It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biographer Claims Barack Obama Called America ‘Racist Society’ in Unpublished Manuscript

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: seasonal

Is he wrong?

I had a friend who woke up to a burning cross in their front yard.

I have a white female friend that was sexually harassed because they felt she owed them for owning slaves.

Got any more cool stories?

And my kids went to school with a black kid that was continuously stopped walking home from school.

He was even questioned sitting on his own front porch.

I went to school with a kid that was continually questioned by the police.
They even came inside his house to talk to him.
He was white.
He was a bad kid.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Are we going to pretend It's not?? ..not saying things haven't improved somewhat or even a lot , but one simply cannot wipe away centuries of racism in a single generation , supporter of Obama or not , people still keep pining away for the good ol dayz, then there are the fukwtihs I mean the young-uns ( millennials ) who justifies blackface and seeing nothing wrong with leaving a rope on students door knob., off course there is the politics of the baby boomers and Gen X those who should have gotten it right, still carrying on as if the 60ts didn't happen, ask yourself this, how are politicians like Steve Kings

We can't restore our civilization with somebody else's babies.
still a thing, see that only makes sense if you believe in biological determinism, yet a lot of folks supported this guy and guys like him to high office.

So yes America is a racist society and I should know, as I have traveled and lived in other parts of the world, where while not perfect have no where near the raw amount of racism as my country.

I know there are posters here ready at the go, to say well if Black folks or others only did this or that there would be no racism, well folks have been saying sht like that from 1817, 1917, 2017 and if we are not careful 2117.
America is racist because quite a few still believe in biological determinism.
edit on 10-4-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Who knows if Obama is a true racist or not. What I do know is he put himself in dumb positions defending people that turned out to be criminals as the Potus. The racial divide in this country started to flare up again while Obama was in office and making those dumb decisions.

After that, the DNC just piled onto the racist rhetoric towards white people. Calling us all deplorables, rednecks, uneducated, or whatever other terms they decide to describe us with because our political ideologies don't align with theirs. So basically, I've lost all respect for that side of politics and the people that support it. How could I take anyone serious that resorts to insults because I have a different opinion than them? So in the end I don't know if Obama is a racist, but one thing is for sure. The DNC is definitely an organization that thrives on racism.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

This was from when he was a kid. So probably some 30 years ago.

They moved up from Miami to north central florida. They were at a restaurant and his dad stood up for someone that was being harrassed.

Leading to the 3 am cross burning.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
All white people are now racist.
Obama is half white , therefore, he is at least half racist.

Which half, inside or outside?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What Obama said sounds pretty accurate to me, he said that there is still racism embedded in our society. As far as blacks are concerned, blacks also believe in a divided America to a degree because they have their own culture.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I dont see the big fuss here. America is a racist, among other things, society. That's why we need to make it better. Calling America out on its bs don't mean you hate America. Just calling it like it is.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Racism is a specific instance of general primate xenophobia.

/shrug

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
LOL...."White people are racist because they won't give special concessions to black people"

That explains so much about the prior 8 years......

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Racism is a specific instance of general primate xenophobia.

/shrug

We misuse the term race horrifically. Currently there is 1 race of human on this planet. Sometime witin the last 1000 years there was possibly another race of human: H Floresensis (AKA Ebu Gogo). Prior to that, the Neanderthal went extinct/was bred out. same with denisovan.

Modern humans are like dogs: wide physical variety, almost identical DNA. There are no other races. Racism is a fairly recent arrival to western thought:

www.pbs.org...

I think it was the Brits. The british rationalized the dehumanization of the african people. The same mindet rationalized colonizing the entire planet in order to save savages from themselves. This became a US ideal, as well....and now we bomb Syria to save them from themselves (or their leader). We don't mind attacking savages, because savages have been dehumanized.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What difference does this make now that he isn't president?.

Is it going to be used to point out how wrong some people may have been in the past tense, now that it doesn't matter any more?.

It's pretty much true that most american's are racists and other types of "ists" too, just look around you and listen to what is said and it's obvious that this country is infected with an awful lot of racist and sexist types, unless you exist in a special sheltered space the bigoted can't gain access to...

Hell, I have even been discriminated against because I couldn't relate to or quote bible scripture with people in the south that I worked with and for. Is that right?.

In america, people look for reasons to reject you and discriminate against you, and if you don't have piles of cash to throw at a lawyer to take them to court, it doesn't matter if something somebody does is illegal.

Racism and sexism are used to divert attention away from the most widespread type of bigotry and discrimination in this country it seems, bigotry toward those with little or no money.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

All opinion. And of course you are welcome to believe that.

Is there racism from all different "groups" yes. On average, there is no where near the problem the media hypes. There are people to separate to continue the status quo.

Would a racist society elect Obama? Clearance Thomas? Would the US elect many other people of differing ethnicity to high ranking positions?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Very true, it is amazing that Obama hid this from the American people, wonder why?

Who knows if Obama is a true racist or not. What I do know is he put himself in dumb positions defending people that turned out to be criminals as the Potus. The racial divide in this country started to flare up again while Obama was in office and making those dumb decisions.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
And this coming from the once Racist-in-Chief . Now just racist.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Funny how when black people talk about the true effects of racism that they have personally seen and/or experienced first-hand that some (many) white people are so eager to tell them how their personal experiences are incorrect and that there is no (or very little) racism in our society.

Figures.

Just because you haven't experienced it (which is a good thing) doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
edit on 10-4-2017 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BFFT

Previously, I had been hesitant to deny the existence of multiple races of man.

Your post has done the most to convince me otherwise.

The part about varieties of dogs works.

Thank you for that post.
edit on b000000302017-04-10T10:33:19-05:0010America/ChicagoMon, 10 Apr 2017 10:33:19 -05001000000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

edit on b000000302017-04-10T10:36:34-05:0010America/ChicagoMon, 10 Apr 2017 10:36:34 -05001000000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
OP using Briebart for news on ATS, is like using Hamas to give us the news on Israel....it's laughable and pointless

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

Funny how when black people talk about the true effects of racism that they have personally seen and/or experienced first-hand that some (many) white people are so eager to tell them how their personal experiences are incorrect and that there is no (or very little) racism in our society.

Figures.

Just because you haven't experienced it (which is a good thing) doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I think the observation is that Obama did more to create racism in the US than to fix it. And his radical writings are evidence of this.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: grey580

Is he wrong?

I had a friend who woke up to a burning cross in their front yard.

I have a white female friend that was sexually harassed because they felt she owed them for owning slaves.

Got any more cool stories?

And my kids went to school with a black kid that was continuously stopped walking home from school.

He was even questioned sitting on his own front porch.

I went to school with a kid that was continually questioned by the police.
They even came inside his house to talk to him.
He was white.
He was a bad kid.

Not the same as a kid profiled just because he is black, is it?

This kid was not a bad kid.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Are everyone's racist experiences equal?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join