It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Major Announcement coming (Drip drip and bigger drip for Disclosure)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Hydrogen discovered in water plumes from Enceladus indicating Hydrothermal vents.
This could be a big discovery for life existing on Enceladus.

And as I mentioned in a post above (here: www.abovetopsecret.com...), they are also going to use this Enceladus/Cassini stuff as a segue to talk about the upcoming Europa Clipper Mission, which is scheduled to launch around 2022.

The Europa Clipper can analyze the plumes of Europa's oceans the same way (actually better, with better instruments) that Cassini analyzed Enceladus' water.

Cassini's mission will end in September of this year, and NASA wants to show that they are continuing with the research into these ocean worlds, such as Enceladus and Europa (Ganymede and Titan are also thought to potentially have sub-surface water oceans).

edit on 13/4/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Interesting quote from Delonge's interview with Mother Jones in March, somewhat related to this announcement (m.motherjones.com...):
"There have been decades of strategic implementation of a plan to deal with this issue and create a way to move forward. You'll see those initial drips when they start announcing planets they think have life. Then they start announcing microbial life. And then they start announcing structures, and then they start announcing other things. I think you're going to start seeing an avalanche of all that stuff, and the reason is because now we got our act together. And it took 70 years to do it."

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Hydrogen discovered in water plumes from Enceladus indicating Hydrothermal vents.

This is just so obvious! Life will be found throughout the universe both microbial and intelligent.

The universe is fined tuned for life just like it's fine tuned to produce stars, planets and comets.

There isn't some special ingredient or special condition on Earth that can't happen anywhere else in this vast universe that favors Earth sized planets over bigger Jupter sized planets.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Kim Jong-un could actually bring about disclosure. If he launches a nuke and ET has to stop it, the US will have an interesting time trying to lie that one away.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

This is just so obvious! Life will be found throughout the universe both microbial and intelligent.

Probably. But it is still important to gather information and evidence.

There are a lot of scientific hypotheses that seem obvious, but that does not lessen the need for science to gather evidence supporting those hypothesis

The universe is fined tuned for life just like it's fine tuned to produce stars, planets and comets.

I think it is more accurate to say that the type of life that will be found in the universe is fine-tuned to the physical properties of the universe.

Saying that the properties of the universe is fine-tuned to life is like saying that oceans are fine-tuned to fish. It's more accurate to say that it is the fish who are fine-tuned to the physical properties of the ocean. The oceans came first, and then the fish.

The universe and its properties came first, and any life that would inhabit the universe needs to be such that it could use those existing properties of the universe.

There isn't some special ingredient or special condition on Earth that can't happen anywhere else in this vast universe that favors Earth sized planets over bigger Jupter sized planets.

Fine. I think most people and just about all scientists would agree with you. I don't think too many people argue that Earth is some uniquely special place for harboring the potential for life.

Like I said above, life finds a way to exist within the parameters of the universe. The type of life that will thrive in our universe will obviously be the type of life that is fine-tuned to our universe.

Obviously, life that cannot live in our universe would not be able to live in our universe. That may sound simplistic, but it's true.

edit on 2017/4/13 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MattDaemon

this was the big announcement that he predicted 60 days ago, no doubt about that, and he said read between the lines... well the next question is how longs it been there, have they tested the water for life, can they test it, i read that the probe was going to get dumped in the atmosphere of Saturn, where the samples, has all water not got some form of life in it, ............hteres loads we could read between the lines at, but moreover, Tom DeLonge "did" predict this, which means he "is" being given information and is allowed to hint to us to further his own case, all very exciting imo

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

this was the big announcement that he predicted 60 days ago, no doubt about that, and he said read between the lines...

I dunno...I doubt this was his "big announcement".

Nothing that earth-shaking was talked about in that news briefing today. The only new finding was regarding the free hydrogen. While that is interesting, it really isn't that "big". We have known for almost a decade now that the oceans of Enceladus have organic materials and hydrocarbons. Granted, today wa sthe first confirmation of free hydrogen, but its presence is not that surprising or unexpected.

It certainly does not qualify as what DeLonge's should call a "big announcement". And neither is it news that Enceladus's oceans are potentially a good habitat for life as we know it. Like I said, that's old news.

How old? Here's a thread I made over 9 years ago (March of 2008) that discusses Cassini's discovery of organic molecules in the Oceans of Enceladus and the potential for those oceans to be relatively warm oases for life to thrive:

Thread from March 2008 about Enceladus Organic Material

March 2008 NASA Article
[new link to replace dead link in old thread]

Excerpt from 2008 NASA article:

NASA's Cassini spacecraft tasted and sampled a surprising organic brew erupting in geyser-like fashion from Saturn's moon Enceladus during a close flyby on March 12. Scientists are amazed that this tiny moon is so active, "hot" and brimming with water vapor and organic chemical.

