It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Take a Moment to Talk About Peace-- Music That Brings Us Together.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hello out there all you beautiful people! Thank you for taking a moment to contemplate peace.

There is a lot of talk of war these days. Conflict, attack, hate, fear.. all words that are part of our current daily dialogue.
While we do have to address the horrors of life, why not change focus for a moment and remember that there is a world of love and beauty out there as well?

At this very moment, people are coming together across the great divide by means of a very singular medium- music. At this moment, a crowd is gathered for the sole purpose of enjoying/experiencing/feeling life through sound.

Looking into the topic of music as a healer, I found this incredible website about a program bringing Israeli and Palestinian youth together to create music:
heartbeat.fm...
This is so heartening.
Here is one of the beautiful compositions that was created with healing and peace in mind:

Yesterday I wrote a thread about an incredible band Tinariwen, and was a bit heartbroken that it didn't get more traffic because they are that good and their story is incredible. I was compelled to publish one of their songs again in a different thread in hopes of reaching a few more.
Read more about the band and their people here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now ATS, are you ready to be amazed? Please watch Tinariwen perform with Red Hot Chili Peppers and tell me this doesn't restore your faith in humanity. Please watch that old guy dancing, and Ibrahim (lead singer) getting funky with Flea.

I had to share again because I find this video to be incredibly profound and powerful. As a parent, as a person who loves this earth and the people in it, my heart has been pained over the violent topics that are being broadcast 24/7 and I really needed to hear and share a different message.

If you are so inclined, please leave your own message of peace on this thread. Do you have any examples of the healing power of music you would like to share?

Have a truly blessed day and remember that for every conflict, for every war, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

edit on 10-4-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Naturally

edit on 10-4-2017 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Yes! That was lovely, thank you.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here's a program here in the US that focuses on healing the community through music:
www.harmonyhopeandhealing.org...

Huh. He's good! Starts at :30 but if you watch the whole thing you can see how far gone this guy appears until he does something that he loves.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Watch this baby listening to mommy sing

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Great stuff as usual. I was just listening to the still amazing Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam frontman) bellow out a goosebump inducing live version of the John Lennon classic Imagine. Hopefully one day our species as a whole will evolve to embrace peace and unity. It is cool to imagine anyway. Cyber hug your way Zos, have a great Monday!

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Wow that cyber hug put a big smile on my face, so thank you so much! Here's one back

The song you mentioned deserves a spot here.

Enjoy your week!

new topics

top topics

join