It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Computer Programmer Arrested in Spain over US Election Hacking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tellurian
It appears that he upset someone by manipulating the stock market ....election interference, not so much

Spam King Pyotr Levashov Arrested

Reuters story on Levashov’s arrest cited reporting from Russian news outlet RT which associated Levashov with hacking attacks linked to alleged interference in last year’s U.S. election. But subsequent updates from Reuters cast doubt on those claims.

The U.S. Justice Department maintains that Severa was the Russian partner of Alan Ralsky, a convicted American spammer who specialized in “pump-and-dump” spam schemes designed to artificially inflate the value of penny stocks.

Levashov is currently listed as #7 in the the world’s Top 10 Worst Spammers

If hacking the stock market is considered "election interference" then is active negative propaganda or hiding the criminal elements of Clinton et al and her campaign by the MSM considered to be "election interference?" The MSM did far more damage to the nation during the six month run up to the election, than a small stock market hack ever could. This sounds like a typical democrat bill rider, "we want the guy for effecting the fed or wall street profit margins, but we'll tack on this other crap, because trump."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Is interesting how the BBC twisted the arrest compare to the NY times original story.

Acting on an F.B.I. request, the police in Spain arrested a man this weekend named Peter Levashov, according to Russian news media reports and Reuters, citing a Russian Embassy spokesman in Madrid. Western cybersecurity researchers have identified Mr. Levashov as Peter Severa, though some doubt he is the same person.

The initial reports in Russian news media of Mr. Levashov’s arrest did not say if he was suspected by United States intelligence agencies of being involved in attempts by Russian government hackers to meddle in the 2016 American presidential election. The American intelligence agencies have said Russian hackers broke into the servers of the Democratic National Committee and the email of Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman and released documents in an effort to sway the election toward Donald J. Trump.

www.nytimes.com...

Interesting

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
if he was in spain, or russia or any other country when he did the actual hacking, would the US have jurisdiction?

just a question???

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

If they are claiming that a virus changed votes that's a lie. Most of the votes are paper votes and are counted by machines that are not connected to the internet.
I say this is a created story not based in truth.
edit on 4102017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yes. If the hacking involved U.S. citizens.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
It was the creation of fake news about Hillary's ethics or Hillary's health. It was the deluge of lies presented as fact in social media outlets.

are you out of your mind?

It was the deluge of lies presented as fact in social media outlets.

Did you see what lies were presented as facts by the main stream media about Trump?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yeah. Better keep that prayer hotline open.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I see you bought the complete package.
Good for you.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

And no I haven't seen any lies presented by the media about trump.
You have?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

No one is claiming any votes were changed.
The hacking was of the DNC email servers and the dissemination of the contents in a constant flood. It was the creation of fake news about Hillary's ethics or Hillary's health. It was the deluge of lies presented as fact in social media outlets.
It was a calculated campaign to make Hillary undesirable as a leader.

Right, I was just wondering what would happen if indeed it was found that to be the case. the hacked emails and such isn't gonna amount to much overall because even if true, the vote is still the vote..but what would happen if the votes themselves were the ones that were hacked.

But that also was already answered in that votes dont really matter overall in the process

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Here's some more info on Peter Severa, and how 'they' operate.
krebsonsecurity.com...

It looks to me That The whole intel investigation is more than just a twinkle in somebody's eye. Who knows, maybe they hoped the arrest in Spain would have been low profile, but I guess there's more to come.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Defending Hillary is like being best buddies with Hitler,Mussolini and Mao combined. It's just wrong. She is lucky that she is not rotting in jail for all eternity. She is pure evil there is no doubt about it. Nearly 50 persons died under mysterious circumstances for just being in her vicinity. She is toxic and a plague. If she was on fire i would pour gasoline over her. You think Trump brainwashed his supporters but still defend Hillary the Leprechaun? btw she lied and invented the whole landing under sniper fire story. There is even a video of her landing without any problems. She is already a certified liar.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
More fake news, more fake actors, watch this "Russian" actor/hacker get found not guilty. I wonder how much he got paid to play this act? The DNC will do absolutely ANYTHING to make Trump look bad.

