It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spicer claims Hitler never used chemical weapons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I guess he's technically right, they didn't use them
In war.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

The main reason for using Zyclon B instead of continuing to shoot masses of people in the back of the head was the mental health of the soldiers. Most of the soldiers, unlike the leadership, were not psychopaths and couldn't mentally handle the endless slaughter.

By the way, IG Farben was the company who created the chemical.

Due to the company's entanglement with the Nazi regime, it was considered by the Allies to be too morally corrupt to be allowed to continue to exist. The Soviet Union seized most of IG Farben's assets located in the Soviet occupation zone, as part of their reparation payments. In the western occupation zone, however, the policy of destroying the company was very quickly abandoned, not least because of the company's large entanglement with American companies, notably with the successors of Standard Oil which IG Farben was modelled after and which had itself been broken up into several companies. In the late 1940s, IG Farben was being rebuilt in the western zones and continuing doing business. In 1951, the company was split into its original constituent companies. The four largest quickly bought the smaller ones.

Today Agfa, BASF and Bayer remain, Hoechst having in 1999 spun off its chemical business as Celanese AG before merging with Rhône-Poulenc to form Aventis, which later merged with Sanofi-Synthélabo to form Sanofi. Two years earlier, another part of Hoechst was sold in 1997 to the chemical spin-off of Sandoz, the Muttenz (Switzerland) based Clariant. The successor companies remain some of the world's largest chemical and pharmaceutical companies.

Guess who was instrumental in financing them and other parts of the German death machine, Vannevar Bush!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He already did that. He "clarified" it by saying Hitler didn't use chemical weapons against his own people like Assad did.

So German Jews, homosexuals, and the mentally retarded weren't his own people? I guess if you're a Nazi that would be true, but only then.

He didn't use chemical weapons....only chemical humanicides.... duh....

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He already did that. He "clarified" it by saying Hitler didn't use chemical weapons against his own people like Assad did.

So German Jews, homosexuals, and the mentally retarded weren't his own people? I guess if you're a Nazi that would be true, but only then.

I dunno. Spicer said it, not me. Ask him.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

HItler did not consider them his people. They were pigs. Animals. What Spicer said was dumb because he brought Hitler into it. Do not ever do that. if you do, all credibility on that statement is lost.

The concentration camps were isolated and used to kill millions. It was not a town square hit with a chemical agent causing death. Were they times during WW2 that many people DID use chemical weapons, yes, but it was very very far from the norm and very isolated.

It is perception and then whether it is worth it to argue. Should I argue who is worse or should I argue that fact that ANYONE who gasses and attacks their own people should be removed from office? I will go with removed from office. Analogies in the end mean nothing.

I mean, I thought the same thing when a certain president order a drone strike that killed a 16 year old US citizen. Remove them from office.

edit on 04pm30pmf0000002017-04-11T16:15:05-05:000405 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 04pm30pmf0000002017-04-11T16:15:44-05:000444 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I hope not to offend but do you have history and geography lessons in America?, it seems anything not on your great land either did not happen or it did not happen the way it was potrayed.

I fully believe that my own knowledge of the USA would be probably as bad, but this was part of WW 2 not a small issue in the history of the world, nearly every nation knows of the event, so what gives?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
in europe he would go to jail for thought crimes...

proving one simple thing, why is it a crime to question their story?

(post by AgarthaSeed removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
this guy needs to be fired for incompetence, i don't know what trump was thinking by hiring this guy as press secretary..

I think that could be said about ALL trumps staff.

He has filled all most all the top positions with stupid, useless incompetents.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

You make little to no sense whatsoever. The lib's, ie Obama, were funding the "rebellion". The lib's supported Trump's bombing of Syria. Assad may be an animal and evil, but please understand, he is no Hitler.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I don't even have words to respond.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

My handle is appropriate today. I can't even. I just can't. Spicer is basically saying, "It depends on what your definition of 'gassing' is."

Spicer is either a moron or disgustingly ignorant of history. Or both. It's sad to see people in this thread trying to apply a range to measure Hitler's evil. He was a monster who gassed his own people. FULL STOP.
edit on 11-4-2017 by icanteven because: clarified comment and added a sentence

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Spicer is. I think that is what the meme is wanting to transform into. It is the same when any race issue comes up. No matter what is said, it is taken out of context and then kazzaam...racists! Or xenophobe, or sexist, or whatever.

