It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current military related projects.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Lets just say I have to many pokers in the fire right now all my projects are in stages of being done but none finished. What project do you think I should work on that would prove out to be the most useful.

I personally think the anti personal round has good promise but because it is designed to brake/expand in the target it can't be used in open warfare. But it could be used in counter terrorist actions or by police/swat. No I can't show you pictures or video of the test firings of the rounds just incase I might be able to patent it later on. But I will let you see what the target looked like after it was hit.

current projects

Anti Personal Round - best used in shot guns but can be used in other weapons. Test with a .22 wound tracks of around .97 with some fragmentation. Shot gun rounds 12ga 2 size variations large size close range shell 6 per shell wound track path with a diameter of 3 inch with round braking up inside the target. Med range shell holds 18 per shell leaving 1.5 - 2 inch diameter wound tracks with round braking up inside the target.

Pic is from a early test the round broke up to early. There is no pressure sensitive dye in the gel.

Body armor Cooling system - using a wicking material with active closed loop water cooling with a average of 40-120 gallons a hour flow rate and run time of around 3-8 hours depending on speed of flow. weight of system 8.5 pounds. estimated 140-300 watts of heat transfer away from the body.

Sense this is on a military kind of topic though I should post here if not move it at your will.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by shadarlocoth]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
that bullet was invented a while ago, sry. i dont no about the water.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
its not a bullet in the normal way...

normal rounds are like Full metal jacket, jacketed holopoints, ball, lead, explosive.

mine is not like these rounds above.

lets say you shot a shot gun slug thats 12ga. the bullet wound track would only be about 15% to 25% bigger after exiting the target even a holo point does not widen that much lets say a 9mm only expands to around 12mm

mine on the other had for ease will round. goes form .25 to 3.00 at max expation. Here is a pic of a .45 round hitting gel.

The light red around the bullet path is where the gel was stressed only only the dark red is acual damage the light red is just from the tempary cavaty made by the round passing.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by shadarlocoth]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
i have been tryin to dig up info on a military/non military project. Its Called the "Hybrid" project...its idea is to create a human with animal abilitys for war purposes for more info go to my archives on it in government progects section of ats but if you have heard of this....well then whhens it gonna be done?

[edit on 2-2-2005 by CMAN]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
One little problem - the Geneva convention specifically bans expanding and other "inhumane" bullets from being used in military conflict.

This is why virtually all armies use FMJ ammo even though it is less effective in virtually all circumstances...

new topics

top topics

join