It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Violently Dragged Off Plane After United Airlines Overbooks Flight

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech
If UA has treated enough of their passengers this poorly, maybe there will be civil action taken against them.

Poor treatment only escalates if it is not deterred. Look at what has happened with law enforcement and homeland security. Sometimes you have to teach people how to treat you.

I strongly encourage dissent through your dollars. Like yourself, I try to avoid spending my money with a company that does not value me as a customer.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
live presser on this now

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well, then.

As I mentioned previously,

Let's hope he wasn't seriously injured to the head to the point where the next day he is unable to perform his duties as a doctor [. . . .] if he has a minor concussion [. . .] his ability as a doctor could be impeded, and that puts his patients at risk.

a reply to: BASSPLYR

Looks like he did suffer a serious concussion:

His attorney said earlier that Dao suffered a significant concussion, a broken nose and lost two teeth.
Link
Wow, they roughed him up pretty good, all for this.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

other stories are coming out www.dailymail.co.uk...

there seems to be a pattern with how they speak to the passengers...when they needed those 4 seats the other day..they didn't apologize...they said 4 people need to get off

can you imagine stuck on an airplane seat that reeks of urine they gave her a pillow to sit on, stilled reeked, they then told her to got to the bathroom get soap and water and clean her seat???

the claustrophic lady who specifically ordered a aisle seat ahead of time, they made her move to a middle seat, so she stood in the aisle for m ost of the flight..I mean they couldn't ask someone else???

the christmas flight 5 seats open up in first class they move people up...the plane sits there delayed for a few hours then they are TOLD not asked to go back to the original seats.....turns out it was the CEO and his family, they got off the plane and went to another airport to fly and couldn't so came back . one passenger said they told him they would handcuff him if he didn't move.....the article says the ceo found out and him and his family took the cheaper seats.....

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: yuppa

Yeah.

I would prefer my flight crew have more than that.

What ever happened to scheduling people correctly? They need to have stand by crews for this kind of problem like CSX used to do for trains.
It's probably not that simple considering all the different flights in various parts of the country. It's logistics

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah.

I would prefer my flight crew have more than that.

What ever happened to scheduling people correctly? They need to have stand by crews for this kind of problem like CSX used to do for trains.
It's probably not that simple considering all the different flights in various parts of the country. It's logistics

unpaid and on call unless flying is a way around the money issue. Turn all pilots to on call status. only pay them when they fly.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

no only reason this guy not marginalized like all the rest is because some people videoed the incident otherwise he probably would have ended up in jail for harassing a flight staff. good job to passengers who filmed it. as i said earlier once you boarded and seated they should not have done anything to anybody, according to abc news this man had a concussion ,a broken nose and lost 2 front teeth. i hope more stories like the woman who had seizure come out maybe the mans lawyers can start a class action lawsuit.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Wow, he lost 2 teeth!!..they are going to pay dearly for this BS..and should.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

unpaid and on call unless flying is a way around the money issue. Turn all pilots to on call status. only pay them when they fly.

I am a Forensic Nurse for the State. That is pretty much how it works for us. We get a pittance of a salary for being on call and for being on back-up, but your don't actually get paid unless you get called out on a case.

Since there is no way that we can tell when there is going to be a victim that needs our services, it is the most logical way to handle the uncertainty.

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you, that is what happens when you provide a service that is geared toward what is best for the customer, client, or victim.

edit on 13-4-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
One thing I haven't seen much about is that the man removed from the plane and his wife had first accepted the voucher offer but when he discovered that he would not be able to fly until the next day he had to say no because he needed to see patients the next morning. Had they been able to offer him flight later the same day he probably would have taken it.

There are more than a few things I find disturbing about all this. If the computer selected him wouldn't it have known that he was travelling with his wife? Only the man was made to give up his seat. The flip side of that was that if only one of them had to give up a seat why didn't the wife say she would give up her seat so the doc could see his patients the next morning?

Either way, the violent treatment he received was absolutely uncalled for and I hope the airline has its nuts in a vice for a good long while over this.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

by what the lawyer was saying, his sinuses were damaged with the broken nose and he will have to have reconstructive surgery...
and, he doesn't even remember getting back on the plane..

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33
The doctor's lawyer in the press conference said he would not be presenting all class action law suits.

I don't know if that means there will be none, or if it will leave the door open for another lawyer to do so.

If it takes lawsuits to get the message across that we are not just slaves to the corporations or to TPTB, then that it what is going to have to happen. When the right to say "no" or to refuse to do as someone demands under circumstances that do not present as a legitimate threat, because someone's ego is bruised or because someone was wearing their machismo on their sleeve, is just plain wrong.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

listen to the press conference that was just done with the lawyer...
the wife is a doctor also, and also had patients the next day..
also after they got him off the plane they came back and told the wife that she would have to get off the plane..
but, that might have been because the finally realized just how badly the guy was injured and didn't want to tell the wife that her husband was being loaded onto an ambulance and rushed to the hospital in front of all the other passengers with the cell phones recording.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Interesting... I think its going to take a while for all the information to come out on this one. It was a pretty big screw up. United and American are two of the same IMO. They both need a good smack down and a lesson in how to treat cattle, er, I mean passengers.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yes indeed, when I heard he was in the hospital I thought perhaps the lawyer was just getting him to play it up a bit..but no they really messed him up..absolute scumbaggery on UA's part..I hope they all get crucified, for trying to smear him too.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
but somebody is friend of their son. yes, i remember that.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

no but someone remembered being in the same school as their son

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Didn't realize he was that badly injured.

This poor guy stands to make an absolute killing from this.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

yeaahh i am stupid like this. i always conclude if they are in the same school they would feel like friends.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PhotonEffect

the dr said he was less afraid of the viet cong....I hope this doesn;t trigger PTSD I think he had this in the past was was doing pretty good

look what they did to this 94 year old grandma ,most likely her last visit ever to see her family ...flying out went fine flying back was a nightmare....and the voucher money does no add up and they have not received it yet

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 13-4-2017 by research100 because: dang spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join