It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Violently Dragged Off Plane After United Airlines Overbooks Flight

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
Video compilation of a bunch of and new footage of the event

After hearing audio it makes more sense he was acting scary with saying things like kill me wtf??? The police should have stood him up placed handcuffs and walked him out. Dragging him down the Isle seems stupid to me.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yeah...
Maybe picking someone else would have been a better idea.

United is going to pay everyone on the plane? This court case will be interesting.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: yuppa
You just hate i called you out. get over yourself. lol.

So you think me telling jokes is the same as you making fictitious statements in a debate? Any other aspects of everyday communication you confused about so I can keep track of them? It's cool, if you ask nice I am more than happy to help continue your education, the lessons will obviously be of benefit.

Maybe next time you try to use Twitter as a 'source' you might think twice about taking that course. Or maybe not since you seem to be too busy playing semantics.

Oh so Shoot the messenger is ok i guess right? Thats what you arent getting here. I didnt make up anything I was repeating something i saw.
And once again here comes the backhanded comments and sarcastic insults.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
According to this one website, the four employees who needed to board are required under UNION contract to get so many hours of sleep and that required they get to where they needed to be in a certain time frame.... then there was the issue of another entire flight of passengers who would have not been able to get where they were going. The blogger ends with this being part of the result of 9-11...he also says the police did not handle it properly.

You can read it here

Its not as if they could not had slept on the way during the trip. A driver could had picked them up and they could has slept.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Not sure that a snooze in the back of a cab can be considered sleep.
www.usatoday.com...

Silly regulation. FAA should dump it.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Not sure that a snooze in the back of a cab can be considered sleep.
www.usatoday.com...

Silly regulation. FAA should dump it.

Yeah. some people get by on less than 5 hrs sleep.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Yeah.

I would prefer my flight crew have more than that.

I don't fly my hang glider when I've had 5 hours.

edit on 4/13/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Yeah.

What ever happened to scheduling people correctly? They need to have stand by crews for this kind of problem like CSX used to do for trains.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Ahhh....

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Years ago, I took my one and only UA return flight Singapore to Hong Kong and that was enough for the rest of my life. I really hope that the Vietnamese man won a big case (may be settled out of court) against UA and the airport security. Many people in the future will follow suit and not volunteer to give up their seat in hope of getting the same $$$$.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Yeah.

What ever happened to scheduling people correctly? They need to have stand by crews for this kind of problem like CSX used to do for trains.

They do have stand by crews that's why they were getting on the plane. Problem is that cant have stand by crews at every air port on the country labor costs would be huge.
Imagine about say 12 to 15 thousand in the US and we'll then there would be overseas flights as well so another say 30000 at least. So are they supposed to keep 45000 air crews available in the all the airports? And with labor costs like that how long do you think they would be in business.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I did not hear him acting "scary" at all. He seemed calm. He was explaining why he was not getting off the plane. Since he did nothing wrong, there was no reason that he should have to get off of the plane.

Airlines have no respect for their customers. They do not consider themselves to be a "service".

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Oh so Shoot the messenger is ok i guess right? Thats what you arent getting here. I didnt make up anything I was repeating something i saw.
And once again here comes the backhanded comments and sarcastic insults.

I have no problem shooting messengers that repeat unverified opinion as fact, they earned it through their terminal laziness and parrot-like activity.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
BUT IT WAS NOT AN IDB EVENT THAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY STOP YOU FROM BOARDING AT THE GATE THIS GUY WAS BOARDED.

Until the aircraft doors are closed, which they were not, anyone removed from the aircraft for revenue purposes is considered an involuntary de-boarding and subject to the DOT mandates on this type of action.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: dawnstar

Man. Every time I read something new about this case it paints UA in a worse light. These guys will be paying out a HUGE settlement to this guy.

I was listening to a radio show yesterday, Hannity I think it was, that was blaming the victim because he was a former drug addict and criminal. Therefore he deserved the treatment.

