It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lord of the Rings Online

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I've been playing in Middle Earth lately and having quite a time! LoTRO is an older game, circa 2007 or so. Graphics are abit dated and the gameplay is fairly average. However, the lore is quite spot on!

I spend the weekend in Bree in and about The Prancing Pony. Took a horse ride through the Lone Lands and ventured to the top of Weathertop!

Had a few brief conversations with Strider and Gandalf as well. Ventured into Riverndell and passed by Legolas, Gimli and Frodo!

Quite a fun time. Minor nerdgasms were had but they were plentiful.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

i used to play a lot... still have it downloaded on my laptop, but im sure it needs an update...

Try riding to Isengard.... its something to see, and damn hard to make the ride alive

I made it though... looks just like the tower in the movie

Awesomeness.... then death by Urukai

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Most games that I've played over the years went something like this. Push to max level where all the story and gear you've learned/acquired means nothing just to push through more useless stuff until the next expansion.

With LoTRO, I know how it ends!
Seeing it all and taking in the story and cannon is something different. I don't feel the need to rush. I can/can't wait to continue checking out every nook and cranny of Middle Earth!

I just hope I don't get burnt out before I can.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

That's too funny because I bought Sacred 2 for my 360 today. Just saying it's old but still fun.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

Sweet! I played the original Sacred way back when. I got it through some dubious means, and was excited just to get it running properly and that my system at the time would.

Great grab!

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Played it several years ago, probably around 2012. Lot of fun.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I tried it a long time ago..... but I prefer DDO over LOTRO.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I downloaded all of whatever needed downloading last year and thought it'd be great. Massive download of gbs.

Could hardly muster the enthusiasm to get much further than the dungeons/catacombs part lol. Don't know what exactly I was expecting and had spent a while reading up on the best games too.

I'm envious how you can be lost in a game as it's been years since I could.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I've been pc gaming since original Doom. In 2000 I began playing mmos. Over the years many AAA and indie mmos have come and gone or I get burnt out or it's missing "something" but this time, and it's not the first, it's actually got me hooked. It's just too fun exploring middle earth and there's no need to just burn content to achieve max level.
Dunno what it is.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Maybe it's time I had another look. The installation pack is still in the downloads folder.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

If you find your way to the Brandywine server, let me know!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I've been playing LOTRO since the beta in 2007...
Still loving it. I took a break a few years back (and was away for about 2 years), but have recently returned. Despite the criticism of the current end-game meta, there's still an awful lot to like.

Having started out myself in 2007, spending time in Archet, moving up to Bree, fighting my way north through the North Downs and Esteldin, then Evendim and Angmar before moving to Moria...

there's just SO MUCH content, and so much lore... so much to see, and find, and explore... I just love it.
Still one of my favourite games ever, and definitely the game I've invested the most time in.

I'm on Evernight, so if you're there, look me up - I go by "Awenir" there.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Awen24

Awesome!! Hoping the character models and animations are decent when they launch.

If I didn't just put a bunch of work into my guys, I'd join ya!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The game is 10 years old... this thread kinda got me itchin to return to middle earth

I'd have to agree with other members, LOTRO has tons of content and lore... lots to see and experience without even investing any money into it

Pretty sure my dwarf has been sleeping in Angmar for the past year or so...

Think i might have to wake him up

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
I tried it a long time ago..... but I prefer DDO over LOTRO.
I like Neverwinter online. I tried DDO and I didn't care for the combat system. I am sure it's a good game, but I couldn't get adjusted to the combat.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I played LOTRO along with my gamer buddies, since the beta in 2007. I have also been playing Doom game ever since one of my friends got this game from Website of Instant-gaming, that too in the best deal price. Started spending some time in playing games on serving these days, I still love playing PC games as The Gaming Cd keys comes with different features.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
LoTRO is a special game to me. It is in my top 3 mmos of all time. I have been thinking of making a return to Middle Earth. Got an email about a new expac.

I do miss the community on Landroval. Friendliest bunch I've seen in any mmo.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I've never heard about it before! Thanks for the info
edit on 6-9-2017 by alexgrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

edit on 2/17/2020 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join