It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Major Announcement coming (Drip drip and bigger drip for Disclosure)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: privatepilotuk

I feel like Trump would have told the world about aliens' existence if the government really did secretly know about them. Notice he hasn't done that?

Well after observing a few presidents that did try to warn us that alien influence could be a reality and what happened to them. *cough* JFK *cough* I guess they decided to never tell any preisdent their secrets ever again. I'm still pondering if push came to shove and WW3 would be heating up if they would came out of hiding and obliterate every enemy with there fancy toys. We haven't seen real conflicts since WW2 that would make the use of otherwordly equipment necessary.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingdutchman2112
Yeah it's too hard to come out and say "hey guys umm sorry but a good amount of everything we've ever told you has been a lie, or at least a lie by omission"

People already found evidence that our history isn't what they told us. It all points to the mother of all conspiracies. It's mindblowing really.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
yep, NASA's big announcements always = aliens according to allot of people. but that's never what its about, i dont expect this one to be either. would be cool if it was as long as there not coming here to destroy our planet or take over the planet.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

How did JFK try to tell us about aliens?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
I would imagine they've found a liquid ocean under one of Jupiter's moons or something like that.

And perhaps found micro bacterial life or something of that nature.

~Tenth

If it is about the oceans of Europa, Ganymede, Enceladus, Titan, or any other place that might have a subsurface ocean (such as Ceres), I truly doubt that the announcement would be "we found microbial life", because they really have no equipment out there capable of detecting microbial life.

Granted, the Cassini space probe that is currently orbiting Saturn (and has been for the past 13 years) has the ability to do the analysis necessary to detect organic compounds (the "building blocks" of like, not life itself), and has in fact found those complex organic molecules in the water from the geysers of Enceladus, after Cassin swooped down to "taste" that water on a couple of occasions.

But directly detecting microbes would require something that isn't out there right now.

Having said that, NASA astrobiologists have been looking for other ways to indirectly detect potential life processes.

One example of this is this article written back in 2010 by NASA astrobiologist Chris McCay where he is discussing trying to determine if certain chemical disequilibrium on Saturn's moon Titan indicates the possibility of methane-based life there:

What is Consuming Hydrogen and Acetylene on Titan?

Excerpt:

Two new papers based on data from NASA's Cassini spacecraft scrutinize the complex chemical activity on the surface of Saturn's moon Titan. While non-biological chemistry offers one possible explanation, some scientists believe these chemical signatures bolster the argument for a primitive, exotic form of life or precursor to life on Titan's surface. According to one theory put forth by astrobiologists, the signatures fulfill two important conditions necessary for a hypothesized "methane-based life."

Here's another example from about 15 years ago where NASA Astrobiologist Geoffrey Landis wrote about the research of David Grinspoon and others suggesting that chemical dis-equilibriums in Venus' atmosphere could mean the possible presence biological processes:

NASA -- Astrobiology: The Case for Venus

Excerpt:

There is some evidence that the trace-gas constituents of the Venus atmosphere are not in chemical equilibrium with each other. On Earth, the primary source of disequilibrium in theatmospheric chemistry is the activities of biological processing; could disequilibrium on Venus also be a sign of life? In 1997, David Grinspoon made the suggestion that microbes in the clouds and middle atmosphere could be the source of the disequilibrium. In 2002, Dirk Schulze-Makuch independently proposed that observations of the Venus atmosphere by space probes showed signatures of possible biological activity.

Much like the way scientists hope to be able to find the suggestions of life processes from analyzing the spectra of exoplanets (hopefully the James Webb Telescope will be helpful in this endeavor), NASA astrobiologists and other scientist have been mining the data from the current and past space probes we have sent out through the solar system in order to find suggestions of life processes. But they won't confirm the presence of microbes that way.

edit on 10/4/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
a reply to: tothetenthpower

that is the minimum they could say. Actually we already know of those oceans. The bacteria were already found on Mars so they could be potentially everywhere.

