It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS Expedition 50 crew members return to Earth April 10, 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The 50 expedition team just passed the reigns to the 51st, and are on their way home now.
Its being streamed live now and they will land in Kazakhstan in about 15 minutes. Enjoy the show!

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Awesome, thank you for sharing.I'm watching and they just said they still have another 8 minutes before touching ground. That is a long time to fall with only a parachute holding the capsule. That would scare me more than going up.

Great way to start the work week. S+F

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
WOW, that was a harsh landing was that normal?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

woohoo they made it!! I got a bit nervous when I saw that flash though. I guess thats normal? Hopefully aliens don't pop out when they open the hatch and then the feed gets cut due to ice crystals.

Ok, thank GOD, no aliens!
edit on 4-10-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
50 liars...obviously.

We all know the Earth is flat...they just dont wanna tell us.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Your right I was on the edge of my seat. I think the capsule fires rockets a second before touching the ground, I believe that is the flash we saw. It seemed like the rockets fired to late and it hit the ground hard, causing it to tip over.

I'm glad they are safe, such a dangerous job, the men and women that do this are heroes in the true sense.

I have to head out for work, once again thank you for sharing.

edit on 4/10/2017 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

When I originally read the title, I also mistakenly was in shock that there were so many people onboard. Then I turned my brain on and realized it was referring to the crew rotation lol. Imagine trying to cram 50 people in that Soyuz?? Circus clowns the world over would be jealous and tell tales for generations.

for sure, I kept missing the rocket launches, so I figured I had to at least see this.
edit on 4-10-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

When I originally read the title, I also mistakenly was in shock that there were so many people onboard. Then I turned my brain on and realized it was referring to the crew rotation lol. Imagine trying to cram 50 people in that Soyuz?? Circus clowns the world over would be jealous and tell tales for generations.

LOL, that's exactly what I thought as well. I was like wtf 50 people on the ISS!

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Always love that flash fried look to the capsules. Wheee, we didn't burn alive!

They are sitting comfortable now. Sitting because they have spent the last 6 months weightless.

As an experiment get some weights that equal your body weight and hang them around your neck.

Then go about your day.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
They're showing replay footage now. Gotta respect the Russians for their low cost low tech approach. Pool ladders, open end wrenches to unbolt the parachute...

Love them tundra busses.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The technology is just rather antiquated but then again entering into our atmosphere in what amounts a brick with attached parachute is always going to be a rather dicey experience.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Now this I always love about cooperatively achieving space exploration of two superpowers currently having trouble in relationship on Earth by politicians who not seem to understand each other very well sometimes.

Maybe it's a good therapy to put some clashing presidents into the iss for a month or two so they have to work with each other.

And then see if tensions still around?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Imagine trying to cram 50 people in that Soyuz?? Circus clowns the world over would be jealous and tell tales for generations.

Ha! Imagine trying to cram THREE people in there:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
I've seen pics before when that rich woman was hitching a ride into space, but it didn't looked that cramped. That is just insane, but it obviously works well.

Thanks for sharing the pics, ugh back to work.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Here's a nice video for you all: Soyuz undocking, reentry and landing explained.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l7MM9yoxII

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 772STi
I've seen pics before when that rich woman was hitching a ride into space, but it didn't looked that cramped. That is just insane, but it obviously works well.

Thanks for sharing the pics, ugh back to work.

Well, the second image is taken from the narrow end of the capsule, so the smaller foreground may make it look a little more cramped than it is in the wider background where the astronauts are sitting...

...but it's still pretty cramped.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

WTF! Are you serious?? Well I suppose that padding is necessary from such a high descent. Damn, now I really do wnt to see circus clowns try and stuff as many people into a good replica

top topics

join