It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW: Fox News Buys Al-Jazeera!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Under intense pressure from the Bush administration to sell its controversial Al-Jazeera network, the nation of Qatar stunned the television industry today by agreeing to sell the broadcast company to Rupert Murdoch's Fox News Channel.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Television insiders were taken aback that the network whose motto is "We Report. You Decide," would acquire a broadcast entity whose slogan is "Death to the Infidels."

Wow this is huge news! I actually had to sit down and take a breather while reading this over. Folks you have to read this for yourself. Apparently Al-Jazeera's most popular program "This Week in Jihad" will be replaced in favor of a new show "Hannity and Hussein." A show that will feature Fox's Sean Hannity in a political discussion/debate with Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein from his prison cell!
Holy smackers I kid you not! Go ahead check it out for yourself!

My conspiracy bones are twitching like mad here. Did America really capture Saddam? Or have we been tricked by a CIA body double? So what's next? Oh let me guess, Bill O'Reilly will be hosting Osama Bin Laden during the next O'Reilly factor episode?.. Tommarow I'm sure we'll see CNN broadcasting live from P’yongyang North Korea?

This is absolute madness!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Did you miss the big "Satire" banner at the top of this?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Edited cause I now realize it's satire. Sigh, I'm so gullibel

[edit on 2-2-2005 by sensfan]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You were too quick to notice that part Banshee!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I really wanted to believe that one. It seemed like a wonderful chance for a horrible extremist network to become at least slightly more fair and balanced. Obviously there would still be some bias, but eventually Al Jazeera would have set Fox straight!

Just kidding. Fox is practically all I watch.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hahahahaha Wow, that was good for a laugh! Thanks, Syntax! Hope you didn't hyperventilate too much.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
My conspiracy bones are twitching like mad here. Did America really capture Saddam? Or have we been tricked by a CIA body double? So what's next? Oh let me guess, Bill O'Reilly will be hosting Osama Bin Laden during the next O'Reilly factor episode?.. Tommarow I'm sure we'll see CNN broadcasting live from P’yongyang North Korea?

This is absolute madness!

Good one!!

By the way.. what the hell are "conspiracy bones"

Do I really want to know?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
but eventually Al Jazeera would have set Fox straight!

Right on! ROTFLMAO.

Fox News - We Report, You Barf.

[edit on 3/2/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Imho it would be a smart move by Fox if they actualy did that.
Buying one of the most anti Bush stations that is quoted all over the net and by the more central and leftish news organisations regarding to "the other side" news from Iraq and the Middle East.

If Fox were able to take over Al-Jazeera, it would be a mighty addition to the propaganda matrix already in place.

new topics

top topics

join