It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a Little Something....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The assumption, if advanced life existed, it would have made itself known.

As humans, we have the ability to project what we expect, onto that of every facet of our lives. This self-prophesied outlook, this hope that another life would contact us with the method we devised is nothing more than presumptuous arrogance. This is the same method of self-delusion that can be seen in our process to self-medicate, self-administer the bullsh*t pill we all come to love. We missed the scope of the ordeal, meanwhile, books continue to teach. Yet, they never changed.

We missed the point, we presume only what we wish to see. Therefore, nothing fits, unless it fits our view. Theories are plentiful, spiritual guidance is a choice but the path to finding our true other may be just around the corner. Yet that corner does not exist.

We built systems to measure, they built systems to measure. Meanwhile, we are all looking through the wrong funnel, waiting to see the other shining the torch.

The presumption is beautiful, it lets the shadows sleep, while the darkness changes the data when you wake. Nothing can be more abstract than our ability to lie to ourselves.

In the end, the endless ocean is plentiful and our distant cousins will show. It is until that point that our minds will see and our eyes will close.

-Black Project
edit on 10-4-2017 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Much like the way we destroy our own ecology in the name of progress and civilization.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

The amazing thing is that advanced life could be trying to make itself known to us right now. But I think humans simply lack the technology to notice it. On top of that, we assume that our limitations also affect them. Here's what I mean:

1. Visible light. The vast majority of light isn't visible to humans (radio waves, microwaves, UV rays, infrared, etc). So for all we know, they could be projecting complex holograms to us in complex mixtures of these and we'd literally never see them. Ironically, many animals can detect UV rays so they'd be able to see some things that we couldn't.

2. Sound. Sound is just vibrations & it's pitch is measured in Hertz (a Hertz is one wave per second). Human ears can generally only detect vibrations/sounds between 20Hz and 20,000 Hz. By comparison, elephant communications can include sounds as low as 5 Hz while bats and dolphins can hear up to 100,000 Hz. In other words, advanced civilizations could be blasting entire songs, speeches, or diatribes at us right now.

3. Size & camouflage. Humans are surrounded by lifeforms all the time and we don't notice them. I'm not just talking about microbes and insects either. Even larger animals like snakes, lizards, mice, and birds can be near us without most humans noticing. This is because we tend to ignore small and "irrelevant" things. So I think that a truly advanced civilization would master basic camouflage/stealth and nanotechnology, meaning we probably wouldn't notice their pebble-sized space probes even if they were in our driveways. They may not even mean to camouflage them, just as most animals don't intentionally camouflage themselves.

4. Speed. What if lifeforms on other planets exist at vastly different speeds than us? I mean drastic differences, like each one living for 1 million Earth years and saying one word in their language takes 10 Earth years. Or an entire "lifetime" for them lasts less than a few Earth hours. Even if they showered us with communications, it might take us a few millenia for us to receive a full message from them (or only a few milliseconds). Is our technology even set up for such scenarios? This leads me to #5.

5. Technology. We're such noobs when it comes to technology that I think it's actually pretty arrogant (almost even insolent) for us to ask why they haven't contacted us yet. 100 years ago, we still had soldiers on horseback. We can all acknowledge the "amazing" progress we've made in just 100 years, right? Well imagine us in another 1,000 years if we don't have a major system reset. Everything we think is "advanced" now will seem as "advanced" as learning to use flint to make fires.

In other words, advanced civilizations could be showering us with their versions of wireless technology that use particles and waves that we don't even know can be used for those purposes. Their technology could be so advanced that it would be like earthworms stumbling across a DVD player. Would they even recognize the DVD player as a tool, much less understand its intended use? Because that's how I see us "understanding" their attempts to contact us.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

" Therefore, nothing fits, unless it fits our view."

Agreed. If youre "human". You cant place certain requirements to fit what you and we think is adequate "criteria".

There are forms of communication and presence we arent even aware of yet because we do not yet possess the capacity to recognize what it is...yet still, its there.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: BlackProject

The amazing thing is that advanced life could be trying to make itself known to us right now. But I think humans simply lack the technology to notice it. On top of that, we assume that our limitations also affect them. Here's what I mean:

1. Visible light. The vast majority of light isn't visible to humans (radio waves, microwaves, UV rays, infrared, etc). So for all we know, they could be projecting complex holograms to us in complex mixtures of these and we'd literally never see them. Ironically, many animals can detect UV rays so they'd be able to see some things that we couldn't.

2. Sound. Sound is just vibrations & it's pitch is measured in Hertz (a Hertz is one wave per second). Human ears can generally only detect vibrations/sounds between 20Hz and 20,000 Hz. By comparison, elephant communications can include sounds as low as 5 Hz while bats and dolphins can hear up to 100,000 Hz. In other words, advanced civilizations could be blasting entire songs, speeches, or diatribes at us right now.

3. Size & camouflage. Humans are surrounded by lifeforms all the time and we don't notice them. I'm not just talking about microbes and insects either. Even larger animals like snakes, lizards, mice, and birds can be near us without most humans noticing. This is because we tend to ignore small and "irrelevant" things. So I think that a truly advanced civilization would master basic camouflage/stealth and nanotechnology, meaning we probably wouldn't notice their pebble-sized space probes even if they were in our driveways. They may not even mean to camouflage them, just as most animals don't intentionally camouflage themselves.

4. Speed. What if lifeforms on other planets exist at vastly different speeds than us? I mean drastic differences, like each one living for 1 million Earth years and saying one word in their language takes 10 Earth years. Or an entire "lifetime" for them lasts less than a few Earth hours. Even if they showered us with communications, it might take us a few millenia for us to receive a full message from them (or only a few milliseconds). Is our technology even set up for such scenarios? This leads me to #5.

5. Technology. We're such noobs when it comes to technology that I think it's actually pretty arrogant (almost even insolent) for us to ask why they haven't contacted us yet. 100 years ago, we still had soldiers on horseback. We can all acknowledge the "amazing" progress we've made in just 100 years, right? Well imagine us in another 1,000 years if we don't have a major system reset. Everything we think is "advanced" now will seem as "advanced" as learning to use flint to make fires.

In other words, advanced civilizations could be showering us with their versions of wireless technology that use particles and waves that we don't even know can be used for those purposes. Their technology could be so advanced that it would be like earthworms stumbling across a DVD player. Would they even recognize the DVD player as a tool, much less understand its intended use? Because that's how I see us "understanding" their attempts to contact us.

These things you mention are certainly those that continue to allude our perception, so yes I most certainly agree. It is also the things we are not yet in tune with, knowledge of.

But yes, good list.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It does take some intelligence to find other intelligence. Unfortunately there is not too much intelligence on this planet, but there is some chilbolton arecibo message
edit on 11-4-2017 by kwakakev because: fixed link

join