I wish they would just give up already and quit crying.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Finally the evidence....oh, nope....just another Russian hacking story that will never pan out.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I really hate the term election hacking.. it might make more sense if every state used the same system and were all connected in some way...

But considering some states use paper ballots, some are not connected to the internet how exactly could those states be "hacked" its such a horribly misleading phrase..

its gotten to the point I have had to block some of my yankee family members that insist the entire election was hacked by the russians, and refuse to acknowledge the fact that the phrase is wrong.

I think the only two states I am aware of that reported a hack attempt on their networks associated with voter registration (I believe, could be wrong) were indiana and georgia (working off memory so be kind) and they traced the hack back to the Fed not Russia.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The big problem with that story is the fact the "hacked emails" were factual--no one denied their contents. Regardless of who gained access to them, I find it odd and a little ironic (primary being rigged/ tammpered-with in favor of Hilary) that the contents of such emails were ignored by people who seem to have suddenly become obsessed with Russia. If Hilary was "undesirable as a leader" it was a result of her own doing.

Further note, should the BBC have been accused of election tampering whenever they reported on a candidate.?
edit on 10-4-2017 by timequake because: typo

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Defending Hillary is like being best buddies with Hitler,Mussolini and Mao combined. It's just wrong. She is lucky that she is not rotting in jail for all eternity. She is pure evil there is no doubt about it. Nearly 50 persons died under mysterious circumstances for just being in her vicinity. She is toxic and a plague. If she was on fire i would pour gasoline over her. You think Trump brainwashed his supporters but still defend Hillary the Leprechaun? btw she lied and invented the whole landing under sniper fire story. There is even a video of her landing without any problems. She is already a certified liar.

That is an astute assessment.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Saw this tweet today from Clint Watts:

Here is the link to the Business Insider article (may have already linked this): Business Insider

Who is Clint Watts?

Clint Watts is a Robert A. Fox Fellow in the Foreign Policy Research Institute’s Program on the Middle East as well as a Senior Fellow at the Center For Cyber and Homeland Security at The George Washington University.

Clint is a consultant and researcher modeling and forecasting threat actor behavior and developing countermeasures for disrupting and defeating state and non-state actors.

As a consultant, Clint designs and implements customized training and research programs for military, intelligence and law enforcement organizations at the federal, state and local level. In the private sector, he helps financial institutions develop best practices in cybersecurity intelligence operations.

His research predominately focuses on terrorism forecasting and trends seeking to anticipate emerging extremist hotspots and anticipate appropriate counterterrorism responses. More recently, Clint used modeling to outline Russian influence operations via social media and the Kremlin’s return to Active Measures.

Before becoming a consultant, Clint served as a U.S. Army infantry officer, a FBI Special Agent on a Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF), as the Executive Officer of the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point (CTC) and as a consultant to the FBI’s Counter Terrorism Division (CTD) and National Security Branch (NSB). Clint earned a B.S. from the United States Military Academy and an M.A. from Middlebury Institute of International Studies

Clint Watts - Foreign Policy Research Institute

Where have you seen/heard of him recently?

He testified at the Senate Hearing on the Russia allegations, March 30, 2017

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
if he was in spain, or russia or any other country when he did the actual hacking, would the US have jurisdiction?

just a question???

They can extradite him from Spain if he has committed a crime against the US. It doesn't matter where he was at the time of the crime, from my understanding...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

a reply to: SaturnFX

No one is claiming any votes were changed.
The hacking was of the DNC email servers and the dissemination of the contents in a constant flood. It was the creation of fake news about Hillary's ethics or Hillary's health. It was the deluge of lies presented as fact in social media outlets.
It was a calculated campaign to make Hillary undesirable as a leader.

Thank the Powers Above.

hmm...republicans control the entire federal government and 31 states. they are THE ONLY POWER I see right now.....let's face it, the wealthy are now truly in charge, only caring about less regulations and their own tax cuts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join