It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green fireball California

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

It's the right area for an ASW test, which is why I said it's possible. That's the right array of aircraft for a test too. The EP-3 could be used for signals data, the P-3, CP-140, and P-8 to localise the target for the system being tested, and monitor underwater performance.

It looks like a meteor, but if they were going to test a new ASROC system that would be the place and the aircraft to do it.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It resembles something that happened last year.

There is so much Military here in San Diego.

The people who actually saw it.

Say it was not a meteor.

It's a nice break from politics anyway.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's the right area for an ASW test, which is why I said it's possible. That's the right array of aircraft for a test too. The EP-3 could be used for signals data, the P-3, CP-140, and P-8 to localise the target for the system being tested, and monitor underwater performance.

It looks like a meteor, but if they were going to test a new ASROC system that would be the place and the aircraft to do it.

Well I gotta say, I for one am all for the kind of testing you're
referring to. And if that's what this was then I hope the test
was a successful one and leads to some great achievements
in the use of such technologies. Awesome

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

It's a nice break from politics anyway.

Gawd isn't it tho?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

Can I ask why you are interested?

IDK I guess because I saw it?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

but you saw many things today. you made this one a title, or whoever made it. you are trying to find a common thing that you saw ..and that the other people saw and probably too found interesting? and again why?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xbeta

but you saw many things today. you made this one a title, or whoever made it. you are trying to find a common thing that you saw ..and that the other people saw and probably too found interesting? and again why?

Are you trolling my thread? And why?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

no, really it is interesting. why interesting. the same reason as yours

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

the same reason as yours

Because that's what we do here? Really?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

the same reason as yours

Because that's what we do here? Really?

Wow, that guy is going to fit right in...

🛃

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Meteors breaking through the atmosphere have been a disturbing trend for the last 5-10 years. The news media have even dubbed the summer as "fireball season."

I know it's more comforting for people to think they're "rockets" or just "space junk," but it has pretty much been confirmed there has been an uptick of meteors entering the atmosphere over the past 5-10 years.Meteor uptick
edit on 11-4-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Could have been NASA spraying some chems into the atmosphere again.

They send rockets up from time to time with chems that get released into various levels of the atmosphere. I believe they're studying the plasma and other parts of the ozone n what nots.

The chems usually result in colored auroras and streaks as they interact with the elements in the atmosphere.

I haven't read the entire thread yet though, so if it's already been identified in the previous pages, my apologies.
edit on 11-4-2017 by essentialtremors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: I1Am1Ready1Are1You

Greetings fellow Nebraskan ATSer!
Seems we have more Nebraskans on here than I thought there would be.

edit on 11-4-2017 by essentialtremors because: words are hard

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Missile test over SoCal 2015

Looks like the same thing...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm a night driver myself and out on the roads every night from 1:45-6:00 am or so. I am around the Okeechobee area of Florida, so pretty much out in the country with clear views of big dark skies.
Sunday night I saw a huge green meteor that was very long lasting. Enough so that for a half a second I actually thought to myself ruto this one is going to hit. Fizzled out finally.

I'd guess it lasted at least five seconds. Came from the SSE heading NNW. lLike you no time to take a picture because first of all it just surprises you and it happenes so fast. Not to mention you are driving.

While I see many of these, I do expect to see quite a few a little later this month as one of the bigger showers will be occurring. The Lyrids. This shower will be visiable for over a week with the peak day being on the 22. Should really be a great week, weekend to be looking up.

Best times to look wil be after midnight till sunrise. They will basically be coming from the NNE, but shooting out in many different directions.

I expect there will be a lot of sightings reported of all sorts, lol if you get my drift!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

While I see many of these, I do expect to see quite a few a little later this month as one of the bigger showers will be occurring. The Lyrids. This shower will be visiable for over a week with the peak day being on the 22. Should really be a great week, weekend to be looking up.

Great post driver and I do agree with you.
I think meteor sightings and reports are going to increase
not just during expected showers but overall as we on
earth move forward to whatever destiny awaits humanity.
I believe history shows us only one thing is certain. Change.
edit on Ram41217v13201700000057 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Appears to be a classic fireball to me. Fast, starts tiny and flares rapidly in a steep trajectory. Most likely fragmented into 3 or 4 pieces which individually detonated as they hit dense atmosphere probably at about 30 to 40 miles up. Textbook really, and seen by many witnesses over a considerable area. Closest shower is Lyrids, in which Earth does not hit that stream until the 18th of April, so could be a stray or a fringe. There are enough eye witnesses and video for the AMS to get a rough orbital trajectory, and it should tell if it was a Lyrid or not.

Lyra is visible from the northern hemisphere from spring through autumn, and nearly overhead, in temperate latitudes, during the summer months.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I saw one last week over northeast Travis Co. out here in Austin, TX. A bright green fireball.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join