As I said above, I think the reason they held this news briefing was to keep us up to date with what's next -- and that is the Europa Clipper Mission. NASA needs to make sure the public stays engaged (to assure that the public will want to continue funding them at their current level), and with Cassini coming to an end, they want to be sure the public knows they will be continuing on their "Ocean Worlds" mandate (a program directorate charged with exploring Ocean Worlds such as Europa, Ganymede, Titan, Enceladus, and possibly others) -- but next time it will be the Europa Clipper that will be tasting the organics from one of those "Ocean Worlds".

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I don't think they will stop it. Because we have a free will.
However, if a major WW3 comes after that, they may postpone it offering humanity way out.

In that way, I see the repeated NASA ATTEMPTS to tell us of the ET, as preparing the mass public for that event...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

you know what i was a wee bit annoyed with that reply at first, cause i thought that was sure to be it, but after reading your post, you are probably right, Good Job

edit on 14-4-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Check into the story of Corey Goode
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

It's obvious because of recent evidence that has been gathered and nobody said we should stop gathering evidence.

The fact is the universe is fine tuned for life to exist. Your analogy falls flat because the water and the fish were also fine tuned to exist. The fact the universe is fine tuned to produce earth sized planets instead of larger Jupter sized planets, isn't some random accident.

There's no such thing as randomness. Everything is restricted to probabilities that can occur. These probabilities can be highly fine tuned to restrain possible outcomes or they can be more open to variation.

Our universe is highly fine tuned and therefore the probabilities that can occur are strikingly limited. This is why we see the same things over and over again. We see planets, stars, moons and comets. If the universe were random and unpredictable we probably wouldn't be here and we wouldn't have scientific theories that are very strong when it comes to predictability.

Even when you look at Quantum Mechanics, the wave function evolves in a deterministic way where we can predict things like future position and momentum of the wave function until a measurement occurs and even then we can predict what probabilities can occur.

Again, randomness does mean it wasn't designed. You can look at how restrained the randomness is to infer design.

For instance, the roll of a pair of dice is random but which outcomes can occur isn't random. The outcomes that can occur is 2-12 and was put in place by the intelligence that designed the pair of dice. So you can have an infinite set of dice rolls and each roll will give you a random outcome but the outcomes that can occur are restrained to 2-12.

So we know the probabilities of the universe are restrained and fine tuned. This is why you have things like the String Theory Lanscape with 10^500 false vacua. Scientist know they can't explain how this fine tuning occurred naturally.

Again, this points to an Intelligence fine tuning the universe or a googolplex of parallel false vacua. You would need It's not just parallel universes. This is because most universes would look similar to our universe. This is because bubble nucleation would look similar to ours. You would have to go outside of our universe and have infinite false vacua that would have an infinite range of probable states. Here's a couple of quotes.

Steven Weinberg (Nobel laureate in high energy physics, Atheist) “…does seem to require an incredible fine-tuning. The existence of life of any kind seems to require a cancellation between different contributions to the vacuum energy, accurate to about 120 decimal places.” If not: “the universe either would go through a complete cycle of expansion and contraction before life could arise, or would expand so rapidly that no galaxies or stars could form.” [“Life in the Universe”, Scientific American, Oct. '94, 49.]

Hans Peter Nilles: “Quantum fluctuations create a vacuum energy which in turn curves the space much stronger than it is observed. Hence, the classical vacuum energy needs to be adjusted in a very accurate way in order to cancel the contributes from quantum effects. This would require a fine-tuning of the fundamental parameters of the theory to an accuracy of at least 60 digits. From the theoretical point of view we consider this is a rather unsatisfactory situation and would like to analyze alternatives leading to the observed cosmological constant in a more natural way… [the author discusses the Randall-Sundrum set-up and brane hypotheses, the conclusion reads:].. Unfortunately we have not yet found a satisfactory model where such a relation is realized and the problem of the size of the cosmological constant still has to wait for a solution.” [“Dark Energy in Extra Dimensions and String Theory: Consistency Conditions”, (Dec. 2000): Online]

Again, the universe is fine tuned for life to exist and the probabilities that can occur are restrained by things like the Cosmological Constant.

edit on 14-4-2017 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I still seems to me that there could be another universe somewhere that has physical parameters that are so very different than our universe that nothing from our universe could physically exist there (not just survive, but actually physically exist), and nothing from that other universe could physically exist in our universe -- again, due to actual physical makeup of that universe being so unimaginably unlike ours (for example, how the atoms go together, etc -- even if they are so unlike the atoms from our universe that we could bit even imagine calling them atoms).

Let's say that other universe had life, and some of that life reached the level of intelligence similar to ours in which they can ask the same types of questions about their nature that we ask. If that were the case, then they, too, might think that their universe was fine-tuned to life.

