It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biographer Claims Barack Obama Called America ‘Racist Society’ in Unpublished Manuscript

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

How do you know why and how I was stopped by the police?

And how do you know it was profiling in you anecdotal story?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Are everyone's racist experiences equal?

I think as big an issue is that people tend to want to ascribe motive and underlying meaning to things. My wife and I have had this going on for over 20 years: she tends to hear things I never said, because I 'basically said it'. I think much of what is racism is this type of dynamic. THen again, on the other hand, the opposite would be true: racism happens frequently and its not even recognized as such.

Nonetheless, if people would stop trying to ascribe motive and underlying (between the lines) meaning to things, I think the world in general would be a much better place. Despite the plethora of benefits, this is the major drawback to "theory of mind".

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

When I was around 20 years old, I babysat for a mixed-race child (white & iranian). He was a beautiful kid!

I took him for a walk in a stroller on a Sunday afternoon. People driving by were in their church clothes. I began to notice that a lot of them were looking at me funny, and then a couple people (yes they were guys in big trucks) rolled down their window and called me some pretty racist names.

So then I understood. Here I was, a very white young woman walking a mixed race boy. They thought I was his mother and they apparently did not like that fact. Yes. It was in the South.

Racism exists. I just never saw it until it happened to me.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think it's time for a certain degree of racism to go mainstream again. We should still love everybody and give everybody a fair chance in our society. But is it really racist to realize that a lot of our friends in the middle east are pretty inbred (1400 years of Islam where a good share of marriages are between cousins), is it really racist to realize that after a white flight from a big city we see what happens in Detroit, Memphis, the Dutch pull out of South Africa and see what happens over there.

It is blatant disinformation when they tell us that all the races are the same. If you are white we need to get our gear together and save the white race, have a couple cute white babies and don't get them vaccinated.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Spider879

All opinion. And of course you are welcome to believe that.

Is there racism from all different "groups" yes. On average, there is no where near the problem the media hypes. There are people to separate to continue the status quo.

Would a racist society elect Obama? Clearance Thomas? Would the US elect many other people of differing ethnicity to high ranking positions?

Yes, following the era of the uncivil war ,we as Americans had the best chance of setting things right, a chance not seen since the American revolution, but somehow racist fukwiths couldn't let sht go, and gave us 70yrs of Jim crow instead, for during that era, more black folks were elected to high office not to be seen again till the 70ts.
edit on 10-4-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

It does exist, no doubt. There are assholes everywhere.

That said, i live in West Texas (backwoods southern desert rats). My sons are both latino. When my 2 black nieces are with us, i've never had that happen. Nor has my wife (although she is morena, and they may think my nieces are her daughters....who knows).

But in Snyder, TX i couldn't find a hispanic person to give me a light. For some reason there is highly increased mexican/white racial tension there. Its completely unlike anything else in the area, and I don't know why.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I don't doubt it can go whichever direction from one culture/color to another.

It is, after all, a human trait, not dependent on one melanin or cultural trait.

I just remember, having grown up out west in a very white, very sheltered community with a mostly medium-to-high range of income, that racism was only theoretical. I didn't see it clearly or understand it until I got my own taste of it that day. It is a weird feeling to be judged for your skin, or perceived associations with other's of a different color/culture.

Humans need to grow up.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Obama caused a serious racial divide inside the US and they are still reeling. He also talked a lot about his black people thus alienating all the other different races in the US and nobody batted an eye. Btw is he still in hiding with his whole entourage?

so...all the white presidents that take the first year to basically remain silent with few interviews are ok, after they leave office...but Obama is HIDING WITH HIS WHOLE ENTOURAGE.....yeah....you're not a knuckle-dragging racist....got it

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Racism isn't a human trait insomuch as a trait learned through the imperial age. Europe fancied thinking of the rest of the world of savages in need of saving. Once you dehumanize them as savages, its a short leap to bigotry.

The human trait is the desire to do unto others as they have done unto you. Its not just a biblical line, but a basic human trait that should be given proper consideration.

Where European empire spread (mostly Brits...the other euro nations were more into exploiting and less into rationalizing), racism grew as a crop.

That said....genocide isn't new either. But there is a difference between genocide due to hating a race of people vs genocide to seize political control. Not in reality, but philosophically.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: seasonal

Is he wrong?

