It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Violently Dragged Off Plane After United Airlines Overbooks Flight

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
not sure if brought up yet... but remember when the news ran with this doctor had drug related offenses? well...they were wrong

David Anh Duy Dao is the guy with the record... The doctor on the plane was David Thanh Duc Dao

this guy's gonna own an airline, police force, and now a newspaper by the time this is all done.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: yuppa
I was mis informed So stop calling me a liar. sheesh. Have i ever called you a liar here? nope.

Probably because I don't make things up.

As if you never used a source or a tweet that was proven wrong before. And you never make up anything ? a story? a joke? SO in effect ya outed yourself if you have done one of those correct?
Pot meet kettle. lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
In Chicago, I honestly think the guy was lucky he didn't get tazed or shot...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
As if you never used a source or a tweet that was proven wrong before.

I can tell you I have never used Twitter as a source. Know why? Because it is wholly unreliable.

And you never make up anything ? a story? a joke?

Telling a fictional story or a joke, when your audience is aware of this, is not lying. You really are very poor at moving goalposts. Almost as bad as your fact checking skills.

I like how you cruised right past the link I gave you to the information you claimed was not posted on the website. Did you get this 'fact' from Twitter too? Maybe it was Instagram.

edit on 12-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

if he was a refugee from nam in his 60's who got his medical training in nam, wouldn't that mean that he was in nam during the war.. all of which I have read in the reporting of this story.
watching how he was behaving the second time he boarded the plane, I can't help wonder if the experience didn't somehow raise up some past experience in his memory, kind of like a post traumatic syndrome crisis or something.

the last link I posted on this thread was about how united had at one time told congress (in order to prevent them from messing around with the current regulations) that every ticket holder was guaranteed a seat.. what the heck happened to this guy's guarentee?

posting the link again...

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Man. Every time I read something new about this case it paints UA in a worse light. These guys will be paying out a HUGE settlement to this guy.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am hoping that congress gets off their butts now and changes the regulations.. like united told congress, every passenger is guaranteed a seat.. well, obviously they lied, so they should go back and revisit those regulations they were thinking about creating then... and make that "guarantee" a reality!
some of the stuff that has been posted on twitter and such is oh so amusing though...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Yeah. I feel like its time to revisit those regulations too, and let's make an example out of UA for being so loose with the previous ones too.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

oh, I am hoping the guy sues also, but united, along with all the other airlines probably could probably easily pay out a settlement with much pain, having their business practices more heavily regulated might actually be more painful and might even prevent this kind of crap from happening again.

According to publicly available state licensing records reviewed by the Los Angeles Times, Dao has a history of mental health problems, including depression, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder, for which he has received treatment. A 2011 psychological evaluation of Dao concluded that he "lacked the foundation to navigate difficult situations, both inter-personally and in a complex profession.”

That evaluation also said Dao has struggled with “poor decision-making” and a “lack of awareness around his personality and relational issues.” The records said Dao had been previously cited by a hospital in the 2000s for “disruptive conduct” and was ordered to seek evaluation for “anger management” issues. In 2002, another doctor wrote that Dao sometimes “unilaterally chose to do his own thing.”

But another psychological evaluation administered in 2013 concluded that Dao “emotionally was free of debilitating anxiety, depression, or psychological turmoil to the extent that it would affect his ability to function in activities of daily living or manage the practice of medicine.”

Regulators cleared Dao to return to medical practice in 2015, in which he was initially restricted to working one day a week, supervised by another doctor.

www.latimes.com...

well, he might not be that free now from all that debilitating mental health issues thanks to united!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: research100
It seems she got the events out of order, but I would expect nothing less from someone that is posting to make the wronged the criminal.

I love the part that she threw in saying that we should just comply, regardless to circumstances. That we little useless eaters have to learn our place.

Seems they are pulling out all the stops.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Man. Every time I read something new about this case it paints UA in a worse light. These guys will be paying out a HUGE settlement to this guy.

I was listening to a radio show yesterday, Hannity I think it was, that was blaming the victim because he was a former drug addict and criminal. Therefore he deserved the treatment.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

originally posted by: Aazadan
I was listening to a radio show yesterday, Hannity I think it was, that was blaming the victim because he was a former drug addict and criminal. Therefore he deserved the treatment.

