It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria war: US missiles 'took out 20% of aircraft'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

A US air strike in response to a suspected chemical attack damaged or destroyed 20% of Syria's operational aircraft, the US has said. Defence Secretary James Mattis said Syria would be "ill-advised ever again to use chemical weapons".

Syria has denied a chemical attack on the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhoun last week that left 89 people dead.

____

The Syrian military admitted significant material damage but a Russian defence ministry spokesman said only six Syrian Air Force MiG-23s, plus a number of buildings, were destroyed and that only 23 of the missiles had reached Shayrat.

Mr Mattis said the strike had shown the US would "not passively stand by while [Syrian President Bashar al-Assad] murders innocent people with chemical weapons".

White House spokesman Sean Spicer said further strikes were on the table.

"The sight of people being gassed and blown away by barrel bombs ensures that if we see this kind of action again, we hold open the possibility of future action," he said.

*Much more worth reading*

Could be me, but it's the first time
in a long time, that i've seen
a US rocket launch so ...heralded t
he 'news' category of events ...
10 mns on bbc breaking .. Link

We've bee reading of "war','
' internecine war'

'Something' war

Our new war has been named (according to auntie Beeb)
Not The Syrian war

"Syria war: .."

Subtle reframing
going on before our eyes
No ownership to the 'thing'
just an 'is'

Who'll now pile in to stabilise events ?
Donnie's taken helm

More to the point,
do we want (our) other countries facillitating Orange Donnie
in becoming "Donnie, the Liberaterator"

To what expense ...

(ATS, conspiracy stuff, right !?!)
edit on 10/4/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Thanks USA (Sarcasm) now ISIS is now going to steamroll Assad and establish their caliphate and threaten Europe.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
Could be me, but, it's the first time that i can say as having seen descirbed Friday's action as 'war' ...
10 mns on bbc breaking

Link

The situation in Syria has been consistently described as a war for about six years now. The BBCs framing of it in the link is just journolism doing what it does. That does not mean that the situation is not escalating towards a wider conflict, but neither does it mean that it is.

The BBC is no more or less prophetic or indicative than any other news outlet, but it does want its viewers to think it is the more so.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Thanks USA (Sarcasm) now ISIS is now going to steamroll Assad and establish their caliphate and threaten Europe.

But at least the war on terror can continue...

Lol

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
We don't need this from the BBC, they faked video in 2013, broadcast it and rebroadcast it. They angered a lot of people then, and will do so now by following which looks very like the government stance.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Without the US they already threaten Europe by all the immigrants . With the latest numbers from European sources there may be thousands of operatives already there .
Where ya been ?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

But those folks are only there to sow chaos. Once ISIS take control of Syria they'll take control of the Chemical Weapons and direct that to Europe.

edit on 4/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

But those folks are only there to sow chaos. Once ISIS take control of Syria they'll take control of the Chemical Weapons and direct that to Europe.

I did miss one line
Let me clarify
thousands of ISIS operatives...by European Intelligence numbers (not my numbers)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Ridiculous. Without the US and our allies constantly arming, training & supporting them, those fake "rebels" would've already lost. That means the war would be over and Syrians wouldn't need to flee Syria in the first place.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm sure the terrorists will be thankful for the fairly substantial loss of Syrian Airpower. Great going.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Ridiculous. Without the US and our allies constantly arming, training & supporting them, those fake "rebels" would've already lost. That means the war would be over and Syrians wouldn't need to flee Syria in the first place.

Reading comprehension problem , much ?
The Syrians have been fleeing Assad's tyranny a lot longer than the US has been involved.
I believe that I was referring to ISIS coming in with the immigrants . Not Syrians in general . And , without Obama in office , I believe the "asset transfers" have , or will end

edit on 4/10/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Reading comprehension problem , much ?

For me or for you? We've been arming and training "rebels" in Syria before the massive refugee crisis even started. If we stayed out of it, there would be no need for Syrians to flee in the first place. They even got the new Constitution in 2012 that their "Arab Spring" protestors were originally protesting for. They also got real democratic elections in 2014 instead of the sham non-contested elections they'd had up to that point.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The word is that russia shot down 36 of the 59 missiels the US sent. Only 23 reached their targets.

new topics

top topics

join