It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery in africa happening today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don't believe I said American was better or without guilt. We do have laws against this sort of thing though.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Slavery is alive and well i the modern world. Trafficking sex slaves is big business world wide and has to stop.

Yes, it is. ...and it's shockingly easy to find, if you know what to look for, or so it's been told to me by folks who know.

I cringe when I see people referring to having a low paying job or being forced to pay taxes or work for a monster corporation as slavery. While those circumstances may not be ideal, or even fair in any sense of the word, they are not slavery.

So do I. It makes light of what is a horrific circumstance.

Throwing around words like slavery, nazi, phobe, etc, just cheapens the word and renders it meaningless. These are not cheap meaningless things. Now we have soup nazi's, traffic nazi's, fashion nazi's, and so on. Someone decided that was a funny term and probably got a laugh or two.

There's more than a bit of truth to that. They're used to shut down conversation/debate when said debate is going against the one using it.

And same day these people will come fact to face with the real deal. I wonder how funny they will think it is...

Not very, I'm thinking. 'cause those sorts aren't very funny, at all.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes we do, and that's all to the good. Save for one minor detail...

It's utterly unenforceable, or the ones it's enforced against aren't the ones we should really, really want. The money behind it goes, for the most part, untouched.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

And same day these people will come fact to face with the real deal. I wonder how funny they will think it is...

We pay dearly to live in our gilded cages, so we have to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear in order to continue the illusion. We live in a time where we allow blame of the wronged, in hopes that attention will be drawn away from us; unless we are the one that was wronged.

We have to realize that every time we allow another to be treated unjustly, we are seconds from suffering the same fate. Remember a few years ago when the motto was, "Just say no"? Now "no" will get you beat bloody, dragged from a seat that you paid for, and will cause your shop to be burned to the ground.

We are not growing more humane. We are selling off any hope of a happy and free future for our children. We look back and we see the good and the bad of the legacies that we inherited. What kind of legacy are we leaving? What will we leave that will make future generations proud?

Will we honored or despised?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The UK did lead, but the US was the only nation that went so far as to fight an internal war to end it. Whatever that means.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I don't believe I said American was better or without guilt. We do have laws against this sort of thing though.

What good are laws when the crime continues to grow?

Laws alone are obviously not the solution.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The UK did lead, but the US was the only nation that went so far as to fight an internal war to end it. Whatever that means.

Thats more a examp,e of how retarded Americans are seeing as the British , Spanish and French ditched Slavery without a civil war

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

That was hardly the only issue involved in our one Civil War. How many has Spain had? England? Careful with the high horse there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join