It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad may be a lot of things, but he’s not stupid.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: VimanaExplorer

bending over for - UAE and Saudi rulers? so now making contracts and doing business is considered bending over?
you do realize that this picture was taken in 2014 when he was with Hussain sajwani CEO of the well known DAMAC company dont you

who didn't want powerful leaders like Saddam

for your info my country offered asylum to Saddam hussain before your country bombarded Iraq, so no we wanted to save him and his nation from the barbaric Bush when he asked Saddam to step down or else.

and what does that other picture with Queen prove? the Queen would shake hands with the devil if she could do so, opps didnt notice that the devil is in the picture and smiling too.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

edit on 4/10/17 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Great post and I agree with you for once.

I think Trump got played.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I love how threads with facts covering all the angles get no love, but we can witness dozens of pages of pure speculation and conjecture in an echo chamber of broken records playing MSM soundbites for days on end.

People should do themselves a favor, turn their brains back on to manual, and #ing think.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Great post and well put together -
Dr. Marcus Papadopoulos sums it up well - the Russians were invited by the Syrians - the West, Soros, White Helmets....they don't belong there.

I'll repost the video as I think its worthy to mention it again

edit on 10-4-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

That is very telling!

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

in order to receive some kudos, you have to convey the same message as Governments etc, the conditioning is so strong in the Gen Pop.

For me like the OP said, If you want to find the Culprit, watch the aftermath and who gains most from it!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Assad may be a lot of things, but he’s not stupid.

Really ? Got any source for that ?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

i totally agree with you this was not done by assad . i say follow the money who benifits from regime change in syria ? well qatar /saudi arabia want to build a pipeline thru there to instanbul why because it ids much cheaper to send your product thru pipes than around africa or thru canal using super tankers. this is why isis is trying so hard to do regime change to benifit saudi masters.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
At this stage, I really cannot understand how anybody could truly believe Assad was responsible for that chemical attack, especially since we are yet to be presented with any evidence that he was.

No evidence. No reasoning. No justification. No Dialogue.

If you do believe that, then by extension you must believe that Assad is an extremely stupid individual who would rather get the world to hate him, purposely get his supporters to question his sanity, purposely piss Russia and the USA off and put himself in the position of either being forcefully "removed" from office or murdered.

Wouldn't it have been easier, quicker and less painful to kill himself instead of using chemical weapons to attack civilians already under his control and hoping it results in his death?

edit on 10/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Why would Assad use chemical weapons?

Because turning half the cities in Syria into this cost untold TRILLIONS in clean-up and reconstruction.

Chemical Weapons saves real-estate..
It's like fumigating a house to him.

Plus...they are REALLY Cheap compared to typical munitions.

Plus...They instill terror..

It's a lot of the bang for the buck if you are a sociopath.

edit on 10-4-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Black Pigeon did an excellent video on this a few days back.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
He is stupid, are you kidding me?

Would you allow over 400,000 of your fellow countrymen to die so you could hold power?

He holds fake elections to claim he's an elected leader but twice the elections he had he was the only one on the ballot, the most recent one there were two others on the ballot but no one has heard of them and only pro-Assad areas were allowed to vote.

He could have resigned and kept his country together.

Yes he'd use chemical weapons, he was stupid enough to have a picture of the canisters sitting out in the open.

He's not scared of US intervention until now, so what did he have to lose by using chemical weapons? Nothing.

He knew the US wouldn't invade, he knew Putin had his back, he got to learn how the new administration would respond and he caused more fear in the population causing more refugees to flee into the west, which is Putin's number one objective in Syria.

Quit believing the Russian/Syrian propaganda. It's absolutely unbelievable that so many Americans believe the enemy of us over us.

Had ATS existed during the Saddam era they would have said Saddam didn't use them either.

Had ATS existed during World War II ATSers would be saying Hitler was a victim of evil western aggression.

Todays modern political climate is a effing joke.

Meanwhile people die needlessly, and by things the civilized west banned long ago.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Assad is as stupid as Trump is a capitalist pig:

Meanwhile, the stocks of the military contractor Raytheon surged following the missile attack, which used 59 of the company’s Tomahawk missiles, estimated to cost $1.4 million apiece. As stocks surged, Raytheon added about $1 billion to its market value Friday morning. According to financial disclosure filings, President Trump personally invests in Raytheon, meaning he profited directly from the attack.

www.democracynow.org...

I read somewhere that if Trump runs the U.S. like his businesses, prepare to be looted

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i'll tell you how it makes sense, they have done it in the past with no consequences numerous times because their shield called russia, china and iran so they thought it would be the same this time too. and the syrian military indeed did not use chemical weapons this time but they knew it was there when it was bombed by their aircraft and they knew they could escape consequences on a legal technicality and due to russian backing, they thought diplomacy and laws would excuse them again.
edit on 10-4-2017 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Or he was hoping that claiming it didn't make sense for him to use them would fool everyone. Oops, narrative busted.

Then there's this.

Charles Lister, a senior fellow at the US-based Middle East Institute, also rejected the Russian account of what happened as "laughable."

Here's the key part right here:

"First of all, nobody in their right mind would ever store both both components of a binary nerve agent in the same building. And secondly, even if they were stored together and then targeted, blowing them up would not result in any active nerve agent -- it's chemically impossible," he said.

So according to this guy, even if Syria's air force did accidentally bomb a terrorist arsenal where sarin was being stored, it wouldn't have had the same effects as what we witnessed. So unless you think what we witnessed was a carefully orchestrated production with actors, it's leaning very likely the Syrian air force did indeed deploy sarin. Unless someone here is a chemical weapons expert and can refute this gentleman.

CNN article

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Why don't they just use Napalm?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Maybe they don't keep it in their inventory? Napalm's tactical use is for areas with heavy foliage. According to Wikipedia only 2.4% of Syria is wooded. Could be any number of reasons. Why aren't they using x, y, z doesn't change the fact that according to a qualified source, dropping conventional bombs on stored sarin wouldn't result in the same dispersion as sarin intentionally dropped from their planes. If someone has the expertise to refute that, I'd be happy to hear them out.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Are we sure it was Sarin gas?

The first casualty of war is the truth.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Maybe he is stupid?

In so far as he has seen someone he thinks isn't against him get elected to the office of President of the US? Maybe he thought he really was untouchable with Putin and Trump being so firmly against the IS led rebellion that he failed to see how such an attack would play out?

<< 1    3 >>

join