It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spicer claims Hitler never used chemical weapons

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Lol, ok..I wasn't sure..my bad, I should of known.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: ElGoobero

Well... thank goodness the Nuremberg people knew better.

I despair, I really do.

And it is not at all an irrelevance. FACT, regardless of misunderstandings to the contrary, using a chemical to commit murder, regardless of the method of delivery, IS utilisation of a chemical weapon.

not to be snarky but please review Le Misanthrope's post on page six in which he quotes a definition of weapon.
a lot depends on use.
if a soldier uses an M1 to execute Private Schmuckatelli for desertion, he's using a weapon, but that's because rifles are commonly used /defined as (battlefield) weapons. Zyklon B (or whatever they used, I'm no expert) is not considered a weapon, battlefield or otherwise.
maybe we're too hung up on defining 'weapon' as battle/military (which I think most of us do) and defining 'weapon' as 'something to hurt people'. I think in context Spicer definitely meant battle/military use. If Joe Thug shanks me with a knife he used a weapon, even if it's a non-military context.

not trying to get into technical debates with anyone but this is a language technicality. Having been military and an English teacher I feel qualified to address this issue from either aspect.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
So do you or the Frank Center have proof that Hitler did use chemical bombs against german targets?

Let's see:

1. Zyklon B and Cyanide most definitely count as chemical weapons.
2. Jews were German citizens and nationals for hundreds of years until the Nazis decided otherwise.

So yes. Hitler used chemical weapons against German targets. An estimated 500,000 of them (roughly, the number of German Jews who were killed during the holocaust).

never thought I'd see the day where I'd have to explain this.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Holy ad hom, Batman!

Us unscrupulous puritans? Bahahahah oh laws let the butt-hurt flow through you.

"You unscrupulous puritans," "you guys are crooks," "if you were placed," "you would melt under the pressure."

Hmm. Quite a use of the word "you," there. Coming from the poster that consistently goes on grandiloquent rants regarding projection... how interesting.

Oh look, you've criticized a fellow poster for which you yourself are the biggest offender. Your appeals to hypocrisy would make some sense if you weren't the Tartuffe of ATS.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

yeah ok.
he used chemical weapons.

at least once on the battlefield.

then of course the holocaust centers h used to gas HIS people

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

never thought I'd see the day where I'd have to explain this.

It's #ing sad, isn't it? And to a user who literally decided to name themselves 'Deny Ignorance.' Jesus wept.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Oh look, you've criticized a fellow poster for which you yourself are the biggest offender. Your appeals to hypocrisy would make some sense if you weren't the Tartuffe of ATS.

Says the guy who comes across as the Ignatius J. Reilly of ATS.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You realize he was talking talking about chemical weapons on the battlefield right?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Last night I read somewhere or watched video explaining that Hitler (or one of his generals) had considered using chemical weapons (and when i say CW's i mean chemicals contained in munitions) during the Normandy landings but they were unable to create a gas mask that could effectively be used with horses. The ones they had managed to come up with couldn't produce enough airflow that was filtered and seeing as the German army used a lot horses the idea was scrapped.

Heres some more history :

The Polish used Chemical weapons against the Germans

The first incident involving poisonous gas in WWII occurred on the evening of Friday, September 8, 1939 in the village of Jaslo in the south of Poland. (5) Polish troops had tried to blow up a railway bridge over the river Jasiolka. The Poles had used a chemical bomb(6)

As German soldiers from 1. Gebirges-Pionere.Battalion 82 (a battalion of engineer infantry) came to clear the bridge it exploded. The engineer soldiers found the Poles had used a chemical explosive - but that explosive had not exploded - as it exploded 14 solders became mustard gas victims, two of the soldiers died.

An investigation by the German High Command explained that they did not have conventional explosives that used poison gas mines. The LOST (6) mines were, as the German High Command investigation revealed, fabricated in England. (7) The Germans did not take revenge on the Polish army.

rense.com...

As for us British we produced millions of barrels of the stuff that eventually had to be dumped into empty ships and sank all around the coasts of the UK where it still lays leaking into the water as the barrels rust away.

On June 30, 1940 Prime Minister Churchill ordered General Ismay to prepare for use of chemical weapons. He said: "It is my intention not to wait too long before England shall use chemical weapons." (9) In his book on the war and esspecially regarding chemical warfare Günther W Gellermann writes: "Churchill has ready to use chemical weapons should Germany start an invation of England, even though such weapons could harm the British(10)." According to Gellermann this shows how callous Churchill was towards the people of England.

rense.com...

