It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Sunspot Developing on Farside of the Sun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
E_T

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Yes, smaller than anticipated, but still pretty impressive...
There's nothing impressive in it.
I checked it today with telescope and when comparing to even moderate activity face off the sun is almost clear from sunspots.

This is what impressive means... (from my previous post)

EDIT:

Since then the sun's 27-day rotation has turned the pair toward Earth. They're no longer impressive. Decaying sunspot 720 is small and scattered, while sunspot 733, about as wide as Earth, has a simple magnetic field posing little threat for flares.
www.spaceweather.com...

[edit on 9-2-2005 by E_T]

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Something that disturbes me is that something coming from the sun has to be very hot. I looked up the temperature of a CME and one website said they were around over 10,000 degrees, or 6000 Kelvins ( solar.physics.montana.edu... ). Well, do they cool off before they get here ?

We've been told about the one in the 1800's that did some damage to telegraph systems, ect; and a few minor ones in the recent past. Mabe those weren't coronal mass ejections like the one's wer're about to see that are coming.

We need to keep in mind the elite's attempts to deceive us into being unprepared. Mabe it's another reason that the elite's bunkers are dug so deep.

<< 1   >>

join