It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tillerson issued an ultimatum to Russia to choose between Assad and US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

LUCCA, Italy (AP) -- U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson issued an ultimatum to Russia on Tuesday: Side with the U.S. and likeminded countries on Syria, or embrace Iran, militant group Hezbollah and embattled Syrian leader Bashar Assad. hosted.ap.org...

That is the last step in a road that goes directly into WW3 confrontation. Russia already warned, thru Putin, Medvedev, and generals before that. What if the "ultimatum" is not accepted? Russia cannot back off Assad after backing him so hard, without losing any credibility on international arena.

So...prepare for the bunkers?

edit on 11-4-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart

LUCCA, Italy (AP) -- U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson issued an ultimatum to Russia on Tuesday: Side with the U.S. and likeminded countries on Syria, or embrace Iran, militant group Hezbollah and embattled Syrian leader Bashar Assad. hosted.ap.org...

That is the last step in a road that goes directly into WW3 confrontation. Russia already warned, thru Putin, Medvedev, and generals before that. What if the "ultimatum" is not accepted? Russia cannot back off Assad after backing him so hard, without losing any credibility on international arena.

So...prepare for the bunkers?

Get the bottlecaps and the old 5 crank laser . Dont forget to put your Vault Tec Vault Suit on. Oh , yeah , have plenty of RadAway

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Nope. Nothing to really be concerned about. It's all hype until you start seeing pretty atomic clouds popping up around you. I'd take these stories with a grain of salt. It's a very tense situation but so far there have been no major calls to mobilize an army or any forces of any kind from the US side.

To me it's all just smack talk still.

So to answer your question. No bunkers, no bug-out bags, no doomsday prepping.

edit on 11-4-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yeah, Putin has to choose between a long time ally or a country that has bashed him for many years. Uh-huh. So he has to believe that the USA and certain allies that supports organizations to overthrow governments that do not bow down to them will just be friends of Russia.

This is all about building empires, there are some powerful people who want to control the world. They will take down anyone who do not allow that to happen. I think our congressmen should question if following these people running this world takeover are trustworthy. They are not for the people, they are trying to build an empire. There will be no elected officials under their eventual rule. These politicians are not the smartest of creatures.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I am not worried yet... but the level of concern is rising.

If my friends on Active duty start getting mobilization orders, then I will head for the hills.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What a idiot!

You don’t back Russia and ESPECIALLY Putin into corners with Ultimatums. History shows that over and over again!

What sort of dumb oafs has the *SNIP* filled his cabinet with?

edit on 4/11/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So last week Trump and Putin conspired to take everything over.

This week they are going to start WW3.

No wonder nobody believes any of this crap.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The United Nations have 193 members. Why can't they all get together, call out Usa and Russia to calm tf down, protest and remind that most people on Earth doesn't give a flying # about Syria? Yet those two very concerned can destroy lifes of anyone living on this piece of rock.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Ya know, I'm almost scared for you having that avatar. I read somewhere he HATES that.
Just sayin.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: KiwiNite

Ya know, I'm almost scared for you having that avatar. I read somewhere he HATES that.
Just sayin.

that's exactly why I'm having it

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If I were you I would change it, there reach is long and far.

Buck

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

His friends refer to him as Cheet McTweeto...

...Silly...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Tillerson is pulling the old GWB nonsense out of his bag of tricks?, the old " you're either with us or you're with the terrorists" nonsense?.

Oh Goody...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

I'm absolutely totally and completely sickened with everything Syria/Russian.

One of my guiding principles in life, as drilled into my head by my dad as a girl, is that the first time someone refuses to take "no" for an answer is the first sign that person cannot be trusted. An ultimatum is the ultimate refusal to take "no" for an answer. I don't trust them... and Russia and Syria cannot trust them either!

I don't know what the hell these guys are thinking. But I'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I hope Tillerson and company will try to avoid eating or drinking anything while in Russia. And stay clear of umbrellas.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The US is still hell-bent on policing the world... Giving countries ultimatums?? Who has ever done that to the us

Join us or be put on the axis of evil... Because we run the world and are free to bomb any country we see fit?
I can't wait for the day when the roles are reversed....

And we think its other countries who are the threat to WWW3? The only Nuke threat is the one with the most nukes and has already used them on innocent non military combatant souls.

As for Syria, the American people will eat any tripe flung their way. It's like we haven't seen all this before? Seriously?
Why is the US there, or mettling in China's affairs? When has any country stopped us and intervened in our greed and corruption?
edit on 11-4-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Honestly, I've been waiting for the war between the US and Russia my entire life; I really hope they would hurry up, and just blow each other up. This is like watching some bad Hollywood movie.

There's literally no reason for Russia to side with countries that openly support terrorism and supply terrorists and use them for their own selfish purposes. If however, Russia was to side with the US, and turn their backs on Assad, it would be because the US had promised them that they will remove all sanctions against them over annexing Crimea, which seems like a possibility, but honestly, I don't think it's a likely one.

So, Russia, Iran and Syria over the US led coalition any day of the year. I want to be on the right side of history.

edit on 230k2017Tuesdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Tillerson really loves the Islamic State it seems.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

If you're the United States, how can you hate your kid?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Indeed, Trump is only 2 + months president, he already said that Putin is a good person or something like that. And now ultimatum. Let see what will be the result of the talks in Moscow.

Couldn't be there theoretical possibility that the rebels got chemical weapons? Putin said there should be independent investigation.

And beyond the incident, however deplorable it is. Is it worth the new standoff between Russia and USA? Because the things go exactly in that direction.

Add to that North Korea, South China Sea, and we may not live long enough to see the end of this presidential mandate.

I liked Trump, but what is being done is putting the world into the corner...and that is non negotiable anymore, even if declared to be ultimatum by the US president, by the Russian president, by the pope, by Dalai Lama...because it concerns our life and that of our children.

I remember Chernobyl time. At one moment when realizing the blunt truth, the people stopped caring what the Party thought or said as true, they started caring for their children regardless of political lines. Because when the nuclear radiation comes, it doesn't recognize borders or political color...WW3 will be much worse than Chernobyl or Fukushima.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join