The MSM is the biggest culprit of using the credibility of the person in question as the means to attack the content of their argument.

If they want to push a narrative where what they are presenting is real and truthful, they will use an expert, a professional or authoritative figure to explain how their narrative is correct and true (promote the person's credibility as a reason to trust what they are saying on this particular topic.)

If they want to push a narrative where what somebody other than them has views that are a threat to their own views, they will attempt to hack away at this person's character (promote the idea that this person's credibility is questionable due to past mistakes, and therefore can harm the person's credibility as a reason not to take seriously anything they say on this particular topic.)

It is such a deceptive and evil practice that many people are not even aware is being used to program them.

edit on 12/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

After all, media is tossing you out chunks of bloody meat like you’re a pack of starving wolves.

This much whoever wrote "the Pilot's Wife's Blog" got right.

Since they see some of us as starving wolves, chomping at the bit, ready to ravage every little sheeple they throw at us on command. Maybe it is time for the wolves to go Biblical on them. It does say the wolf will lay down with the lamb.

Maybe it is time for the pack to break free.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

People need to learn there are consequences for their actions, he acted like a child. It should come as no shock that he was treated like one.

I am not absolving the airline of any wrongdoing, clearly there was an overreaction on their part and they deserve the coming lawsuit. They will pay a steep fine for the actions of their staff, deservedly so.

However the idea that this man was simply an innocent bystander in the matter is wrong. It seems like this type of behavior is going to reward him and also encourage others to act out in the same manner.

I have a question for everyone here. If they are forced to use this lottery system because no one bit on their monetary offer and the individual selected won't go, what is the airline suppose to do?

This is not a trick question, I am curious to know how people think this situation of removing a lottery winner should have been handled. Mind you in this scenario they are past offering more money, the individual has been selected. How do they remove him or her if they don't go willingly?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

United has some slick PR. Again, I think it's terrifying. For every negative article I see on Dr. Dao's record/history, I see dozens of comments that say stuff like, "See? There are two sides to every story."

The thing is, Dr. Dao hasn't made any public comments other than to tell WLKY that he was still in the hospital (yesterday), and that 'everything is injured.' And that's because *cough* someone leaked his identity, and his wife's, to the media and WLKY contacted him.

So....all we have heard is United Airline's side of the story and some of the passengers...the guy hasn't even told his side of the story, yet, and people are somehow convinced that his story got told first and, now, poor United is being vindicated by all the smearing of Dr. Dao that's gone on.

It's all very enlightening to have watched that unfold.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bphi1908

They should never get to a lottery system. They sold the seats to the customers, if they want a seat they should buy it back.

I agree that when the police come he shouldn't resist... there's a time and a place to argue your case, and in your seat with an anxious officer isn't that time. United never should have called someone due to a lottery though. They already have a program to compensate people for being bumped on flights. They simply should have offered more money until someone volunteered.
edit on 12-4-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

If they are forced to use this lottery system because no one bit on their monetary offer and the individual selected won't go, what is the airline suppose to do?

"Forced to use?" Lol

Easy:

Not put themselves in a position where they have to ask a paying, already-assigned and seated customer to leave (regardless of legality), by "overbooking" or having employee flight take precedence.

Airline's fault, period.
edit on 12-4-2017 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Yup. Digging up his past has, especially in this instance, no relevance whatsoever to what happened.

It's attempted character assassination. Period.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I have a question for everyone here. If they are forced to use this lottery system because no one bit on their monetary offer and the individual selected won't go, what is the airline suppose to do?

That's right blame the one victimized. why?
edit on 12-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

That's right blame the one victimized. why?

Selective quoting...nice work. (I included my original quote that explains who I think is to blame in more detail for your reference below.)

Yes I blame him... AND the airline. Why? Because in my experience a person's actions are a direct result of another's. In this case the airline has a stupid policy probably presented in a poor manner causing this man to act out and throw a temper tantrum causing the airline employees to lose patience and act very unprofessionally.

Cause and effect. He bears some of the responsibility.

People need to learn there are consequences for their actions, he acted like a child. It should come as no shock that he was treated like one.

I am not absolving the airline of any wrongdoing, clearly there was an overreaction on their part and they deserve the coming lawsuit. They will pay a steep fine for the actions of their staff, deservedly so.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join