that,” Spicer replied. “Again, as I said initially, and there’s no attempt to clarify this, the point was to try to talk about the use of aircraft as a means by which Assad was using to gas his people, but it was a mistake to do that. And that’s why I should have just stayed on topic.”

love the people in this thread trying their level best to defend the spice man.

trying to split hairs and #.
spicer is still a tool

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

You can try twisting it all you like, Spicer will probably be gone over this, why defend him?

Because you unscrupulous puritans are dogmatic to the point of absurdity. You use minor quibbles and hair-splitting, all of it derived from sources hostile to the administration, as avenues from which to deflect from their main points, which you neglected to touch on so you could play amateur historian. You guys are crooks and frauds, who, if you were placed in the same position, would melt under the pressure.
edit on 11-4-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Interesting point of view. Well, not really. But still noteworthy

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

You are incorrect:

twitter.com...

Just google Sean Spicer holocaust denial. There are alot of results. It's pathetic.
edit on 11-4-2017 by Fools because: edit

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: alexpmi

Interesting point of view. Well, not really. But still noteworthy

At least you noticed, dear. That's half the battle.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Because you unscrupulous puritans are dogmatic to the point of absurdity. You use minor quibbles and hair-splitting, all of it derived from sources hostile to the administration, as avenues from which to deflect from their main points, which you neglected to touch on so you could play amateur historian. You guys are crooks and frauds, who, if you were placed in the same position, would melt under the pressure.

The only people splitting hairs are those who are saying Hitler did not use Chemical weapons. He did.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Was just reflecting on the responses to the post. I'm sure there's people on Twitter that have called virtually every well known person such ridiculous names. But we're just spinning in circles here.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Alright man. Let's say for a second that's true - it still doesn't negate the Einsatzgruppen following the Wehrmacht eastward to gas Slavs and Jews and everyone-we-hate in the back of vans. Himmler himself demanded the transition to gas because the guilt of shooting was ruining the morale of his men.
edit on Thu Apr 13 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The only people splitting hairs are those who are saying Hitler did not use Chemical weapons. He did.

A minor technicality that is being used to pretend that Spicer forgot about or is lying about gas chambers. Its an absurdity.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join