It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Violently Dragged Off Plane After United Airlines Overbooks Flight

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Yeah discrimination or no, it was a bad thing to do and the policies are outdated.

The market seems to have also corrected Starbucks attitude

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Truly the only way to make a company care about its costumers is to start cutting into those profits. Those CEO's lighting cigars with 100 dollar bills wake up and pay attention then.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I have common sense...just..after what they did to this dr...kinda makes you stop and wonder what else they would pull...if a childs name came up and the parent has more than 1 child on the plane, they would all have to go....

costing them billions and the dr hasn't sued yet.......
edit on 11-4-2017 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

I have common sense...just..after what they did to this dr...kinda makes you stop and wonder what else they would pull...if a childs name came up and the parent has more than 1 child on the plane, they would all have to go....

costing them billions and the dr hasn't sued yet.......
Only if that was how many seats they needed.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

so, if the parent didn't want to leave the four year old and go on ahead with the two year old.
would they reimburse all of them for the plane ticket, or at least schedule a another flight for them?

would you leave one of your kids behind??

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Umphrey's?!

moe.?!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

so, if the parent didn't want to leave the four year old and go on ahead with the two year old.
would they reimburse all of them for the plane ticket, or at least schedule a another flight for them?

would you leave one of your kids behind??

Really you are totally misreading what I said. Which doesn't surprise me. As a corporation I would likely pass up the family with small children and go with the doc. What I said was anyone with common sense would not remove a child or it would be child endangerment and probably they cannot but if they remove the entire family likely only because they overbooked that many seats. I guess that was too complex for you to follow .

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

well, let's see, they forced two young girls to change their clothes when they boarded wearing leggings while totally ignoring the fact that dad was wearing shorts and showing more skin and the just assaulted a doctor trying to get him off a plane that he paid to be on...
forgive me for doubting that they have much in the common sense department!

but, by what I just read, the stockholder just threw about $600 million dollars off their stock value so maybe they will find some common sense soon.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
FAA rules require employees get like 10 hours of rest and it doesn't include time driving down to Louisville, so no they could not have rented a car.

UA could have gotten a bus ticket, or better yet hired a driver to get the employee's to the destination.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
UA could have gotten a bus ticket, or better yet hired a driver to get the employee's to the destination.

That was not an option or they would have timed out long before they reached the airport. The only other choices were booking on another carrier or cancelling the flight they were to crew. I suppose we will find out at some point why the other carrier was not feasible but my guess is they were also overbooked/sold due to the weather in the Chicago area.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

it would have cost them half price tickets to put them on another airlines plane....there wasn't a charter plane...none of the bigwigs own a plane in the area.., they couldn't offer higher voucher amount.the fallout is costing them a lot more than any of these alternatives..

if this was SO important that these "4" employess be on that plane...why weren't they there really early so they could get on the flight....the rest could have been handled at the gate before boarding..,per their own rules.

hope more info comes out about them...did they come on a late connecting flight..but, still.... situation was NOT handled correctly...that poor dr was unconscious, and the passengers were clearly disturbed and scared during this incident...

edit on 11-4-2017 by research100 because: added a sentence

edit on 11-4-2017 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is pretty sickening to watch, to be honest. I wonder how much that man paid to be beaten and humiliated that day? He was simply obeying his hippocratic oath. That should have been respected.

I looked and its a 4hr 45min drive from chicago to louisville, in case anyone wondered.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: Realtruth

it would have cost them half price tickets to put them on another airlines plane....there wasn't a charter plane...none of the bigwigs own a plane in the area.., they couldn't offer higher voucher amount.the fallout is costing them a lot more than any of these alternatives

Yea a friend of mine cancelled a trip recently because their entire family accepted buyout's 2 days in a row. Both times they got over 5k in payouts for 3 people, plus tons of other things.

UA screwed up big on this one. Hope this guy sets an example with them in court and doesn't take a settlement payment.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: moeron60

Umphrey's?!

moe.?!

String cheese

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
more information is coming out about the doctor.

new york post article

from the report:
he apparently was convicted in 2003 for trading prescription drugs for sex.

there may be more to the story than originally posted. time will tell.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
more information is coming out about the doctor.

new york post article

from the report:
he apparently was convicted in 2003 for trading prescription drugs for sex.

there may be more to the story than originally posted. time will tell.

The smear job on this doctor is terrifying.

I want to know the backgrounds of every employee involved, too. What were they doing 15 years ago? May as well publish pics of their spouses and children, as well, because that's what the media has done to this doctor.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

i agree,

his past has nothing to do with what happened the day he was removed from the plane.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

That don't mean #. Does not make what happened right

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

"Random" selection of who they kicked off the flight is a stretch..

They don't include first class passengers or people with Frequent Flier status, after that United looks at the price you paid for your ticket and then "randomly" selects passengers from coach. They take unaccompanied minors and people with disabilities into account also.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join