Everyone with half a brain is tired of it. It is the real reason Trump won.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread, so forgive me if this has already been addressed.
During WWII, the Germans used poison gas at the end of the Battle of Kerch.
They gassed Soviets that were holding out in tunnels at the end of the battle.
Wikipedia:Chemical Warfare
edit on b000000302017-04-11T16:49:32-05:0004America/ChicagoTue, 11 Apr 2017 16:49:32 -0500400000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I agree with some of what you say, but I don't believe anything was said about Spicer other than that he has a poor sense of history.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The Nazis didn't use chemical weapons because, firstly, they couldn't design a gas mask that a horse could breathe enough air through and still be able to work pulling wagons and stuff ( horses were widely used throughout WW2), and secondly, they were sure the allies had them in their arsenal and they didn't want to have them used in retaliation by the allies if they used their chemical weapons.

Technically though, they did use chemicals in the gas chambers

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't see what's wrong here?
Hitler never used chemical weapons on his own people.

He did gas jews, but that is not a chemical weapon (though can be debatable) and jews were not part of the German people (hence why they were imprisoned).

All I've seen are people and the media taking it out of context.

“He was not using gas on his own people in the same way that Assad is doing"
Let's compare the two:

- Assad (assuming he did it) ordered an airstrike with chemical agents against innocent civilians. These civilians were getting by with their daily lives as usual.

- Hitler said that jews were not German people and an inferior race. He imprisoned them and then gassed them.

Whether who did it worse is a separate debate. What Spicer said is accurate and there's nothing wrong. He personally thinks the way Assad did it was worse than the way Hitler did it. But he never said that Hitler is innocent of any crime or that Jews weren't gassed.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
POST REMOVED BY STAFF.

Ok. I have to say it. Do you have proof that Hitler used homicidal gas against the Jews in concentration camps? Or are you just regurgitating what you've been told?

There's never been a shred of forensic evidence to prove there was. In fact, Simon Wiesenthal, a Holocaust survivor, writer, and former "Nazi-hunter" has stated that the homicidal gas chambers were a myth. That's an eyewitness account.

Mmm I'm pretty positive what he actually said was that no extermination camps existed inside what is now Germany and that all the extermination took place in Poland.
edit on Thu Apr 13 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Ok. I have to say it. Do you have proof that Hitler used homicidal gas against the Jews in concentration camps? Or are you just regurgitating what you've been told?

There's never been a shred of forensic evidence to prove there was. In fact, Simon Wiesenthal, a Holocaust survivor, writer, and former "Nazi-hunter" has stated that the homicidal gas chambers were a myth. That's an eyewitness account.

You are wrong. From the Simon Wiesenthal Center Responses to Revisionist Arguments website:

"The use of gas chambers by the Nazis is proven by a wide array of evidence. Testimony by the perpetrators themselves as well as the first-hand accounts of prisoners, especially members of the "Sonderkommando" (groups of inmates forced to remove the dead from the gas chambers and dispose of their bodies) constitute only a part of the evidence."

"Documents including blueprints of the killing installations as well as orders for construction materials and Zyklon B (the deadly hydrogen cyanide preparation used for gassings at Auschwitz and Majdanek...carbon monoxide exhaust was used at other camps) survived the war as did some of the actual gassing facilities themselves. Photos clandestinely taken by prisoners of Auschwitz-Birkenau even show the disposal of corpses removed from the gas chamber. The manufacture, distribution and use of the deadly gas was clearly demonstrated at the "Zyklon B Trial" in March 1946, Hamburg, Germany. Two of the defendants, Bruno Tesch and Karl Weinbacher, the owner and a major executive of a company that manufactured the gas were sentenced to death after notes of their trips to Auschwitz disproved their contention that they were unaware that the poison was used to kill inmates."

"Jean-Claude Pressac, a one-time skeptic of the gas chambers, had undertaken a careful study of Auschwitz in which he analyzed a wide variety of camp documents, photos, reports and blueprints. Pressac, who had at one time been intrigued by the Holocaust-denying theories of Robert Faurisson, concluded that his original skepticism could no longer be supported in the face of the evidence. In 1989, the Klarsfeld Foundation published his study, Auschwitz: Technique and Operation of the Gas Chambers, in which Pressac demonstrates the use of the gas chambers of Auschwitz-Birkenau in the murders of hundreds of thousands of people."

Source: motlc.wiesenthal.com...
edit on Thu Apr 13 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I think you have been swayed to believe he has a poor sense of history. How can a person think that based on one paragraph that his enemies are taking out of context?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join