The Gas-Catastrophe in Bari

For years the allies kept a strict secret around what happened in Bari in December of 1943. (13)

The allies did not tell the Italian authorities that one of the American merchant ships had mustard gas on board.
The US merchant Ship John Harvey, 10617 BRT, came on November 28, 1943, her skipper was Captain Edwin F Knowles from Baltimore, Maryland. The ship had 540 tons (14) of mustard gas on board. Only seven US soldiers and their commanding officer, Lieutenant Howard Beckström knew about the mustard gas while none of the crew or the ship captain knew.

On December 2, 1943 the German Luftwaffen with JU 88-bombers attacked the 30 US-transport ships in Bari. The Germans sank 17 ships and damaged 8 more (15). This was almost a Pearl Harbor in the Mediterranean. During the bomb attack the ship John Harvey caught fire, exploded and sank. In the explosion the mustard gas was set free. All those who knew about the mustard gas died. USA did not tell about the gas onboard the John Harvey (16) which led to the poisoning of 328 soldiers and sailors of whom 96 died. Even the number of civilians that died due to mustard gad poisonings was kept quiet. The allies said the dead either died from burning or bronchitis or lung problems(17). Churchill ordered British medical personnel not to tell what the reason was.(18) First in 1974 did English documents come to light which told the reason.

rense.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

This video really doesn't have a great deal to do with any of the arguments, i just found it super interesting.

edit on 12-4-2017 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Just think how bad things have gotten for Democrats when this is the big thing they have to latch onto.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Says the guy who comes across as the Ignatius J. Reilly of ATS.

So says Pearl from the Scarlett Letter.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hmm the Germans used Chlorine gas during trench warfare against the French... 1915. Chlorine gas is great for trenches.. it seeks the lowest point to settle and sits there. Nice in valleys or foothills too... where the enemy is at a lower point than you are positioned.

One of my kids did a paper on chemical weapons and biological weapons in historical battles. Long history of it, thats for sure.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

He was referring to war. Hitler used it on civilians.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Just think how bad things have gotten for Democrats when this is the big thing they have to latch onto.

You have to be trolling surely.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

Those beautiful babies were soldiers?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Interesting seeing ppl here condemning Spicer ..... it is Progressives and Islam who produced the holocaust denier thing.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Not in warfare, true.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Well, I'd like to see Spicer compare Assad to Bibi, because Bibi unleashed white phosphorus bombs over Gaza in 09' and HRW (Human Rights Watch) documented the whole thing.

Israel used chemical weapons on civilians, more than once.

Where's the outrage in that comparison?

Israel has been amazingly silent on just about everything lately..an ominous sign.

Yes Spicer is a stooge used to waste the media and people's time.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hmmm "Ground Zero" always referred to where a Nuclear Bomb was set off..yet that terminology was allowed to be changed...for 9/11.

This happens all the time..

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It is a historical fact that Hitler didn't use chemical weapons.

That depends on the definition of chemical weapons.

www.politifact.com...

Spicer appears to be trying to limit his definition of chemical weapons to those dropped from planes or fired through cannons, as Assad has been alleged to have done.

That sells short the definition in the Chemical Weapons Convention, which took force in 1997. Here’s the convention’s definition:

1. "Chemical Weapons"means the following, together or separately:

(a) Toxic chemicals and their precursors, except where intended for purposes not prohibited under this Convention, as long as the types and quantities are consistent with such purposes;

(b) Munitions and devices, specifically designed to cause death or other harm through the toxic properties of those toxic chemicals specified in subparagraph (a), which would be released as a result of the employment of such munitions and devices;

(c) Any equipment specifically designed for use directly in connection with the employment of munitions and devices specified in subparagraph (b).
The Nazis’ hydrogen cyanide meets the first condition and the gas chambers would qualify as a "device" in the second.

There is no mention that chemical weapons are only those used on the battlefield.

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Interesting seeing ppl here condemning Spicer ..... it is Progressives and Islam who produced the holocaust denier thing.

Oh really?

You do have citations to back this up of course, or is this rectally sourced?

www.ushmm.org...

edit on 12-4-2017 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join