It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People, Calm Down. Look at the Facts About the Syrian Strike.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It was one strike, on the heels of a chemical attack (regardless of who perpetuated it, it's not unimportant but it is what it is). Now there are warships moving toward NK. I think most people know NK has to be dealt with.

I will be deeply saddened if Trump pushes our men and women in for a regime change in Syria, but I have no reason to believe that's what will happen. Both McMaster and Tillerson have said their concern is ISIS. I'm not saying regime change won't happen or can't happen, but at this point that is nothing more than a narrative.

To me, this whole thing seems opportunist. A way to send a message to china and NK, while at the same time sending a message that the use of chemical weapons will not be tolerated. But that's just my take on things.

I think people are getting too worked up about regime change and Trump getting us into WW3 (which is absurd). If WW3 started because of that attack in Syria, Russia was just looking for an excuse. But I don't think Russia is that irrational and so far they haven't been.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I think most people know NK has to be dealt with.

Who has DPRK bombed or invaded?

I support no action in Asia.

Stop expanding the war machine.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

who says the USA is the one to 'deal with' NK? who put them in charge? the US war machine is the single biggest threat to peace on the planet.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

To me, this whole thing seems opportunist.

Others see it as a case of opening a long over due can of whoop ass.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Both McMaster and Tillerson have said their concern is ISIS

How is it isis is a bigger concern than Assad asking for help against isis?

Granted, Assad ain't inclined to ask for help against isis because he doesn't consider our help actually is helping him.
So he asks russia and iran instead- not just because they're neighbors but because they share oil resources.

If Tillerson is in the picture it's because he is an oil guy.

Oil is just a small detail/technicality...stamp isis into the ground- oil will still be at issue.

If oil is not addressed, it's a false flag to steal their oil.

Terrorism began when oil was discovered in foreign lands?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
More than likely a false flag.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Several thousand American aircraft were shot down by Viet Cong. Russia can easily supply S-400 to SAA and shoot down American aircraft. It is dangerous now that Russia and America terminated deconfliction hotline. 1 dead Russian soldier in Syria from an American bomb and American soldiers would pay with their lives.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

How is it isis is a bigger concern than Assad asking for help against isis?

So , Assad fights ISIS by attacking the rebels (no , not ISIS) (rebels meaning the general population that is against him) with chemical weapons ? Yeah , that sounds like a sane and reasonable game plan . And asks for help. Apparently , we sent him some help. Via a bunch of cruise missiles to help remind him who he is supposedly against.And it isnt his own people.

This deserves a double devil

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The rebels are HTS, the Syrian branch of Qaeda. They are listed as a terrorist organization of the UN. They are worse than IS.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: Gothmog

The rebels are HTS, the Syrian branch of Qaeda. They are listed as a terrorist organization of the UN. They are worse than IS.

So , the answer is to attack everyone in an area that may be rebels ?
Very elaborate answer , but useless in logic.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

We want china to deal with them. If you don't think it's bad for peace to have nukes under the control of an increasingly desperate kim jong un, I can't help you with that, it's unreasonable.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Just huffing and puffing. It will blow over.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

It was one strike, on the heels of a chemical attack

Thats what they want us to think,

"One strike".

Whats a 'strike' anyway, is that like in Bowling when you knock all the pins down? Or a swing and a miss at the ball game? They call it a strike or package or sortie...

So innocuous isn't it?

Don't think in terms of ongoing bombing campaign over Syria for years, from Kobani, to Allepo, always fighting some 'ISIS', as if the uS is helping Assad rid his country of terrorists.

Easy enough to believe except whoops theres 59 cruise missiles pounding Syria air assets, no mistake this time...

and don't even try to pass it off as a reprisal, or deflect to North Korea around here. The official PR campaign is weaker with every passing day.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Who has DPRK bombed or invaded?

He's getting increasingly close to bombing SK. Missiles are landing in their waters. The point is to de-escalate and disarm a crazy person.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Until they do more, that is what it is.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: intrptr

Until they do more, that is what it is.

Thanks for doing your part to minimize and downplay it.

This is an alternative news site, not regurgitated main stream news.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Turkey proves otherwise......a reply to: allsee4eye

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
the US war machine is the single biggest threat to peace on the planet.

Oh please, the US is the only thing keeping the world from falling into total disarray. You think the Chinese would go quietly into the night if the US weren't around? Hell no, they would be waging war all over Asia. You think the Russians would be pacifists if the US wasn't around? Hell no, they would be rebuilding the Soviet Union right now, invading all of their neighbors. You think the Iranians or Saudis would be peaceful in the middle east? Hell no, they would be raging even more than they are for middle east dominance. The fact is the US is the only thing that has been keeping the world relatively stable for decades. Sure we've made some mistakes, but the US does FAR more for global stability than anyone else.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Syria is not about sending a message to anyone. It's about dueling Qatar-Turkey and Black Sea NG pipelines.

The latest news coming out of Syria is that Assad has just used White Phosphorus bombs in Idlib. True or not, this will be used as the catalyst for more strikes.

Now the talk coming from the usual chickenhawks will be to push for a no fly zone and regime change. All indications are that the result will be a hot war with Russia.

This is all about deep state self interest, not altruism. It's the same old pathetic geopolitical game. That said, the rabbit hole goes very deep on this one and the propaganda and disinformation will be laid thick. Prepare accordingly.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I think most people know NK has to be dealt with.

And how is that, exactly?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join