It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tillerson issued an ultimatum to Russia to choose between Assad and US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
What a idiot!

You don’t back Russia and ESPECIALLY Putin into corners with Ultimatums. History shows that over and over again!

What sort of dumb oafs has the Cheeto King filled his cabinet with?

Anyone with even a basic knowledge of strategy knows to always leave an escape route the fact there isn't one indicates either he is incompetent or alternatively wants a war.
edit on 11-4-2017 by khnum because: spelling

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

What a idiot!

You don’t back Russia and ESPECIALLY Putin into corners with Ultimatums. History shows that over and over again!

Anyone with even a basic knowledge of strategy knows to always leave an escape route the fact there isn't one indicates either he is incompetent or alternatively wants a war.

I think the idiot has found himself in a job well above his skill level.

It what you get when you fill your job position with friends or people who brought the position.

edit on 11-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Theodore Roosvavelt your greatest president said to speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Donlad Trump foreign policy seems to be to stumble around like a retarded elephant shouting obscenities while flaying the big stick blindly.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

What a idiot!

I thought the ATS rule was to only call politicians by their proper name outside the mud pit.

But for some reason it is never enforced when calling Trump childish names.

Has the rule changed or is enforcement arbitrary depneding on the politics of mods?

edit on 11-4-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

What a idiot!

I thought the ATS rule was to only call politicians by their proper name outside the mud pit.

But for some reason it is never enforced when calling Trump childish names.

Has the rule changed or is enforcement arbitrary depneding on the politics of mods?

Trump is not worthy of my respect. Nor was Obama or Bush.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Trump is not worthy of my respect.

So what? The position he holds, is.

If you can't stomach the position holder, than refer to them by the position title only.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Unfortunately mass murder and mayhem goes with the position so its hard to respect the office let alone its holder in fact the only President that never waged war is one official history doesn't treat kindly Carter.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

If your not American you dont have to respect either,you do have to follow this websites protocols however and be polite in such matters

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Trump is not worthy of my respect.

So what? The position he holds, is.

If you can't stomach the position holder, than refer to them by the position title only.

Nope.

I call no one sir, Lord King or President.

You EARN my respect I dont give it because a title says they should have it.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This sounds oddly familiar...

De'ja vu

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Tillerson is right. Putin needs to choose. Putin could blow a great chance to make a friendship with the US with the Assad thing. Time to bury the hatchet.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Theodore Roosvavelt your greatest president said to speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Donlad Trump foreign policy seems to be to stumble around like a retarded elephant shouting obscenities while flaying the big stick blindly.

He is your duly elected king. Bow before the royal emblem. We will have no more of this autistic screeching.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
This sounds oddly familiar...

Well seeing that there were many prophecies in the Bible about the regathering of Israel, since it has been fulfilled Putin needs to honor his faith and stop backing a man who refuses to recognize the state of Israel. ie. Assad.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

In principle I agree that a more logical friend should be exactly the Christian (oops) USA that Russia fought together two world wars.

However, that choice has been made MANY TIMES OVER after the Cold War. The vice versus has not been made. Should I list all events in the last 2 decades that were always "justified", including shooting at Russian peacekeepers in Georgia? Certainly not all of them were commanded by Washington. But also not all of the dictators were commanded by Moscow.

There is no proof as so far of Assad chemical use. As Putin said, it is absolutely illogical at the time Assad's forces advance, he to use chemical weapons in insignificant town. Held by Al-Nusra...that name may explain everything. because we know they are kind of Al Qaeda. Are they the friends of USA that USA prefers them before Russia?

I do not think Assad should be backed at all cost. There should be some political process. Remember what happened when the evil doers Gaddafi and Saddam were overthrown by the justified actions of USA and Europe. Those dictators needed to be overthrown. But not in the way USA did it, to leave behind vacuum quickly filled by mujaheddin. Those "people" should not be called freedom fighters for democracy.

edit on 12-4-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Kremlin dismisses calls on Russia to distance itself from Assad as absurd

MOSCOW, April 12. TASS.
The calls on Russia to distance itself from Syrian President Bashar Assad are short-sighted and absurd as they disregard the need to fight against terrorism and political settlement in Syria, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters.
Russia considers that its key goals are the fight against the Islamic State terrorist group and a search for political and diplomatic settlement in Syria, Peskov said. "We believe that posing a question on the need to distance from Assad, without mentioning two major goals, are short-sighted," he said.

Peskov noted that Assad is a legitimate leader from the viewpoint of the international law and is also a commander-in-chief of Syria’s army, which is fighting against international terrorists, who have occupied a major part of the country’s territory. In its turn, Russia supports Damascus in this fight.

"That’s why posing a question that Russia should stop supporting Assad and therefore stop backing his efforts in the fight against ISIL (former name of the Islamic State terrorist group outlawed in Russia) sound in a rather absurd way as de facto this is probably relevant to the calls to stop assistance and play into the hands of terrorists so that they could continue offensive against the legitimate authorities of Syria," he said.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
oooooo.... Tillerson gave Russia an 'ultimatum'. They must be shaking in their shoes. Not.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

they are talking with Putin now. Let see what the result will be. Russia already rejected any ultimatum to abandon Assad.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What is your alternative? What is your solution to this problem?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
What is your alternative? What is your solution to this problem?

I agree, there must be great alternatives that aren't being used or offered up. Share them, maybe we can put them in the suggestion box.

I would also think that maybe there isn't an escape route, no one has come forward with this basic fundamental strategy, it must not exist.

Damn, I wish they had one.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Those dictators kept violent Islamic factions in check.....

Sometimes the only way to stem the tide is to be more ruthless than the people you're dealing with....

Anyone who thinks we are doing right by deposing and killing world leaders clearly isn't thinking with logic....

I served my time, I watched brothers die, I watched others come home in pieces and yet still others return broken in a way that cannot be fixed....

I'm sick and tired of trying to spread our brand of "freedom" to other countries who do not want it, at the cost of my brothers and sisters....all under the guise of justice, whenthats not what it's about at all

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join