Lol. Because of course he was...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

they guy wasn't acting "scary" till they dragged him out of his seat pounding his head against an armrest that they could have easily lifted up out of the way, busted him lip open and knocked him unconscious, dragged him down the aisle and off the plane...
only to somehow lose him once outside and have him run back onto the plane so they could play the game all over again!!

if you wish to believe what the media has said about this guy, that he's a drug peddlar who was trading drugs for sex, then you might as well believe all the other stuff they are saying about him...
that he's a 69 year old refugee from vietnam who was trained to be a doctor in viet nam, that would place him in nam as a child or young man, during the nam war when we were dropping agent orange on his neighboring villages! I already posted an article about his mental health issues, one of which was post traumatic stress syndrome..
no, overlooking the fact that the guy in that video does not look like a 70 year old man, but hey, that's the story that those who wish to defame him has chosen to put out....
first and foremost, a 70 year old person is much more fragile than a young 30 year old!! you could do some major damage to them treating them like that....
and also... I can't help but wonder if maybe the incident might not have brought back a few flashbacks of a war long ago where he may have seen his friends and family members being beaten and dragged away, to be thrown into pits and forgotten about..
is he saying just "kill me now", or "they're gonna kill me now"???
if he was acting crazy or insane at the end, I wonder if it wasn't how they treated him that brought on the craziness because he was acting quite sane before they beat the heck out of him and dragged him down the aisle!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
According to this one website, the four employees who needed to board are required under UNION contract to get so many hours of sleep and that required they get to where they needed to be in a certain time frame.... then there was the issue of another entire flight of passengers who would have not been able to get where they were going. The blogger ends with this being part of the result of 9-11...he also says the police did not handle it properly.

You can read it here

Its not as if they could not had slept on the way during the trip. A driver could had picked them up and they could has slept.
Yah take it up with the Union

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

a reply to: dawnstar

Man. Every time I read something new about this case it paints UA in a worse light. These guys will be paying out a HUGE settlement to this guy.

I was listening to a radio show yesterday, Hannity I think it was, that was blaming the victim because he was a former drug addict and criminal. Therefore he deserved the treatment.

Lol. Because of course he was...
Weird cause the Hannity show I heard he was saying it was horribly treatment and they could have fixed it easily.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Well I don't listen to the show or watch his show so I can't confirm one way or the other.
edit on 13-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I stopped flying UAL back in October of 2014. My husband had gotten me a flight to Puerto Rico for my birthday. We had a great flight there and the trip was great aside from my having a small seizure whilst in the rain forest. I am an epileptic who rarely has seizures unless I am under a TON of stress, I get over heated or I stop my medication. On the flight back home, my husband and I were not allowed to sit together despite our asking to be sat together IN CASE I HAD A SEIZURE. I was placed at the back of a warm plane that was sitting in the hot sun. I was forced to sit next to a window. The sun was making the inside of the plane an OVEN. I kindly asked the couple next to me of I could switch seats and they refused. The flight was delayed. We were not allowed to leave the plane and my husband was at the front of the plane. He had NO idea where I was sitting. I ended up having a small seizure on the plane before it took off. The couple next to me freaked out apparently and said they didn't feel comfortable with me on the plane, (this is what United Customer Service...what a joke....told me later when I made a formal complaint.) After a seizure, a person is confused. I was told I was being removed from he flight as a "security risk". When I refused to get up fast enough, the stewardess reached in and grabbed me by the arm and DRUG ME from that flight. I was SCREAMING for my husband after I told the stewardess that my husband was on that flight and if they removed me and he didn't know it, I would be in Puerto Rico alone without my husband, medicines nor money. The stewardess refused to find my husband and luckily he heard me yelling his name. Long story shortened: BOTH my husband and I were removed from the flight and forced to get an expensive hotel in San Juan. I wrote and complained and was essentially told TOUGH CACA and that it was MY responsibility to inform the crew I was epileptic, (I had) and that it was IMPOSSIBLE for that stewardess to have dragged me from the plane by my arm as it was not their policy to touch passengers; basically calling me a liar! I was offered a $75.00 voucher and that was the last I ever heard from UAL. I have NEVER flown them since and hope this incident brings them as low as their business practice are.

UAL DOESN'T GIVE A RAT'S BUM ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join