It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Violently Dragged Off Plane After United Airlines Overbooks Flight

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Stock down $600 million today hopefully farther tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

then, they must have about 600 million shares out??
www.usatoday.com...

at one point today, it was down around a billion... it's recovered some.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
then, they must have about 600 million shares out??
www.usatoday.com...

at one point today, it was down around a billion... it's recovered some.

Few hundred million since it was only off .81 from yesterday's close, nothing out of the ordinary from its day to day fluctuations. Smart people bought on the low.

edit on 11-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I hope this guy makes another song about United.

United breaks guitars

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
The worst part about this thread are the number of people who are willing (or at least vicariously demonstrating through this gentleman that got dragged away) to place their own principles above logic, reason and truth. If the doctor had made a statement clearly stating he was being taken against his will to at least one other witness (there were many more than one), all he had to do was NOT resist arrest after dong that. ALL he had to do, was NOT resist arrest.

The only reason to resist arrest is if your life is in immediate danger as a result of not resisting. It does not matter how unjust or controversial your purpose for being arrested is, it will ALWAYS work out better for you if you DON'T resist. It's not like this happened in some third world country where an arrest is a guaranteed jail term or death warrant. THINK people. You have brains, use your brain!

The man was not arrested he was detained illegally. you have to commit a crime to even be arrested and the security was the ones comitting the crime when they grabbed him.

POlice can Detain you without arresting you as well. You have to commit a crime to get arrested and have them lay hands on you.

Resisting a unlawful arrest is admissable as self defense.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I hope this guy makes another song about United.

United breaks guitars

Your links broken...here ya go.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

interesting article.....what united did wrong before and after....www.nydailynews.com...

the ceo lacked empathy, he made every crisis mistake, he blamed the passenger...there is a petition at change.org to sign for his dismissal, had 19,000 signatures as of early this morning

so how was this CEO named PRWeek's Communicator of the Year.
edit on 11-4-2017 by research100 because: dang spelling

edit on 11-4-2017 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
...so how was this CEO named PRWeek's Communicator of the Year.

Probably has to do with how much the employees like him over his predecessor, Jeff Smisek.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

EXCESSIVE FORCE most likely. And Illegal detainment least.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Has to be more to this than is being reported. I have been on many overbooked flights . There has never been a single issue like this.
I will wait on the final answer before I say United is wrong.
I am betting it may well be a fugitive trying to cause confusion...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

found this, thought you might be interested...

link
edit on 11-4-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Interesting comments on the thread and I still believe the problem was with the Chicago Aviation Police. They weren't the TSA nor the AMS. When he refused to leave peaceably they should have warned him doing so would lead to his arrest and he would be much later than just a day seeing his patients. If he still refused then arrest him with as little force as necessary and turn him over to the Feds.

Personally I think United's policy sucks at this time and they need to change it. Several posts have decent ideas here and they should be reviewed and adopted. Had I been there it wouldn't have gotten that far because I would have arrested Bozo for refusing the lawful orders of an aircrew member and by the time I was done he would have had one hell of time getting out of jail. If he started in on me I simply would have sent him to la la land and when he woke up he would be in real trouble. My best,

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: tinymind
Now what happens when no body books a United flight ? Do they still have a problem with "over booking", or do they just go out of business for lack of customers.

I guess I would have to switch to a different carrier but I have a feeling that this incident isn't going to put them out of business.

A lot of people are cutting up their United cards and refusing to book on United. Serves them right. Barbaric assholes. And why'd they pick the Asian dude, and why did they stick with him even when he said he was a doctor and had patients to treat the next day?

There's nothing worse than Corporate arrogance.

I love taking people from those companies as a Headhunter and then placing them with companies that have a culture based and rooted in Civility, and heart, and even compassion and lovingkindness.

Heartless corporations deserve to go down or at the very least to lose their best people.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
A lot of people are cutting up their United cards and refusing to book on United.

Makes no difference to me what other people do with their finances.

And why'd they pick the Asian dude, and why did they stick with him even when he said he was a doctor and had patients to treat the next day?

Probably because United's frequent flier algorithm they use to rank passengers discriminates against the Asians.

Orrrrrrrrrr, he had no frequent flier status and got tabbed in the IDB lottery.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Breaking news. The CEO of United will be on GMA tommorow.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Makes me sick! Was leaving alone until the whole story was out. Madder now than when this first came out. I'd like to think if that had been me I'd be in trouble, on a no fly list, and a thug rent a cop or two would be the ones recouping in a hospital.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Apparently they tried to smear the wrong guy..the Dr has no criminal record..
www.reddit.com...
edit on 11-4-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

there should have been no lottery united has stated the flight was not overbooked that a regional branch decided at last minute they needed to deadhead 4 employees so they decided to kick four people off the plane but united is saying the plane only had 60 people on board so either this plane is smallish or they had plenty of vacant seats. and yes they could have either put their employees on another flight going that way or they could have had someone drive them to destination being it was only 4 hours away. going by the own regulations once passengers are boarded they are not supposed to kick them off without a good reason and deadheading crew is not a good reason.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
...united has stated the flight was not overbooked that a regional branch decided at last minute they needed to deadhead 4 employees so they decided to kick four people off the plane but united is saying the plane only had 60 people on board so either this plane is smallish or they had plenty of vacant seats.

Most likely a Embraer regional jet which are used on United Express since this is not a mainline flight so roughly 60 seats would be the norm. As for the lottery, that kicks in when they decided to deadhead the crew down, wrong or not for implementing it, that is what occurs when they use that rule.

I am not sure what the weather conditions were in both locations but other airlines may have been overbooked as well and you cannot drive a crew 5-6 hours to the airport, they would time out, not to mention the flight they would be crewing would have been cancelled by then anyway.

edit on 11-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

new topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join