It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on why he didn't just up and send in the troops.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Lookie here, I criticized Obama for a lot of things, but on this he made sense and I think he was on point, yes he fked-up elsewhere , as in Libya so that's fair game, but not crossing that red line he self imposed, is ok by me, for one thing he didn't have congressional approval, yes that sounds wordy to some, but it is important, I can understand seeing he horrible images of babies gassed to death ,I understand why Trump or most other POTUS would want to do something immediately like fireing off a few rounds, but there are the images of bombed babies before then, well some many ask how much worst could it have been if he had crossed that red line, the answer look at Iraq, post Saddam, which of our friends would have jumped into help us police a post Assad regime when even our own congress didn't even approve, yes Senator McCain and Hillary would have been down among other hawks.

So the million dollar question are we prepared to take on Iran and Russia over Assad.
Btw it was the Russian's responsibility to take the chems away from Assad as part of the brokered deal making with the U.S.

edit on 11-4-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Lookie here, I criticized Obama for a lot of things, but on this he made sense and I think he was on point, yes he fked-up elsewhere , as in Libya so that's fair game, but not crossing that red line he self imposed, is ok by me, for one thing he didn't have congressional approval, yes that sounds wordy to some, but it is important, I can understand seeing he horrible images of babies gassed to death ,I understand why Trump or most other POTUS would want to do something immediately like fireing off a few rounds, but there are the images of bombed babies before then, well some many ask how much worst could it have been if he had crossed that red line, the answer look at Iraq, post Saddam, which of our friends would have jumped into help us police a post Assad regime when even our own congress didn't even approve, yes Senator McCain and Hillary would have been down among other hawks.

So the million dollar question are we prepared to take on Iran and Russia over Assad.
Btw it was the Russian's responsibility to take the chems away from Assad as part of the brokered deal making with the U.S.

Right mate, it almost goes without saying that Obama's perspective is true and correct, never mind that many of the images of Syria have been falsified and made propaganda for those at home's consumption, and probably for some lower down politicians who really don't know all the answers. Just because there are so many flaky people posting here about what Obama didn't do as opposed to what Trump might do about Syria...go in guns blazing ETC; it's because they are simply biased, and worst of all, they don't even listen to what Trump has been saying all along..."America first"...a total contradiction to even the firing of a number of missiles that he has done...and that alone has got a lot of Republicans angry, even though the action did little effect. Don't get annoyed with these flaky guys, they are in doo lallyland.

(post by mekhanics removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I've been agreeing with Obama on this decision for 3 years now, but even he doesn't like how his decision turned out. I NEVER wanted to go to war with Syria or shoot missiles at them. I was in the hornet's nest we stirred up in Iraq and I don't want to see us repeat that mistake. But it's probably too late for that now.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

But he did send troops. Just not US troops. He sent ISIS and Al Queada.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Obama totally f'd up in Syria ("No more chem weapons in Syria")...just like he did in Libya, Iraq and God knows where else.

People are clearly seeing how wrong/dishonest he was regarding Syria's chemical weapons now, so I can see why his fan base is now frantically running out to prop him up.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The interesting thing is that Obama is condemned for doing what Trump claimed he would do, and Trump is praised for doing what Republicans were afraid that Obama would do.

Nah, there's nothing wrong with the logic there.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I'm sure you can back up such an ignorant statement.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
In all of Obama's presidency, not once did I expect to die. Every time the satellite messes up I get a real nervous feeling that they finally did it. Makes jobs seem far away and unimportant now.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

www.huffingtonpost.com...

well aren't most non interdiction people saying that isis and al queada, are supported by U.S.. and doesn't every alphabet agency that can covertly send weapons or money to them fall under the Executive Branch. or was just under the bush admin that happened in. remember macain went to syria during the obama years if i recall correctly
from 2013 there are more
Obama Meets With Former Foe John McCain at the White House
John McCain Visits Syria To Meet With Rebel Leadership

edit on 11-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I don't and have never said that. Am I not part of "everybody"?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: watchitburn

I'm sure you can back up such an ignorant statement.

If he can't I darn sure can.
journal-neo.org...

In their report, BIRN and OCCRP stated that the acquisition of significant amounts of military weapons from the countries of Central and Eastern Europe for the Syrian opposition were directly controlled by Washington. Earlier, the respected military journal Jane’s Defence Weekly in its article “US arms shipment to Syrian rebels detailed” stated that the US supplies the Syrian opposition with weapons and ammunition from Eastern Europe, and noted that these facts were almost officially recognized by the US Senate.

Over the last five years, Ukraine alone has sold nearly 615,000 small arms to Syria. But it’s curious that its official customers are not third world nations, but large Western companies like Hire & Fire, IZH Impex Inc, Waffen Schumacher GmbH, BVS, spol. Sro – all buying old Soviet weapons en masse. In 2012 alone the American Hire & Fire made an accusation of 90,000 Soviet rifles. That’s almost enough to arm four divisions, and in just one year.

Reports on US arms purchases provided by SOCOM show that it paid at least 27 million dollars for Bulgarian weapons and 12 million dollars for Serbian weapons and ammunition in a period from 2014 to 2016 that were supposed to be used for covert operations in Syria. Since December 2015, SOCOM commissioned three cargo ships to transport 4,700 tonnes of weapons and ammunition from the port of Constanta in Romania and Burgas in Bulgaria to the Middle East.

The Montenegro Defence Industry has already exported 250 tons of ammunition and 10,000 grenade launchers to Saudi Arabia since August 2015 for them to be smuggled to Syria. The British SkyNews channel conducted a journalistic investigation, which resulted in uncovering the largest weapons supply channel from Ukraine and some countries of Eastern Europe to the Middle East.

That is why Washington and its European allies are particularly interested in the Syrian conflict to be protracted, preventing people from enjoying peace only to profit from their “bloody business”.

So we must be prepared for new evil designs to be disclosed as new communities in Syria and Iraq are liberated from militants, unleashed by the Obama administration and its European allies.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
He's still towing the populist agenda though - murderous Assad regime and all with no evidence that they caused the chemical attacks, no mention that they're fighting foreign backed jihadists.

Did you ever see Bush's interviews after he was president? Same thing, very lucid, very intelligent, actually made me sympathise with him. As far as I'm concerned its just for show.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It's documented fact that we armed and provided support to Assad's opposition.

That opposition being Isis and Al Queada fighters.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The interesting thing is that Obama is condemned for doing what Trump claimed he would do, and Trump is praised for doing what Republicans were afraid that Obama would do.

Nah, there's nothing wrong with the logic there.

Dat political logic!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Did Obama have congressional approval to drone strike the hell out of everywhere? Google how many civilians died in Obama drone strikes. The only thing "brilliant" about Obama is how he manages to have any followers.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There is absolutely no difference between the Trump strike in 2017 and Clintons strike in 1998.

Obama owns Syria.

Cutting and running from Iraq and leaving the power vacuum created todays Syria.

Obama creating the 'friends' of Syria is another element to the cluster eff in Syria.

Obamas asinine comment about being more flexible after his election. Reference to Russia Relations.

Obamas saber rattling of red lines only to say 'Just kidding'.

Obama didn't have a problem bombing people.

The guy droned more people than GW.

And he did oust Gadaffi for WHATEVER reason.

edit on 11-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
President Obama followed international law and the US Constitution and sought authority from the Congress for an act of war.

That was refused.

President Trump defied international law and the US Constitution and illegally committed an act of war against a sovreign nation.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join