I had a friend who woke up to a burning cross in their front yard.

I have a white female friend that was sexually harassed because they felt she owed them for owning slaves.

Got any more cool stories?

And my kids went to school with a black kid that was continuously stopped walking home from school.

He was even questioned sitting on his own front porch.

I went to school with a kid that was continually questioned by the police.
They even came inside his house to talk to him.
He was white.
He was a bad kid.

Not the same as a kid profiled just because he is black, is it?

This kid was not a bad kid.

My post worked.
You didn't specify that the kid wasn't a bad kid.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Agreed. What I meant was that racism isn't bound to one particular group rather than another, when it gets to practicality.

The "eye for an eye" reaction is also understood.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

America! Love it or leave it!!

Nope!! that's a cowardly way out, bring changes to what you don't love about it, the founding fathers leave us some wonderful documents for us in order to make a more perfect union. despite their individual short comings.. the Constitution, Bill of rights and Amendments etc are living documents, not museum pieces. ..so making a more perfect union will always be a work in progress.

edit on 10-4-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Obama did not cause the divide.

The Republican Right (aka white dudes) did.

Does your head pop off the pillow in the morning thinking.
"Gee how can I degrade and belittle an entire race of people today?"

Are you not aware there are an awful lot of NOT "white dude" republicans?
If I practiced these levels of ignorance it would make my head hurt...
How do you do it?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
the Constitution, Bill of rights and Amendments etc are living documents,

No they are not!
The Constitution is not a dynamic document. It was not meant to be interpreted in a way to achieve a desired policy-based outcome. The authors did not intend for it to be changed every time there was a swing in popular opinion.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Is he wrong?

I have a white female friend that was sexually harassed because they felt she owed them for owning slaves.

And my kids went to school with a black kid that was continuously stopped walking home from school.

That is a just an example of intelligent resource lead policing. Black males committ a disproportionately larger amount of crime, so it makes financialy good tactical and strategic sense to stop and question a larger portion of them.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Amendments to the Constitution does exactly that.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

Is he wrong?

That is a just an example of intelligent resource lead policing. Black males committ a disproportionately larger amount of crime, so it makes financialy good tactical and strategic sense to stop and question a larger portion of them.

What makes more sense to me is figuring out why that is so.

Science can find no discernable difference between humans, beyond maybe a spread of small/minor variance (Maori jaws, or the teeth of southeast asians having a specific groove on them). But even those traits are seen elsewhere (the striated teeth, for example, can be found in the new world as well). So with this knowledge, we can make a very reasonable assumption: humans are humans, with differences being either regional genetics of nurtured behavior.

Then you take that assumption and figure out why young black men break more laws (as you state). It would seem to me that stopping more young black men not only marginalizes all young black men, but results in nothing better than a band aid being applied (i.e., detecting crime after its occured) rather than effecting cure (removing the causes for that crime to begin with).

With just a casual glance its easy to see that young black men don't get a fair shake. Some of it is their choices, all of it is due to the situation our nation has created for them.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

Funny how when black people talk about the true effects of racism that they have personally seen and/or experienced first-hand that some (many) white people are so eager to tell them how their personal experiences are incorrect and that there is no (or very little) racism in our society.

Figures.

Just because you haven't experienced it (which is a good thing) doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I think the observation is that Obama did more to create racism in the US than to fix it. And his radical writings are evidence of this.

Opinion, not fact.

One could easily argue "creating" or "increased" racism was a reactionary measure due to the fact that a black man was elected POTUS.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

a reply to: SirHardHarry

Are everyone's racist experiences equal?

Whoever said they were?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Funny how when black people talk about the true effects of racism that they have personally seen and/or experienced first-hand that some (many) white people are so eager to tell them how their personal experiences are incorrect and that there is no (or very little) racism in our society.

Figures.

Just because you haven't experienced it (which is a good thing) doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I think the observation is that Obama did more to create racism in the US than to fix it. And his radical writings are evidence of this.

Opinion, not fact.

One could easily argue "creating" or "increased" racism was a reactionary measure due to the fact that a black man was elected POTUS.

Im not arguing with you. Im explaining the premise of the OP. I think if i were to argue here, i'd argue for both. Action always creates reaction. And regardless of if the chicken or the egg came first...the fact remains we still have chickens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join