It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spicer claims Hitler never used chemical weapons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Tuesday attempted to argue that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad was even worse than Adolf Hitler, because the German dictator “didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons.” The Nazis gassed millions of Jews in concentration camps.

Spicer tried to compare President Bashar al-Assad to Hitler. “We didn’t use chemical weapons in World War II. You know, you had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons,” Spicer said. “So you have to, if you’re Russia, ask yourself: ‘Is this a country that you, and a regime, that you want to align yourself with?’” When a reporter asked him to clarify his remarks, Spicer responded: “He was not using gas on his own people in the same way that Assad is doing,” adding that Hitler “brought them into the Holocaust centers,” apparently referring to the gas chambers.

he was already walking it back i guess.

Dem chairman has made a comment and the Anne Frank Center is saying he should be fired.

he definitely wasnt thinking thats for sure.

seems like every time he talks he says something stupid.

edit on 11-4-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

At this point I think expecting Spicer or even Trump himself to have any knowledge of history outside of what they "think" happened is wishful thinking.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't see what the controversy is. I totally understand his point. Although I don't think Assad used chemical weapons.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So do you or the Frank Center have proof that Hitler did use chemical bombs against german targets?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

At this point I think expecting Spicer or even Trump himself to have any knowledge of history outside of what they "think" happened is wishful thinking.

Honestly I don't think any of them are thinking anything about what they are saying. They are being told exactly what to say.

This is scripted.
edit on 11-4-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Of all of Trump's appointees...
Spicer is probably the worst.

The guy doesn't have the slightest clue what he is talking about most of the time.

Also, using Godwin's Law, to push for war is probably as heinous as it gets.

Where is the proof that Assad did this?
1 week later and we are still waiting.

Preposterous.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

originally posted by: underwerks

Honestly I don't think any of them are thinking anything about what they are saying. They are being told exactly what to say.

This is scripted.

Probably true as well.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Of course, Zyklon B was just a German made shampoo, you get very dirty hair working in death camps don't you know

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Boy, he doesn't know his stuff about WW11. Hitler used a lot of gasses. The Soldiers had cigarettes in all their lunch stuff to combat the gasses and the prisoners and guards in German concentration camps were fed a lot of potatoes to make sure they had some limited protection against the stray gasses that might hit them.

I remember my Dad talking about seeing soldiers that had died from different gasses. The gas masks the soldiers had weren't just for going in the outhouses.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Holy f#. I just ... O.O

My German husband begs to differ here, strongly.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
As a interesting side note, the looney left keeps calling and comparing Trump to Hitler. Stay classy

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
So do you or the Frank Center have proof that Hitler did use chemical bombs against german targets?

The Nazis refrained for the most part in the battlefield. There is one notable exception: The Battle of Kerch. Look it up.

Then of course there is the fact that the Nazis killed millions of people in concentration camps in gas chambers, some of which could accommodate up to 2,000 people. They used various gases, most commonly hydrogen cyanide (Zyklon B) but also carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide.

I guess it doesn't count if you round people up into a room and kill them with chemical weapons? Or are you denying the Holocaust? (can't help but notice the Anne Frank Center jab)
edit on 2017-4-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
I don't see what the controversy is. I totally understand his point. Although I don't think Assad used chemical weapons.

You realize that putting a bunch of Jews into gas chambers IS using chemical weapons on his people right?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
As a interesting side note, the looney left keeps calling and comparing Trump to Hitler. Stay classy

In other news. This is an offtopic deflection.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
After seeing that clip and hearing it and watching the video the following can be stated:

Did this man even pass a history class when it comes to World War I or World War II? Does he not understand that the people who were mercilessly murdered in Germany, were in fact German Jews, and people that the state found undesirable?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: WUNK22

In other news. This is an offtopic deflection.

Oh now I get it. Hitler apparently never used gas against the Allied forces, even when he was being overrun. I thought that that was what Spicer was getting at; after reading the source however, I see that that isn't what he meant. Spicer was just being stupid.
edit on 11-4-2017 by Aristotelian1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
From wiki

One reported incident indicates the German army eventually used poison gas on survivors of the Battle of Kerch on the Eastern Crimean peninsula. After the battle in mid-May 1942, roughly 3000 soldiers and civilians not evacuated by sea were besieged in a series of caves and tunnels in the nearby Adzhimuskai quarry. After holding out for approximately three months, "poison gas was released into the tunnels, killing all but a few score of the Soviet defenders."[35]

In February 1943, German troops stationed in Kuban received a telegram.[36]

...Russians should be eventually cleared out of the mountain range with gas.

The troops also received two wagons of toxin antidotes

But other than that the Germans didnt ever use chemical weapons tactically during war.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

But even that isn't true. As other posters have pointed out there is the Battle of Kerch.

Also, keep in mind that the chemical weapon attack that Syria allegedly used was against its people too. If the claims are true then Syria didn't use chemical weapons tactically either.
edit on 11-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

The Nazis refrained for the most part in the battlefield. There is one notable exception: The Battle of Kerch. Look it up.

Then of course there is the fact that the Nazis killed millions of people in concentration camps in gas chambers, some of which could accommodate up to 2,000 people. They used various gases, most commonly hydrogen cyanide (Zyklon B) but also carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide.

I guess it doesn't count if you round people up into a room and kill them with chemical weapons? Or are you denying the Holocaust? (can't help but notice the Anne Frank Center jab)

There apparently was a cover up of the use of gasses by the Germans by our government. I suppose they wanted to have soldiers in the future so they made it appear that Hitler adhered to the ban. My father said they came across some US soldiers that were dead without any wounds and they said it was some sort of gas that killed them. He got captured about two weeks after that, he was pretty shot up, he still had shrapnel in him when he died back in the early seventies and scars on his leg and shoulder. He spent over six months in the German camp.

The Germans used gas sometimes during that war, mostly when they were losing an area. I heard that from some Vets that used to talk about the war. Of course, all of those people that could contest it are gone or so old their memories are failing.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Of course, Zyklon B was just a German made shampoo, you get very dirty hair working in death camps don't you know

Actually it was a pesticide. Hence term "extermination".

The use, in historical context, is completely different then "weaponizing" chemicals for combat and USING them in combat or to put down an insurrection.

I do not understand how such an idiotic comment can be made by the Press Secretary of the US as the clarification and distinction must be exact by making such a broad brushed statement; but there is a difference from weaponizing and using chemicals (NBC) in combat and those used inside a machined, planned and finely organized attempt of genocide.

Shameful to even bring this type of hair splitting argument-up by the Press Secretary.

mg

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join