So there you would have two examples of two different universes each with life. Considering that would mean our universe with is physical parameters is not so unique in being able to support life, I would say that in reality, the life that finds a way to exist in any given universe would be fine-tuned to be able to exist in that universe.

NOT the other way around. NOT that our universe somehow has the ONLY combination of physical laws possible that could spawn life.

Of course, if you don't believe in the possibility of a multiverse with universe of differing physical parameters, and not believe life could possibly exist in any of those other universes of the multiverse, then I guess you would be free to believe that somehow our universe was the only one specially-made for life.

I personally believe that other universes totally unlike ours could possibly also spawn life -- but that's fine if you don't believe that is possible.

edit on 2017/4/15 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

You said:

I still seems to me that there could be another universe somewhere that has physical parameters that are so very different than our universe that nothing from our universe could physically exist there (not just survive, but actually physically exist), and nothing from that other universe could physically exist in our universe -- again, due to actual physical makeup of that universe being so unimaginably unlike ours (for example, how the atoms go together, etc -- even if they are so unlike the atoms from our universe that we could bit even imagine calling them atoms).

This is just Once Upon A Time, Fantasy Island stuff.

There could be another universe with flying pink unicorns or another universe with rainbow colored elephants. You can just make it up as you go without a shred of evidence.

The only reason why some people push this narrative is because Science ran into a road block. They discovered the fine tuning of the universe and realized this points to a Designer. In order to try and get around this, they said their has to be a ton of universes out their and ones that have different values and physics than our universe.

There's no evidence to support this notion. We only have evidence that a universe like ours with a cosmological constant that's fine tuned like ours can expand into a universe like ours.

It's like putting the raw ingredients of a 2 layer chocolate cake int a bucket. There's a way that thie ingredients can form a 2 layer chocolate cake but the chances that these ingredients will naturally just come together and a 2 layer chocolate cake will just appear is essentially zero.

This is the problem Science ran up against when they look at the fine tuning of the universe. So they essentially said there must be more buckets. If you have enough buckets eventually you will get a 2 layer chocolate cake forming in one of the buckets.

They kept adding more buckets or universes to know it's a 10^500 and some say infinite because they can't get to our universe with 10^500.

Even with infinite universes, you have to explain why every universe or false vacua will expand into a universe. You have to explain why every combination will occur and how fine tuned are the constants that govern universe expansion.

For instance, in poker, you couldn't have every possible combination because you will never get a straight or a full house. Without the rules of poker, you could never play a poker game because every combination could occur from 1 ace to three jacks. You can play a game of poker because the rules restrict the game to 5 cards in each hand and then gives meaning to each probable outcome.

If infinite combinations can occur, how would you ever get a low entropy combination like it was at the beginning of the universe?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
If infinite combinations can occur, how would you ever get a low entropy combination like it was at the beginning of the universe?

That's because "time" is not linear, we only perceive it that way. The future influences the past as intentions and preferences -- from living things -- echo back through time to the very beginning (if that's how you want to look at it).
edit on 18-4-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Kim Jong-un could actually bring about disclosure. If he launches a nuke and ET has to stop it, the US will have an interesting time trying to lie that one away.

Except if that happened there wouldn't be any media coverage. I have a feeling UFO's still visit nuclear sites and military bases or ships and it remains classified more so than way back in the day.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Maybe the recent FAILED launch after 5 seconds was intercepted, by something? Just speculative

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Jesus feeding the 5000 with a cpl of fishes is what you call pure fantasy..... parallel universes and string theory is Science not fantasy, and it is thinking like this that helps humans discover new truths along their evolutionary path..... NOT "oh travel to the moon... thats impossible, Jesus couldn't do it... or whatever) its funny how people use science in every argument with saying science says this and that...... not possible. EH...... most of the folks here are getting Science mixed up with religion.

Science is all about trying to figure out the Unknown, Religion already "knows" the unknown.... or so they would like you to believe.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: privatepilotuk

Disclosure will only happen if an ufo will crash into a public place like Time Square NY,NY. Or a sudden global invasion by our alien space brothers..

All these people like Stephen Bassett with their optimistic expectations and hard work can wait untill they take their last breath. The US government will never disclose the extraterrestrial presence. Maybe....just maybe if some other country will get so tired of the USA bossing them around on the subject that they beat them to it...maybe then the US government will come out of the closet.

edit on 19/4/2017 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

What if they know they are visiting, but dont know the why, who, where and when!

they have released the evidence, they have!....

if thats the case!

www.cia.gov...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: privatepilotuk

Maybe the recent FAILED launch after 5 seconds was intercepted, by something? Just speculative

Quite possibly! nuclear weapons could be messing with the fabric of the universe, interdimensional beings if they exist and they can travel from string to string if you like, could well be preventing more nuclear testing..... or the NKs could be using shoddy american parts...lol

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join