I like what NASA do, I don't like the slow pace.

Then we should all petition congress to increase the budget lol

America isn't educated enough to understand the value of investing in space though.

Sadly.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

There isn't much intelligent life here in Europe mate, I've looked lol

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Oh that's smart...I'm wrong but you can't prove it.

Let me know when you can. Until then I'm right.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Grow up. They found dust and rocks on the moon.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yada yada yada, Found life on other planets, boring boring, over it already, just tell us, no, i'm not going to freak out, becoming bored. There is no God etc etc etc.

Sigh.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Someone Intercepted NASA message..

ALL THESE WORLDS
ARE YOURS EXCEPT
EUROPA
ATTEMPT NO
LANDING THERE
USE THEM TOGETHER
USE THEM IN PEACE

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Part of NASA's mission has always been to search for evidence of extraterrestrial life. They shoot rockets up into space, after all, which is where the aliens supposedly live. So it's kind of puzzling why people think that if they did exactly that, they would keep it to themselves or release it in dribbles and drabs.

In fact, what NASA does occasionally is dress up a boring announcement about some dumb science thing like discovering an odd chemical (like water) in a rock sample on Mars and somehow indicating, hinting, or suggesting that it has something to do with alien life, just so people will pay attention to it. After all, the day-to-day science stuff that NASA does is generally pretty boring, and they continuously have to find ways to increase their budget. That being the case, them stumbling upon real, solid evidence of alien life -- alive or long dead -- would be like hitting the mother lode. Not only would they be fulfilling their mission, but they would also likely become the most important government agency on the planet and reap the budget rewards accordingly. There's another motivator for them not to keep aliens under their hats.

So this NASA announcement is not in any way preparing us for eventual "disclosure." If they had the stuff, we'd already know about it.

edit on 10-4-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
"all these worlds are yours except europa.
attempt no landing there..."
arthur c. clark

dundunduuun

eta: oops fisherr beat me to it
edit on 10-4-2017 by PolyCottonBlend because: always the bridesmaid...

edit on 10-4-2017 by PolyCottonBlend because: fck autocorrect

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: privatepilotuk
See here NASA Major Announcement coming

NASA will hold a major press conference on ocean worlds in our own solar system, it has said.

The agency will reveal results that will inform the “broader search for life beyond Earth” at the mysterious event.

Thoughts?

Hmmm...whole bunch of nothing from NASA as usual?

Until they find a true "animal" living on a plant, or fossil, I don't think their major announcements are going to bring many viewers.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Point the way.
What evidence?
It's not that I don't want it to be true it's just that there is absolutely zero evidence that hasn't been thoroughly debunked.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My guess is that it will be a terrific find... from a NASA based perspective.

But for most people not heavily educated in astronomy, whom expect something radical like actual life, they are going to be disappointed.

That's usually all it ever is.

NASA has a great announcement, and it is a great one from a scientific perspective alone. But not a socially changing one that everyone wants

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He didn't.
Cough. Oops I mean kerchoo um sniff?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Call me when they announce that we have being dealing with extraterrestrial visitations since decades, that's immensely more important and significant than this.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Part of NASA's mission has always been to search for evidence of extraterrestrial life.

Really? Well maybe they forgot to check the backyard, since we have been dealing with ET visitations for over a century.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: privatepilotuk
See here NASA Major Announcement coming

NASA will hold a major press conference on ocean worlds in our own solar system, it has said.

The agency will reveal results that will inform the “broader search for life beyond Earth” at the mysterious event.

Thoughts?

Always wonderful to see something coming from the top. Specially as tasty as this information could be.

What always makes me laugh however is how it really does seem that NASA has to play the religion game all too much. IF they found (or already have found) that life exists or could exist elsewhere, then you could literally put a line right through religion. Religious premise is that life is special to our planet and that we are blessed. (well until all religions write a nice new, up to date version to fit. God created heaven and the earth and oh.... some more planets)

Good Post !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join